SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red tracers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Red tracers? Reply with quote

This subject was brought up by someone in this forum weeks ago but got very little response.

Everyone knows that John Kerry kept a personal "journal" of his exploits during his tour. The following quote from his journal was posted:

"Scorching flashes of tracer, red and deadly, come at you with terrifying suddenness that catches all by surprise..."

This is John Kerry's poetic description of combat, but there is a problem. NATO troops (friendly) used RED tracers, Warsaw Pact (enemy) used GREEN tracers. I can only draw the following conclusions:

1. John Kerry was describing a "friendly fire" incidence.

2. A description of combat through the eyes of the enemy. (not unbelievable)

3. He doesn't have a clue what combat is about.

As a "grunt", one of the first things we were taught when we came in country was about the GREEN tracers.

Is this something that should be exploited, or do I have an over active imagination.

Anyones thoughts, please.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any call for release of records should include a call for Kerry's "War Diaries. They are the core of Brinkley's work....Except for February and March when Kerry was purportedly to be busy to make entries...how convenient.

For that period he relies on interviews with 6 enlisted men who claim to have been on his boat. I have doubts the Alston was, as he was I believe, seriously wounded on 29 Jan 1969 when Ted Peck still commanded PCF-94. He also relies on a hand-written "War Log" maintained by Mike Medeiros for that period.

1. Complete Service Records
2. John Kerry's War Diaries
3. Mike Medeiros's War Log

These aree the basic documents needed. Write Kerry demanding their release. Write every mainsewer media outlet insisting they publically demand such release.
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Red tracers? Reply with quote

redneckvet wrote:
This subject was brought up by someone in this forum weeks ago but got very little response.

Everyone knows that John Kerry kept a personal "journal" of his exploits during his tour. The following quote from his journal was posted:

"Scorching flashes of tracer, red and deadly, come at you with terrifying suddenness that catches all by surprise..."

This is John Kerry's poetic description of combat, but there is a problem. NATO troops (friendly) used RED tracers, Warsaw Pact (enemy) used GREEN tracers. I can only draw the following conclusions:

1. John Kerry was describing a "friendly fire" incidence.

2. A description of combat through the eyes of the enemy. (not unbelievable)

3. He doesn't have a clue what combat is about.

As a "grunt", one of the first things we were taught when we came in country was about the GREEN tracers.

Is this something that should be exploited, or do I have an over active imagination.

Anyones thoughts, please.

GREAT CATCH...anyone who has had VC fire directed at them would know the color of the tracers are GREEN. GOTCHA
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Flylow.

To me, this is another classic case of how Kerry will embellish, lie or fabricate a story to make himself look like a hero.
dafrog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red is good, green is bad. Pretty simple, almost seems we should ask for a 214.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Red tracers Reply with quote

I hate to say anything to support Kerry, but I have to say this. I have been shot at quite a bit by US weapons and ammunition - mostly Korean war era stuff that I guess fell into VC hands from the ARVN or Ruff-Puffs, I don't know. In any case, Kerry could be telling the truth on this. He probably isn't, but it is possible.

One thing to add though. You generally don't see the tracers if they are coming at you. Only if you are pretty far off to the left.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive that his claim was that while in Cambodia for Xmas 68 it was the south Vietnamese that were firing the tracers which almost hit him. So his claim of red is correct in that context but he wasn't there so he is just a liar in the end. My point, it doesn't matter what color he professes the basic justification for the color was a lie from the inception. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: