SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why we fight for who we are

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCDoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Why we fight for who we are Reply with quote

I am a Desert Storm Vet who served with 3rd Bat. 25th Marines, a proud Naturalized US Citizen (the day before I left for active duty during ODS as a matter of fact) and a concerned attorney.
I wish all the politicians would tell the truth why the USA had to go to war. Now before everyone gets fired up, let me ask you, how many times would someone have to slap your wife, children or you yourself before you would flat out deck him and put him on the floor. The real reason we had to go it alone (despite our so called allies) and kick Saddam out of power was to show the world that the US is NOT to be trifled with. World Trade Center bombing number one, no real reaction, a US warship bombed in port and sailors killed, no real reaction, 2 buildings in Africa, no real reaction. The radical extremists had no respect for who we are and the US armed forces. We had to show the world that the USA still has the cajones to defeat any military in world, NO exceptions, and that we would not tolerate being slapped in the face anymore. Unforetunately, the administration can't actually say that. (Notice we hadn't heard from our buddy Quadaffi in Libya since Ron premptively bombed him).
This is not a time to have leadership that is faint of heart or weak of conviction. If Kerry could actually convince me that he had a spine stronger than the French I'd vote him in, but he doesn't. I know several military wives with husbands in Iraq that are convinced if Kerry is elected that he will leave our brethren to rot. Lets not let that happen.

God, Country, Corps, Semper Fi.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semper Fi Doc, the sad truth of it is this will be a monumental election and people will stroll to the booth with their own personal interest at heart. "What will the government do for me" and so on.

I've lived the greater part of my life with the words of John F. Kennedy:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

I find it's a shame the Democratic leadership has found fit to hold up John Kerry, who has never done for anybody but himself as the example of that philosophy. How could they have come so far from the original ideals?

It is now to us to decide if we'll become puppets to world opinion or bastions of freedom. I will vote for the honest president and if a UN Frog wants to see my credentials, i'll kick his ass and then go vote.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Doc...remember we did hear again from Quadaffi....he surrendered his WMD's after we went into Iraq fearing he might be next! So we know we did get some WMD's when we went to Iraq...just in Lybia. I still think we will either find them hidden very well in Iraq or smuggled into Syria. We were not exactly quiet about who and where we were going after the Taliban.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc to Doc:
We are in Iraq to hold a gun - at close and thus convincing range - on Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia. Only we can't come right out and say that. The war in Iraq is the war on terrorism. What galls me is that everyone in the government knows that, and no one will say it. In an earlier generation, after a 9/11, we would have mobilized the entire nation to a war footing, raised whatever size Army was required, and started marching east from the Mediterranesan coast, and kept going until the only comparison in history would have been with Alexander the Great. If these people get nukes, as they are trying to do and may already have done, what is coming is Biblical. If that happens, the simpering left that has gutted our will to defend ourselves for over thirty years, led at the outset by J.F. Kerry and his like, will have a lot to answer for . . . but they won't. They'll blame Bush, if he's still alive, and what's worse, they will be believed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: