SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alston Never Served Under Kerry (Bingo! Yachtzee!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Alston Never Served Under Kerry (Bingo! Yachtzee!) Reply with quote

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002251.php

For those of you who have not been fully following the Swift Vet's story, one of Kerry's traveling entourage (David Alston) claimed he was under Kerry's command on a PBF and found Kerry to be a great leader. He even gave a speech to that effect at the Democratic National Convention, where he said the following:

I know him from a small boat in Vietnam, where we fought and bled together, serving our country. There were six of us aboard PCF-94, a 50-foot, twin-engine craft known as a "Swift Boat." We all came from different walks of life, but all of us-including our skipper, John Kerry-volunteered for combat duty. And combat is what we got.

(Please see the above link for a blogger's information that may indicate something to the contrary. Thanks, EJ )
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see who started this discussion at the Captain's Quarters...

Smile Smile Smile Smile

And congrats to Bandit for posting his thesis! As yet not completely vetted imho. Patience! Patience! As Jay (Me#1) has asked let's cool this one here until the ducks are all in a row!

Let's let Cap'n Ed, Bandit (the author), and RiverRat Tom (your's truly) take any fire! Not Swiftvets please.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gold if Alston was indeed wounded in that fight.I saw no proof of that in the article. We must have the documented proof that this is the case.It defiantly warrants further investigation
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26 wrote:
This is gold if Alston was indeed wounded in that fight.I saw no proof of that in the article. We must have the documented proof that this is the case.It defiantly warrants further investigation

PM or email me and I'll provide documentary evidence. But, please, leave it alone around here. OK?

This could backfire big time on Switvets if wrong! So please chill out, the Cap'n and I are working the story.

Last edited by ASPB on Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is huge. We need to get this to Sean Hannity immediately.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgivenjojo wrote:
I think this is huge. We need to get this to Sean Hannity immediately.

Then do from the Cap's...not here! Yet!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm editing the first post - please go to the link provided if this topic interests you - some good heads are working on this, but as ASPB says, it has NO place here until it's nailed down tight.

We will not take the risk of attacking a vet who served honorably. No accusations until the proof is rock-solid, unimpeachable.

No further discussions on this bulletin board on this topic until further notice, please.

Thanks,
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: