SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about John O'Neill?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grateful American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Question about John O'Neill? Reply with quote

On other political chat,people have said that Mr O'Neill,in 2000 attacked Senator John McCain,saying that he was'nt truthful about his war record.
Please tell me if this is true?.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill has stated that he hasn't been politically active for many years, so personally, I doubt that he made any such statement.

The leftists are trying to claim that SBVFT is the same outfit that smeared McCain in 2000 - an impossibility, since SBVFT was just formed this year.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely wrong! Ted Sampley was responsible for that action. O'Neill is on record as saying he voted for Gore!

Find his CNN "Crossfire" interview with Novak, Davis, and Carville.

You might want to let the lefties know the facts.
Grateful American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!

I CAN REMAIN A FAN OF JOHN O;NEILL
Grateful American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the information on the political forum,lets see how they respond?
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Clinton made the Same accusation Reply with quote

On the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Bill Clinton accused the SBVfT of being the same group that attacked McCain, and of orchestrating the smear campaign on Max Cleland. And the saddest thing is, many liberals seem to think the Daily Show is a real news show. Liberals are afraid of real news and facts because it is definitely not as entertaining as the Al Franken/Micheal Moore/Daily Show with Jon Stewart troika they rely on for their "true" reporting
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's new? Clinton doesn't know what "is" is. Laughing

estoy
estas
esta
estamos
estan

The conjugation of the condition of the "left"; loco!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Sampley Reply with quote

I am convinced that many people have confused Ted Sampley, and his group and website, with this Swift Boat Veterans for TRUTH. I know I had questions about this very thing, at first, and had to do some internet research to get straightened out.

People that care about this issue need to make the difference VERY clear to their family and friends. Sampley is accused of having done some very wild stuff, like punching out one of McCain's aides. This confusion is a problem.
Grateful American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

643 PM tHEY SAID IT again! ON FOX

"THIS IS THE SAME GROUP THAT ATTACKED MCCAIN IN 2000!"

AARRRRGGGGGHHHH
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it interesting how they refuse to discuss Kerry's record and instead attack O'Neill, Corsi, people that have donated to SBVT and even the woman who created their web page. Gee, are they running from something?

RELEASE THE RECORDS KERRY!!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane Hall was trotting out the Dim talking points -- the retraction by Elliott (which we know has been updated and corrected), lumping the Swifties with whatever group attacked McCain, and several other canards.

I thought it was ironic that one of the commentators was talking about the media people being too lazy to do the research, and Jane Hall proved it.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Question about John O'Neill? Reply with quote

Grateful American wrote:
On other political chat,people have said that Mr O'Neill,in 2000 attacked Senator John McCain,saying that he was'nt truthful about his war record.
Please tell me if this is true?.

Not true. It wasn't John O'Neill.

However, the PR firm John O'Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth used for their May 4, 2004 press conference was involved in the despicable smears on John McCain in the 2000 Republican Primary.

The two vets who were involved were tom burch and ted sampley.

Doug
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's absolutely an urban myth Doug. Please provide documentary evidence or delete your post. Spaeth Communications had nothing to do with Sampley and the push-polls.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sampley Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
I am convinced that many people have confused Ted Sampley, and his group and website, with this Swift Boat Veterans for TRUTH. I know I had questions about this very thing, at first, and had to do some internet research to get straightened out.

People that care about this issue need to make the difference VERY clear to their family and friends. Sampley is accused of having done some very wild stuff, like punching out one of McCain's aides. This confusion is a problem.

Sampley was trying to get help with his MIA father. Of course, he was getting the ineptness of those in charge. An aide made a smartass remark to Sampley, and TS followed him into a stairwell and broke his nose.
I was thinking it was a kerry aide though. could be wrong.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sampley Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
ArmyWife wrote:

Sampley was trying to get help with his MIA father. Of course, he was getting the ineptness of those in charge. An aide made a smartass remark to Sampley, and TS followed him into a stairwell and broke his nose.
I was thinking it was a kerry aide though. could be wrong.

Sampley doesn't have an MIA father.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: