SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dealing with leftist dems at the office
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not even waste the effort of arguing about Florida.

I don't like the President myself for other reasons. However, to me it's history. The fact that he cheated or didn't cheat is no longer valid. It will not change anything.

I belive both sides played the game. Florida "accidently" removed potential democratic voters with the screw up over convicted fellon lists.

Then there was the service personel's voting issues.....

Simply reading the Consitution is not enough. People can intrepet meanings that are not there or were not intended. You have to look at the men and their writings.

That's why there are a bunch of Consititutional scholars and lawyers! Wink
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print up a few of these for your cube Very Happy

Robyn G
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem at work except I found the Republicans and I started speaking up more. If someone slams Bush I'm right there to make them shut up. I am almost afraid to put a Bush sticker on my car for fear some leftist lunatic will do something to my car.. Evil or Very Mad
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robyn, I have the same thought, but put them on teh back window of my truck anyway. I have one that says, "1st Aviation Brigade, Proudly Served." Another says, "I'll Forgive Jane Fonda When The Jews Forgive Hitler," and another that say "W in 04." So far, other than the occassional snarl, they've left it alone.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Office is a tricky place for talking about elective politics. I try to avoid it because most people that I disagree with merely filibuster the entire conversation.

You have to have a thick skin, and/or soundbite responses that infuriate them. The goal is to win the argument, it is not a debate with rules.

If you end up in one of these "water-cooler" moments, you have to keep your cool. Let the LIB lose theirs, which they invariably do.

But do not let politics poison your work environment. Most times just walk away. Without someone to argue with, the LIB will start going off the deep end. This is happening to W's critics because (to our frustration) he's not responding to them.

KEEP YOUR JOB!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: