SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY I WILL VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: WHY I WILL VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY Reply with quote

I am opening this thread because, in my memory, I can't remember an election in which a candidates own supporters had so little good to say about him.

So tell me why I should vote FOR John Kerry and not Against George Bush.

Answer questions such as these:

How will he save social security?
How will he grow the economy?
How will he create more jobs than are being created now?
How will he save medicare?
How will he bring down healthcare costs?
Does he have any strategy to recreate the income tax system?
How much will he increase MY taxes to pay for his programs?
Or how much will he decrease my tax burden since I am definitely middle class?

Get the idea?

Sell me your candidate instead of bashing his opponent.

You can try using his Vietnam war record. I doubt you'll make much headway with this group.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely some of you diehard Kerry fans have something GOOD to say about your HERO.
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro,
I wish I could answer these questions,but can't.
I can however refer you to the Constitution of the United States in where you will find none of the items you have concern with fall under the powers of the president. These are all within the province of congress.
Try to separate out the responsibilities of the legistrative from the executive branches of our government in choosing who to vote for.
i.e.: The president doesn't raise or lower taxes, congress does. The president's powers are very limited really. Ask yourself who really is charge of the things for which you express concern .I believe you will find it is congress.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The President has a program or a plan or a vision that he tries to get accomlplished through congress.

What is Kerry's vision for America?

Domestic, foreign ... I don't care .

Give me or anybody else interested a reason to vote FOR Kerry and not AGAINST Bush.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick, Carpo, slick. You spend 3 minutes making a list of questions that requires a few pages for each answer. I'm not playing that game and it's an old Usenet trick.

If you want to know those things, just go to www.johnkerry.com.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick one , O Mighty One.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for health care, you can go here:
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/kerry_health_plan.pdf

Just because the whole "kerry is a 'war criminal' approach" isn't going anywhere, Carpo decided he'd try to branch out with a different approach and different topic.

I'm pretty happy sticking with the threads in place and I'll devote more of my time and efforts there rather than getting sidetracked. When you're winning any competition or debate, why change strategies?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing links to campaign pages isn't selling why you'll vote for Kerry, Stimpy... oops... Sparky. Are you unable to sell your choice of candidate?
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: WHY I WILL VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY Reply with quote

Social Security is doomed because we have not done anything to stop the flow of immigration for the last 50 years. They keep multiplying over and over preventing the US from having a natural stable population. You get what you ask for by letting millions into the country to breed like rabits.

How will he grow the economy?

No one grows the economy. Why do you want to grow the economy? If you keep eating fudge sundaes you sooner or later going to slow down, get ill and die. Economy is no different. Growing economies consume huge resources that are becoming scarce. Now that China wants to be industralize is going to compund the problems of people like you wanting more and more of everything.

How will he create more jobs than are being created now?

We are pretty much reaching the end of greater need for workers. Probably in the next 10 years job creation will come to a halt because of efficency and automation. Here is were the need to deal with population rather then tring to make matters worst by keep enlarging and expanding till we kill off our species.

How will he save medicare?

I saw a study that squarly put the blame on immigration for 2/3's of the medicare problem.

How will he bring down healthcare costs?

By sending 30 million people back to where they came from.

Does he have any strategy to recreate the income tax system?

Why does it need recreating? Flat tax systems was shown to have cost middle income earners greater tax libility then current system with all the exemptions offered.

How much will he increase MY taxes to pay for his programs?

Under kerry a LOT.

Get the idea?

Yep, why I am voting for Bush, though he is far from perfect.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Just because the whole "kerry is a 'war criminal' approach" isn't going anywhere, Carpo decided he'd try to branch out with a different approach and different topic.

I'm pretty happy sticking with the threads in place and I'll devote more of my time and efforts there rather than getting sidetracked. When you're winning any competition or debate, why change strategies?

Quoting threads from the Kerry web site doesn't tell me why YOU think I should vote for him.

You didn't write those political advertisements. Give me something that comes out of you own little pea sized brain.

Assuming you have one.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dudes, I'm just enjoying the theme of this website too much -- Kerry's service -- to get sidetracked.

I can understand why you want "to go there" though. The whole "Kerry is a traitor" thing isn't selling.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
sparky wrote:

Quoting threads from the Kerry web site doesn't tell me why YOU think I should vote for him.

You didn't write those political advertisements. Give me something that comes out of you own little pea sized brain.

Assuming you have one.

Way cool!
A guy has got to love the way some of this Swift Boat Veterans for Truth supporters display such great example to impress readers at large.
"... little pea sized brain." Now that is an original thinking grownup remark the best you are capable, I am sure. Rolling Eyes
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: WHY I WILL VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:

Social Security is doomed because we have not done anything to stop the flow of immigration for the last 50 years. They keep multiplying over and over preventing the US from having a natural stable population. You get what you ask for by letting millions into the country to breed like rabits.

Suicide of the W? Bush’s Illegal Immigrant Amnesty

By Sam Francis

With unemployment reaching a new high of 6.4 million last week, President Bush thought it would be a nifty idea to ask Congress to let more illegal immigrants remain in the country. He then met once again (for the fourth time) with Mexico’s President Vicente Fox, who once again (for the ten zillionth time) badgered the president to agree to abolish virtually all immigration controls. It is perhaps not entirely clear which country Mr. Bush thinks he is president of, but if his plea for letting more illegals remain here is granted, he may not be president long.

Late last year Congress passed a law that allows illegal immigrants already in this country to apply for legal U.S. residency without leaving the country to do so if they paid $1,000. In effect, the new law created an amnesty program for illegals, though no one wanted to call it that and, unlike a total amnesty, the illegals at least have to pay for residency. By the end of April, when the program expired, thousands of illegals had legalized themselves, thereby cheating the legal immigrants who had the patience and honesty to obey the laws of the country they wanted to be part of.

But thousands of others had not signed up, and the presumption was that they didn’t because they didn’t understand the rules Congress had enacted. That’s OK, of course, because Congress itself, not to mention most Americans, don’t understand what Congress enacts, but because they are illegal aliens, they are entitled perhaps to more privileges than most Americans or even congressmen. Because they missed the deadline, some people think, the deadline should be extended.

The Washington Post thinks so and called for extension in an editorial two days after Mr. Bush sent his letter to Congress. It’s rare for the Post to praise anything Mr. Bush does, but it endorsed him on the amnesty extension. “President Bush got it right in his letter supporting the extension: It’s in our national interest to welcome the immigrants ... who have established ties to the community through family or jobs as full participants in American society.” Not exactly.

The reasons offered by the Post are largely those offered by Mr. Bush, but they tell us only what is in the interest of the aliens, not of the nation. It’s not in the interest of the nation to extend the amnesty (nor to have enacted it at all) because, in the first place, as noted, unemployment is on the rise, and the more immigrants, legal or illegal, who are here, the more competitors Americans will have for the dwindling number of jobs.

But, in the second place, it’s not in our national interest because excusing lawbreaking, especially of illegal immigrants, never is. It’s not good for the rule of law on which the American government is supposedly based, nor is it good for discouraging other foreign nationals from breaking the law themselves by sneaking into the country illegally. Every time there is an amnesty—any kind of amnesty—it merely holds out the possibility of yet more, and more complete, amnesties in the future. In short, amnesties reward lawbreaking and encourage illegal immigration.

Extending this amnesty, moreover, also hurts Republicans, which is why Mr. Bush may not be president very long if it is extended and why also The Washington Post is suddenly so supportive of the president. As Antonio Gonzalez, director of the William C. Velasquez Institute, a Latino advocacy group in Texas, told the Scripps Howard News Service, an amnesty for illegal aliens now could result “in more than 14 million registered Hispanic voters by 2010--on a par with African Americans.”

Democrats outnumber Republicans by a better than 3-2 margin among Hispanic voters. As the Scripps Howard story notes, “GOP leaders so far have stood in the way of extending the deadline as proposed by Bush. But Democrats, including House Democratic leader Dick Gephardt of Missouri, a potential presidential candidate in 2004, have embraced it.”

Why is that, do you wonder?

You don’t have to wonder why the Republicans in Congress seem reluctant to help President Bush cut his own and his party’s political throats, nor why the Democrats and their shills in the media are so eager to help the president do it. Not even the Stupid Party will walk over a political cliff right in front of it.

What you have to wonder about is why does Mr. Bush persist in wanting to legalize lawbreakers, encourage more lawbreaking, harm American workers, debase the rule of law and, on top of all this, also import an unassimilated underclass that will vote for his rivals?

Maybe because he really doesn’t know which country he is president of.

Links to elaborate are found in the text at:

http://www.vdare.com/francis/suicide_of_w.htm
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, craig, see if you can come up with a reason to vote For Kerry instead of AGAINST Bush without using Kerry's website.

This ought to be easy. Why is it so hard? Check with some of your cohorts. Maybe, if you put your heads together, you can come up with at least one original thought.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Sorry dudes, I'm just enjoying the theme of this website too much -- Kerry's service -- to get sidetracked.

I can understand why you want "to go there" though. The whole "Kerry is a traitor" thing isn't selling.

I take it that some of these scamps don't like having their "Truth" challenged or tested to see if they be actual truth or if they be mere slander and "Lets smear Kerry Like we did McCain."
Well, not all the same crew. I wonder if they had to beg or threaten Sampley to not attach his name to this?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: