SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet question: Where are the "Band of Brothers?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Easy question to answer Reply with quote

ArogantMan wrote:
True Veteran's....members of what you refer to as "Band of Brothers" would never lower themselves to insult and denigrate other Vietnam Veterans.

It is the way it is suppose to be.,

Hey ArrogantMoronMan -- I think you're thinking of Cops. Go back to watching TV.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Quiet question: Where are the "Band of Brothers?&am Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:
Quote:
Has any one else noticed the overwhelming silence of Kerry's happy band?

Wade Sanders, Skip Barker, Wasser, Allston, Short, Zaladonis, etc etc

Still looking for any of the "on the boat" crewmembers to appear on TV or radio

Again

Which is why all we are seeing from the Kerry campaign is obtuse legalese.

Will the "financially feted Band of Brothers" standup and be heard?

Probably not. And this Swift Boat sailor will wait in vain for an answer.

Stop waiting in vain! Stop being passive and giving our power away. Take the initiative. We need to stay on offense.

For God's sake can we and the Swifties drop the loyalty to these betrayers? Can we drop the effiminate, PC "rules" that says we can't question them or call them out? They are not your brothers. They have gone over to the enemy a long time ago. Sold their souls. When they formed their dark alliance with Kerry it became the same as forming an alliance with Giap and Ho Chi Minh. For that is who Kerry truly served in Vietnam and later, besides his own ambition.

These men are traitors and deserve even more severe treatment than a legitimate enemy. And exposing and breaking them may be the key to defeating Kerry. So go after them if they will not come out in the light. I say they are soft, brittle, scared to death, maybe sick of their lies and will crumble. THEY HAVE TO BE SICK OF JOHN KERRY! They have to be sick inside with guilt. Go and rescue them from this.

Go after them! Go in peace and with no anger. Go prayerfully, but go and talk to them, to their families, their churches, their friends and tell everyone who has "emotional leverage" over these men what they have done.

Maybe most of their friends will be just as corrupt as they are now. But you only need to start with a few or even one KEY person who becomes convinced that the Kerry crewman he knows is seriously morally wrong. And your Kerry crewman will become "toast" emotionally. He will be forced to come clean.

I realize this may be all new and "radical" for a lot of you. But it is not. It is an old and revered idea. This is about using shame and public humiliation to correct wrongdoers. This idea is making a come back today in society and in the courts, as a way for society to discipline wrongdoers.

One of the crew is a preacher today! Well at Mathew 18:15-17 Jesus said to do exactly what I am suggesting when a man has wronged someone. I have an unpublished book written on how to use this "idea" morally, legally and effectively. If anyone is interested, contact me.

These men are the key. We have a right to contact them and to educate the people who have "emotional and spiritual leverage" over them. you are not attacking or harming them in any way. You are rescueing them from John Kerry's seduction and corruption of them. Yes, they will go through a temporary catharsis of pain and shame, but they will be infinitely better off if they come clean. Help them.

Dwight Callaway
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Quiet question: Where are the "Band of Brothers?&qu Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:

With all the media visibilty being given to the SBVFT sailors in the TV and press.

Wade Sanders, Skip Barker, Wasser, Allston, Short, Zaladonis, etc etc

With the exception of Rassman's "deer in the headlights" performance, none
of the other "brothers who were on his boat" seem enthusiastic about telling
their side of the story to counter the eyewitness accounts by the SBVFT folks.

Where are they?

Meeting with the Dem handlers to get their stories straight ................ ??

Meeting with the Dem lawyers to discuss their options ........................ ??

Waiting for the next shoe to drop when the book is widely read ......... ??

Or are there cracks starting to show in the non-specifics of their story line?

What kind of advice did you give these guys Ras? Stick to the talking points?

I guess we will just have to wait to see if they re-appear or just dis-appear.

You can "bet yer bippy" that the SBVFT will not disappear. We're here to stay

Things are just starting to get interesting

WELL THOUGHT OUT!
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 6/28 USA Today:

Vietnam crewmates steady at Kerry's side

By Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY
BOSTON — Thirteen of the men who fought with John Kerry in Vietnam will be on the podium Thursday night, helping introduce the nominee before he gives a speech accepting the Democratic nomination for president.

John Kerry takes a water taxi across Boston Harbor with fellow Vietnam veterans.

Graying and near retirement, they were the boatswain and gunnery mates, the petty officers who crewed 50-foot aluminum swift boats skippered by Kerry when he was a rail-thin 25-year-old Navy lieutenant (j.g.) in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. They are, the Kerry campaign says often, his very own Band of Brothers.

The phrase is from the title of a book by the late Stephen Ambrose about World War II paratroopers bonded by the horror of war, an emotional linkage as old as human conflict. It's a theme of the Democratic convention this week: that Kerry's courage under fire is a measure of his character.

His crewmen were with him as Kerry arrived in Boston on Wednesday. They laughed and swapped stories on the water-taxi ride from Logan International Airport to the Charlestown Naval Yard. Jim Rassmann, whose life Kerry saved when he pulled him into a swift boat while under fire, was made to wear a life vest.

Then they turned serious, awed not just by the importance of the moment in Kerry's life but also by the simple fact that they survived and came to this moment together.

"We all fought together at a very crucial period in our lives when literally we could die within the next breath," says Fred Short, 56, a computer programmer from North Little Rock In 1969, he was a gunner's third mate aboard PCF-94, the second of two boats Kerry commanded.

Tonight, he and the others will attest to Kerry's courage and leadership and, they say, worthiness to lead America.

"I've seen his mettle in action. I know he's a cool character under fire," Short says of his ex-commander, who earned a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts during a tour of duty that lasted several months. "Anything I can do for Sen. John Kerry is the very least I can do for him."

The Kerry campaign has a goal: 1 million veterans campaigning for one of their own. In six weeks, 100,000 have signed up, says organizer Max Cleland, the former senator from Georgia who lost both legs and an arm in Vietnam. "This is a powerful movement," he says.

Democrats also see it as good political capital compared with the pilloried record of President Bush, whose service in the National Guard during the Vietnam era has been questioned.

"I know what 'mission accomplished' means," says James Wasser, referring to the banner behind Bush after he landed in a jet on an aircraft carrier and proclaimed major combat over in Iraq. "We've been on missions, and we've accomplished them. Just flying onto an aircraft carrier doesn't make it."

Promoting veterans is a fresh approach for a party with a legacy of peace activism. Kerry himself personified the anti-war movement when he demanded withdrawal from Vietnam during testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971.

But the emphasis today is on Kerry's combat experience. Cleland says his heroism in the treacherous Mekong Delta "sets up a powerful sense of gravitas, sense of meaning ... that we haven't had in the Democratic Party since Jack Kennedy."

At the core of this movement are the men who served with Kerry. They have star status here in their blue polo shirts bearing insignia of the boat on which they served with Kerry. When they speak, reporters and delegates mob them.

Steven Gardner, a former gunner's mate, isn't here. He has been critical of how Kerry uses his war record and refused to join the shipmates. Critics say Kerry has capitalized on his combat stint to further his political goals.

But Wade Sanders, 61, one of the ex-skippers, doesn't share that feeling. "I had to be with him, win or lose," the San Diego lawyer says.
The Kerry crewmembers struggle to explain this. "I say, try to imagine what it's like if you come to a really difficult crisis in your life and the people you love come closer to you," Sanders says.

"The only difference is that in combat, it happens a lot quicker, and your life depends on it."

For the Rev. David Alston, 57 — then a gunner's mate aboard PCF-94, the second of two swift boats Kerry skippered in Vietnam, and now a Baptist minister from Columbia, S.C. — his devotion to the candidate led to an invitation to address the convention by himself Monday night. It was something that terrified him at first.

But Alston pulled it off. ]"When the shooting stopped, he was always there, with a caring hand on my shoulder asking, 'Gunner, are you OK?' I was only 21, running on fear and adrenaline.

"It's not hard, when somebody has put their life on the line, to help him," he says. "It's not hard at all."
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, NavyNavyNavy. I tend to see the Kerry SBV guys as, not dupes (that is a bit harsh) but guys who got caught up in the thing. Kerry is running for president, and I am sure he cultivated those ties. I wouldn't want to be in their position. Anyone know them personally and want to comment?
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Where are the "band/aid" brothers.?????? Reply with quote

They are in the back of Jane Fonda's limo, and it can not be found.

Last time Jane put here head up it was in a little cafe in Isreal,

when her advance people went into the cafe, they saw only

4 little old ladies at a table to the side. so they went out and

told her it was safe.

When she went in , the little old ladies look at her and after a

moment of disscussion, "got up" demanded their check

then went to "Janes" table and call her names ect. and

left her there alone.

Where is Jane , now the Kerry needs her.???????
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Quiet question: Where are the "Band of Brothers? Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:

Wade Sanders, Skip Barker, Wasser, Alston, Short, Zaladonis, etc etc

When I posted this, I didn't realize that some of the "Band of Brothers" WEREN'T

Now it appears, there is doubt about "when" some were really "on Kerry's boat"

You may remember The Reverend David Alston making a speech at the DNC

David Alston wrote:
I also come here tonight to honor a friend of mine, a man of courage and
conviction who has fought for these ideals his entire life: John Kerry. Many
of you in this hall already know John Kerry well. Others across this land are
still learning about his long and distinguished record of public service.

I know him from a small boat in Vietnam, where we fought and bled
together, serving our country. There were six of us aboard PCF-94, a
50-foot, twin-engine craft known as a "Swift Boat."

From the August 12, 2004 Media Lies web site:

Media Lies wrote:

Just when did David Alston serve with Kerry? Alston was the gunners mate on
PCF-94 when Ted Peck was the OinC. He was seriously wounded in the head on
1/29/69 (Peck was also wounded, which is why Kerry took command of PCF-94),
during a heavy engagement. Alston has given numerous interviews where he
recounts the events of 2/28/69, when Kerry earned the Silver Medal. This is odd,
because Alston was in the hospital at the time, recovering from a serious head
wound.

http://antimedia.blogspot.com/2004/08/john-kerrys-band-of-brothers.html

Whew! This stuff just gets more mind boggling the more we hear about it

Last edited by rbshirley on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the money quote from that blog:

<<

Of the thirteen, only nine ever served with Kerry, and only six served when Kerry was receiving any his medals. One is either lying or grossly mistaken. One is mistaken about what happened. One could only have served in the same area for a few days at most plus one night on the "Boston whaler". One served with him during his "quiet" period aboard PCF-44, and one saw action with him several times while commanding another boat.

>>

If that is TRUE, there's John O'Neil and whoever else's talking points response to the "these men were on the boat" charade.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

"His crewmen were with him as Kerry arrived in Boston on Wednesday. They laughed and swapped stories on the water-taxi ride from Logan International Airport to the Charlestown Naval Yard. Jim Rassmann, whose life Kerry saved when he pulled him into a swift boat while under fire, was made to wear a life vest. "

I watched as much of this as there was on TV...and I'm sure lots of other people did, too. I remember talking to my husband on the phone and telling him that I thght it was weird the guys on the boat were hardly smiling at all. It looked to me like a bunch of guys that hadn't seen each other for many years and couldn't figure out what to talk about...or maybe a bunch of guys that didn't know each other at all. Did anyone else watch the TV coverage and think the same thing? I can't be the only person to have noticed the body language there.

While we are on the subject of a so-called Band of Brothers...where are Rassman's SF team mates? You would think one or two of them might have a comment.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observations Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: