SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A message to Kerry's Swiftboat crews:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: A message to Kerry's Swiftboat crews: Reply with quote

To all who are reading and posting here, is it not possible that John Kerry's Swiftboat crews, the ones who stood with him in Boston, are now in a state of shock? Is it not possible that they, like you, did not realize how Kerry gamed the system? Is it not possible that they were sucked into something that was bigger than they realized, and now they don't know how do extricate themselves to do the honorable thing? Is it not possible that Kerry's team has intimidated them (lawyers, lawsuits, slander, ruination, public humilation...)

Is it possible they realize they're on the wrong side of things, but don't know how to get to the other side?

What would you say to them, if you knew they were reading this?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about this, too.

I ache for them, when the truth comes home. In a way, I hope it never hits them, because the suffering that can come from this kind of betrayal of trust is almost unbearable.

An ordinary human probably won't have the strength to say publicly, "I was wrong." It would take someone extraordinary to come forward in the midst of their shock and admit that they've been played for a fool.

As it is, these guys are sheltered from "the real world" to a certain extent - traveling with the campaign, surrounded with admirers, great hotels, treated like kings, and never having to deal directly with the press.

A person who was to leave the fold would be walking into the kind of firestorm that this groups' founders are now living in, only worse.

The media attention would be completely overwhelming, they'd be vilified even more vehemently than the Swifts are, they'd have every second of their lives scrutinized... who would want to subject themselves to that?

I truly feel for them - when the truth comes home, it's going to hurt - and they're going to be alone.

That'a very sad thought, to me.

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I see no need to insinuate or speculate on any intimidation. Far as I know, there isn't any. We are all free to support any we chose and support them in any legal way.

To be fair, I have to allow them the same right to support Kerry as I do the Swift Boat vets to oppose him. It's their deciscion and they have to live with their consciences.

Of course, if Kerry wins, then we all have to live with the consequences. All the more reason to support Swiftvets and get the word out, but gotten out honestly.
dfountain3928
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to think that I would say that all people make mistakes, but heros own up to their mistakes and do the honorable thing and come forward. Mistakes can be forgiven, dishonor is forever.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say this:

Consciences vs. Consequences: Talk about a Rock and a Hard Place!

The veterans that have supported John Kerry have my greatest sympathy; they are now faced with an almost insufferable dilemma.

I know, since I have never faced their choice, that I cannot understand what they are going through. I just hope sincerely that I never do.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're grown men and responsible for their decisions.

If they discover they have been gamed, one of them might not like it, and all it takes is one.

We'll see.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were to come forward, that would be the most courageous thing they ever did in their lives. And should be treated accordingly.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Lonsdale explained to the host in a radio interview how Kerry's crew could see him in a different light than the other officers did...

"' a boat crewman doesn’t have the overall picture. He knows what his commander orders him to do and so on, but he doesn’t know what the orders were and whether the commander was doing what he was supposed to do and so on""
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: