SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Force Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cminning
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Air Force Service Reply with quote

I do not consider myself a Viet Nam Veteran, but I do consider myself a Viet Nam Era Veteran. Through AFROTC at UC Berkeley, I received my commission in February, 1965. Upon entering AFROTC in the Fall of 1962, I was informed that I would never qualify, due to my eyesight, for duty in a combat aircrew. For me, that meant 28 years in the Air Force Systems Command.

I was in and around the planes that flew in Nam and got to know a lot of excellent airmen; Many of them never made it back. Many of those who did make it back came back with injuries that plague them to this day; They didn't receive any medals, and they never accused their fellow servicemen/women of committing unsubstantiated war crimes. They feel, as I do, that John Kerry has a lot of questions to answer. Forget the party lawyers, he should meet us face-to-face and either justify with verifiable facts his accusations while speaking for the Viet Nam Veterans Against the War or publicly apologize. If Kerry can't do at least that, he is unfit for command!

I retired from the Air Force Reserve in January, 1993. Those 28 years of service were good years.

Chuck Minning
Lt. Colonel, USAFR (ret.)
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Air Force Service Reply with quote

cminning wrote:
Through AFROTC at UC Berkeley, I received my commission in February, 1965.

Chuck,

Welcome to the forums. It looks like you got out of Berkeley just in time.

I received my AF commission in May of 64. For one of my assignments I spent 13 months in SEA with about 80 days being on the ground in-country at OLAB 315th AD TSN.

AFSC was pretty good duty - I went to Hansom AFB, Mass. when I returned to the CONUS after the SEA tour.

I went back to the Univ of Mich for grad school in 69-71 and all the VVAW stuff on campus wasn't pretty.

My year in Mass. at Hanscom Field helps me understand the state even today!

Very Happy
xcorpsman-usn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Air Force Service Reply with quote

cminning wrote:
They feel, as I do, that John Kerry has a lot of questions to answer. Forget the party lawyers, he should meet us face-to-face and either justify with verifiable facts his accusations while speaking for the Viet Nam Veterans Against the War or publicly apologize.

That will never happen. He will continue to talk through his shills Rolling Eyes kerry was an officer but he was not and is not a gentleman and is unfit to command my motorboat.

Welcome Aboard(or however the AF greets one)
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Air Force Viet Nam Veteran Reply with quote

New to the Swift Vets and want to show my support for their fight for truth and justice.

I seved as a AF Weatherman assigned to the Army, was in the Delta at Vinh Long, then Can Tho then up north to the Central Highlands at Dalat and for a short while at Ban Me Thout.

In all my travels in country, all the A team sites I visited, Army Artillery outposts and and a couple of AF Bases, I never saw, heard of or participated in any war crime.

I get sick to my stomach when I hear and see Kerry, he is a glory hound and it is unbelievable that he is running for POTUS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: