SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's dog "VC" Confirms closeness of boats
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Kerry's dog "VC" Confirms closeness of boats Reply with quote

This is from cache of Humane USA
Humaneusa
Note: long URL converted to hypertext for better window framing

Humane USA Presidential 2004 Candidate Questionaire :: John Kerry

Question:
Do you have any pets that have made an impact on you personally?

Kerry:
I have always had pets in my life and there are a few that I remember very fondly. When I was serving on a swiftboat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC. We all took care of him, and he stayed with us and loved riding on the swiftboat deck. I think he provided all of us with a link to home and a few moments of peace and tranquility during a dangerous time. One day as our swiftboat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat. After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA. Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog. It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed confused, but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This story should be embraced as true.
It should be quoted every time a liberal hack says they didn't serve with Kerry or they were over a football field away.

Oh No? Well Kerry says the boats were close enough for his dog to jump over to the boat next to his. How close is that?
According to Kerry they served together.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent point. Personally, I believe this dog story is another Kerry lie. What are the odds of Kerry's crew naming the dog VC? That would be like the troops in Iraq naming a dog Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong II or something. Did everybody on Kerry's boat hate the US so much, that they named their dog after the enemy?

And what are the odds of the dog landing on another boat? Kerry is a liar, a traitor, and he cannot be trusted.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lie or not...he can't even be asked about pets without bringing up Vietnam.

I really believe he is in a time warp...or something is wrong upstairs.

One thing for sure, it would be hard for him to suffer from PTSD. He talks about Vietnam all the time , true or not. Very Happy
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a mine exploded hard under our boat

Quote:
Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him.

This wouldn’t happen to be the same incident with Rassman, would it?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I think this pooch story is a lie?
It came out of Kerry's mouth didn't it.?
If you quote it as truth, then you're believing and perpetuating another Kerry lie.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is dellusional...nuff said
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised he didnt throw in the story about him giving mouth to mouth to the hamster in there too!! That makes a much better story than his other responses about his parakeets & German Shepherd/ Golden Retriever.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys ever think about the influence of the movie, "Apocalypse Now" on Kerry's embellishments? That movie was critically acclaimed and forged a perception in American psyche that the entire enterprise in Vietnam was like this movie ("I love the smell of napalm in the morning"; the rampant drug use, fragging of officers, widespread confusion and brutal chaos..."the horror, the horror"). Well, there's a quote from Kerry in which he likens himself on his gunboat going up the Mekong River as being "just like Martin Sheen [an assassin, by the way] in Apocalypse Now"...

AND...

there is a scene in that movie which I remember very well. The guys on the boat find a puppy....it would be interesting to rent the movie and see whether it's named "VC"...anyway, at some point after the film has firmly established that the dog is part of the crew...they run into some kind of hostile action and the dog is lost overboard...The name "VC" would definitely be an anti-war choice, yes?

How many times do you think Kerry saw that movie? Maybe his grasp on reality is truly warped. People who lie gratuitously often interject colorful stuff like this, because they enjoy the picture they're painting. I think Kerry talks about Vietman so much, not because it's the centerpiece of his campaign but because it's the centerpiece of his life, his universe. And that is the irony of his timing in his bid for the presidency, that he should enter the arena when we are at war, a very difficult war, i.e. one that will require a long-term commitment, real resolve to see it through.

The words, "unfit for command" are practically an understatement.

Somebody with a copy of that movie, go check the dog's name!

Last edited by Dabba55 on Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you certainly nailed that Dabba

I picked up the dog story from a thread on FreeRep, someone was sending it to Drudge.

IF anyone finds the name of the dog in "Apocalypse Now" is actually "VC" .....send it on to Drudge!
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the dog felt safer on another boat
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

republicanveteran wrote:
Perhaps the dog felt safer on another boat

LOL!!!

You're evil, rv!!! Twisted Evil

:::wiping the tears out of my eyes and still laughing!::::
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link for the transcript for Apocalypse Now: http://www.corky.net/scripts/apocalypseNow.html

I don't think they ever named the dog in the story. But maybe I didn't search thoroughly enough through the transcript.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry:
I have always had pets in my life and there are a few that I remember very fondly. When I was serving on a swiftboat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC. We all took care of him, and he stayed with us and loved riding on the swiftboat deck. I think he provided all of us with a link to home and a few moments of peace and tranquility during a dangerous time. One day as our swiftboat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat. After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA. Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog. It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed confused, but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol.
If the mine was powerful enough to knock the crew down and catapult the dog (100 yds?), was the boat damaged? If so, a repair record may exist. If not, why not?
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any Swiftees remember a dog on any of the boats? The boats were pretty small, and operated closely together. So if one of them had a dog for any length of time, it should of been readily apparent.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a photo of Kerry holding a puppy while on a boat. No link right off the bat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: