SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP brothers!!! Unfit... SHIPPED from Amazon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: HELP brothers!!! Unfit... SHIPPED from Amazon Reply with quote

Unfit for Command Shipped from Amazon and people are recommending "instead of books" that trash Bush -- and they couldn't even have read it yet.

Please visit Amazon and recommend something GOOD (write a review too)
< http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895260174/qid=1092449463 >

If you cannot think of anything else try this (by ISBN):
Reckless Disregard: How Liberal Democrats Undercut Our Military, Endanger Our Soldiers, and Jeopardize Our Security

Thanks,
HerbM
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they sold out?
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another to recommend: Dereliction of Duty by Robert Patterson.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jucst checked the Amazon website and found that if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can review the book yourself!

I also clicked on the icon showing the cover and was able to click on how many stars I would rate it.

So--let's flood them with reviews as soon as you read the book!!
Scott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you know what DU is going to do...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckless Disregard - Robert Patterson
Dereliction of Duty - Robert Patterson
American Evita - Christopher Anderson
Unlimited Access - Gary Aldrich
Misunderestimated - Bill Sammon

All top-notch books to recommend "in addition to."

And yes, be sure to write a review when you read the book! Smile
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please INCLUDE the ISBN and or link to a book when you recommend it since that (the ISBN) is REQUIRED to offer a "recommendation".

Also be sure to go back and RATE the review --- "Was this review helpful?" -- periodically.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My review has failed to appear after 2 days despite a "one day" claim by Amazon.

You also have to wonder if any of the nea sayers have read the book -- maybe Amazon should require proof.

When you RATE a REVIEW you are also given the chance to REPORT it as inappropriate.

The one about "bees" is definitely inappropriate -- one that just screams "lies" with NO content seems inappropriate to ME.
(Remember Amazon wants to SELL BOOKS too.)
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my Copy of "Unfit for Command" an hour ago at Barnes & Noble. I looked all over the store for it and finally discovered that it is kept behind the checkout counter and requires that you ask for it. Funny, they don't seem mind keeping a hundred or more copies of Bill Clinton's "My Life" right out there prominently displayed.
I'm sure B&N corporate wants to sell as many copies as possible. But Buffalo, NY is in the heart of the liberal northeast, and Kerry country, I think this is only the antics of an individual store manager.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That MIGHT have been honest (behind the counter) as every book store I called was expecting them but had taken so many reservations that they were even ordering MORE.

(On the other hand, they might just be scum...looking at Amazon makes me wonder about them too.)
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: sold out Reply with quote

I live in Spokane WA. I've gone to B&N and walden books but they have not got it in yet. The clerk at walden told me they released it first in the east, then the mid west. He said all those stores sold out. They are waiting for their shipment. HOT HOT BOOK Very Happy Very Happy
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on the east coast in NC. Called Walden, Barnes & Nobles and Books-a-Million this morning. They don't have it and don't know when they will. What's going on?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I purchased my Copy of "Unfit for Command" an hour ago at Barnes & Noble. I looked all over the store for it and finally discovered that it is kept behind the checkout counter and requires that you ask for it.

Just gave me an idea. Grab your digital cams and let's SEE just how "Unfit For Command" is being treated in your local book store.

BuffaloJack...got the picture? Wink
Jack Lewis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP brothers!!! Unfit... SHIPPED from Amazon Reply with quote

Herb wrote:
Unfit for Command Shipped from Amazon and people are recommending "instead of books" that trash Bush -- and they couldn't even have read it yet.

Please visit Amazon and recommend something GOOD (write a review too)
< http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895260174/qid=1092449463 >

If you cannot think of anything else try this (by ISBN):
Reckless Disregard: How Liberal Democrats Undercut Our Military, Endanger Our Soldiers, and Jeopardize Our Security

Thanks,
HerbM

The "recommended" list is compiled automatically from tracking cookies of people who visit the site. Those who checked out the page for book A also checked out the pages for book B, C, D, etc. I don't think there's any intentional action on the part of Amazon.com.

Also, in order to comment on a book one must puchase a copy. I wouldn't be at all surprised that a few Libs have purchased copies specifically to repost the Kerry bilge about the book as a "review" of the book.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just gave me an idea. Grab your digital cams and let's SEE just how "Unfit For Command" is being treated in your local book store.

I just got back from looking for my copy.

Stopped at Barnes & Noble first. Entering the front door and wading through all the racks of Bush bashing, pro-Kerry and pro-Clinton books, I stopped to ask a young lady behind the counter about it. She said they didn't have it yet, but, "had tons on order." Seems they are getting a lot of requests. When they get it, I'll stop by and see how they have it displayed.

Stopped at B. Dalton Books, their anti-Bush, pro-Clinton, Pro-Kerry books aren't as prominently displayed as B&Ns were, but they didn't have it either.

Stopped in at Borders and saw one copy on the counter. I asked if they had more and the kid said there was one other copy in the store, on hold. I thought he meant both were on hold, but turns out, the one on the counter wasn't. I could swear he said both were on hold, but after his manager said something to him, the one displayed was for sale and of course, I bought it.

I asked if they were getting more and he said yes. He also said they had a hard time getting the 5" they initially received. Only 5? Seems the underestimated the public desire for this book.

Anyway, I got my copy and now look forward to reading it, as I find time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: