SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Political Ties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InSearchOfTruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Political Ties Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone here could substantiate or deny allegations that the SwiftVet Organization accepted financing from now President Bush and/or the G.O.P. in order to run a similar campaign against Senator McCain in 2000. I was talking about your commercial with a few leftist friends of mine and they discredited you for your alleged financing with the G.O.P., but as far as I could see on your site proper there was no evidence to support or deny their claim. Thanks.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, Swift Boat Veterans For Truth was founded this year.

So they couldn't have had anything to do with the attacks on Sen. McCain beause the organization did not exist at the time.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See: http://dir.salon.com/politics2000/feature/2000/03/06/fec/index.html McCain files federal complaint. Senator says Bush TV ads paid for by Texas' Wyly brothers violate election law. By Jake Tapper
March 06, 2000 ....

None of this has ANY bearing on the absolute truth of the Swift Vets message - Kerry lied!!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBVFT was formed only a few months ago and was NOT behind the campaign against McCain.

There has been NO financing OFFERED BY or RECEIVED FROM the President or the GOP or the RNC.

This is a grassroots effort, though one Houston homebuilder donated $100,000. I do not know his political affiliation.

The founders did the initial funding - participants and outside supporters have done the rest of the funding.

It is a matter of public record, so any investigative journalist who is interested will most likely find the records in the office of the county clerk in Houston TX.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: ...and you know what? Reply with quote

Most vets are republicans.
AND an OVERWHELMING majority of former military officers are republican, too.

It should come as no surprise that INDIVIDUAL republicans would finacially support this or any other veteran's group.
Just as, ONCE AGAIN, a huge majority of veterans will vote republican.
Just as they did in the previous election, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that.....
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Another Red Herring Reply with quote

This is just another dodge used by the Dems to avoid answering/debating the real questions. As usual, its only wrong if someone is doing it to them.

As far as I know, these are the facts:

A - The Swiftvets were officially founded in May, 2004. Certainly, they had nothing to do with any campaign mounted back in 2000.

B - The Swiftvets did hire a professional spokeswoman (although why they need her when they have O'Niell, I don't really know), and this woman did fill the same or a similar role with the group that attacked McCain. But why wouldn't they? They certainly want someone with experience. My best guess is that this woman has been involved with any number of groups and issues. I would not be at all surprised to check her resume and find she had worked for some Democratic campaign somewhere. Politics is their business.

C - The Swiftvets did choose the same firm to do their ad as this other group used for the attack on McCain. So?? I'll lay odds they have done Democratic ads as well. Politics is their business.

D - The Swiftvets did get a $100K donation from some big-time Republican contributor. He is based in Houston (that's where O'Niell comes from also). This $100K is small potatoes comapred to the sizes of his normal contributions.

E - The Kerry's contribute millions every year directly to something called the Tides Foundation, and are helpful in getting their friends to contribute millions more. The Tides Foundation funds any number of mis-labeled (innocent sounding names that hide their agendas) left-wing organizations including MoveOn.

F - MoveOn is certainly as vehement and much less truthful in its critcism of President Bush as the Swiftvets are of Kerry.

G - A much better link can be made between the Dems and MoveOn than can be made between the Reps and the Swiftvets.

Its all just a smoke screen.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you know the truth about the swifties, so go now and ask them for the truth to their claims. But be ready to smack them with your proof to the contrary, and do it public and often. This disinformation is running amuck from the DNC. I have not spoken to anyone from the GOP, I don't need to either. I know where they stand and this is from me personally, I am a Veteran and I have earned the right to speak. The Swift Vets have offered me a chance to do that and for that I am thankful. I might be a small peon in this group but I feel that I am being heard. When this is all over I hope that they don't just wipe out this site, I would like to see it continue. Maybe under another title for Vets to speak out and link up for their own good. We are Vets from many branch's of service that have united for a common cause, we now know that we can be heard and the truth will stand on it's own merrit. The likes of Kerry need to stop and we are the ones who need to do it through truth. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: