SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS??? Reply with quote

I have been trying to research the story...but not sure which TV station George Stephanopolis (sp) works...but was told he had an interview with John Kerry and asked John Kerry about raising taxes on the middle class and Kerry replied he would never raise taxes on the middle class unless we we at war....George hesistated for a moment and said we are at war. Kerry then said something like this doesn't count...and I can not remember what all I heard he said. But I was trying to find out - but did not know the correct spelling of Stephanopolis's name or what TV station he works for...thought it was ABC and went to their website but was not sure what the name of the show was.

So anyone can help would appreciate it. I was trying to find out what Kerry actually said!
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK this is what you are looking for Theresa:

Quote:
[1]10:47:39 GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)
(OC) Taxes, first words out of President Bush's mouth yesterday in his speech were, they're going to raise taxes, we are not. You said in your speech on Thursday night, we won't raise taxes on the middle class. Is that a rock hard pledge?
[1]10:47:51 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
Rock hard.
[1]10:47:53 GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)
(OC) No matter what, no new taxes?
[1]10:47:55 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
Absolutely solid. No new taxes on the middle class. We are going to, in fact, provide, 98 percent of Americans will get a tax cut under our plan, and the other folks know it. We've said this for the last year. It's in our plans. Both John and I ran in the caucuses and primaries very clearly saying we believe we need to protect the middle class.

I am skipping some to get to the war part, it's at the link. I'm NOT trying to change the story.

Quote:
[1]10:49:42 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
Let me make one caveat.
[1]10:49:44 GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)
(OC) Okay.
[1]10:49:46 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
War, obvious national emergency.
[1]10:49:48 GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)
(OC) Well, we're at war now.
[1]10:49:49 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
Well, it is possible obviously if the war, we've said that our plan is going to reduce the burden in this war, I have no doubt on that, none whatsoever. We're going to reduce the burden in this war, and if we do what we need to do for our economy, we're going to grow the tax base of our country.
[1]10:50:03 GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS (ABC NEWS)
(OC) That's a pretty big caveat.
[1]10:50:06 SENATOR JOHN F. KERRY (DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE)
No, it's not a big caveat. I'm talking about a national emergency beyond what we have today in Iraq, if you had something extraordinary that happened, and obviously I want to be realistic about that.

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/footnotes/2004/08/john_kerry_john.html

Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think that is what I was looking for...got to run...so will take a look at it later tonight. Appreciate it!
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS??? Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I have been trying to research the story...but not sure which TV station George Stephanopolis (sp) works...but was told he had an interview with John Kerry and asked John Kerry about raising taxes on the middle class and Kerry replied he would never raise taxes on the middle class unless we we at war....George hesistated for a moment and said we are at war. Kerry then said something like this doesn't count...and I can not remember what all I heard he said. But I was trying to find out - but did not know the correct spelling of Stephanopolis's name or what TV station he works for...thought it was ABC and went to their website but was not sure what the name of the show was.

So anyone can help would appreciate it. I was trying to find out what Kerry actually said!

This from a man who according ot everything I've read/heard has never missed an opportunity to vote for a tax increase or vote against a tax cut.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Kerry & Taxes Reply with quote

Kind of reminds me of the 2 chickens & the Fox story.
Seems as though these two chickens were walking down the road & a fox jumped out from behind a bush. The first chicken begged the fox, "please don't eat us". The fox replied, "just close your eyes & I'll go away, I promise". So they closed their eyes and suddenly the second chicken heard an awful commotion & heard chicken #1 yelling & screaming, as chickens do. Chicken #2 opened one eye to see what was going on & saw the fox eating chicken #1. Chicken # 2 yelled, "you promised that you wouldn't eat us if we closed our eyes, and you would go away! Why did you do that?" The fox replied, "because I'm a fox and that's what a fox does". Kerry is a democrat, and that is what a democrat, at least this one, based on his 20 year voting record, does, raise taxes. Twisted Evil
Anyone pick up on how long he has "been negotiating with foreign governments"? If my math serves me right, he would have started in 1969. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm where was that sedition question post?
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still surprises me that did it not make some of the liberal stations...I know I shouldn't be...after all no one called him on it when he said he voted against the medicare reform...when actually he skipped it. No one called him on the "sensitive terrorism"...here let me give you a blankie and a water and you can tell me what I can help to make you not want to kill, maim or hurt us?

Would not raise taxes unless we were in a time of war?????? What planet is this guy on? But must be someplace foreign since this election is going to be tight...maybe that is our answer...the libs have been taken ovr by aliens! That would explain the extreme far left...would it not??? Very Happy Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he needs a platoon of gardeners to prune a hedge that big! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: