SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NH Primary - Message to Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UpperNH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: NH Primary - Message to Kerry Reply with quote

TV ads hit NH early and often in election years. Somehow Kery's election team got my email address and asked that I tell them how I feel. Below is pasted the email I sent 7 Dec 03.

Hello,

You asked for some feedback, so here it is. Tell me why Kerry's first ad for the campaign ran such a short time. Could it be that it (and he) pissed off a bunch of Veterans with his proudest moment - co-founder of VVAW.

I fought in Vietnam as an E5 sergeant - 101st Airborne Div - I heard what was going on back home (1969-1970) - when I finally got home Easter Sunday 1970, I ran into the protesters - up close and personal. Then I hear about a bunch of Viet Vets forming this protest group.

Now I was really pissed off. How dare a fellow Viet Vet protest in public - make himself so visible in an antiwar movement that focused on returning soldiers. Got their message out so effectively that by this time Veterans are paying the price - returning home to ashamed families - no one wanting to admit you were a Vet because of the stigma associated with fighting in Vietnam.

Thank-you John Kerry for joining the "popular thing to do" instead of going about your business in a less visible manner.

I consider you a less than desirable person - let alone a Veteran. I sincerely hope I'm able to say these words in person, but with the primary looming and your candidacy dimming, I'm sure you won't get a chance to visit Bethlehem.

So, with one son fighting in Iraq and another on standby keep your comments regarding this war to yourself. The more you blather out demeaning statements - the more my sons and others like them will question not only your candidacy, but your claim to being a Veteran as well.

Sincerely,

Bill Brown

wbrown@ncia.net
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing that, Bill. Your heart-felt expression is worth 100 times its weight in TV advertising. It can't be bought.

I agree with you. When my brother got home from Vietnam, he didn't want to talk about it. It's clearly different for me, having been in the Navy from '73-75. Nevertheless, if my brother was capable of doing the things Kerry accused his comrades of, I think I would know.

A traitor like Kerry doesn't deserve my vote. Proud to find myself in your company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: