SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editorial sent to Oregon papers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recongrunt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Editorial sent to Oregon papers Reply with quote

Dear Editor:

The Swift Boat Veterans against John Kerry have raised many questions concerning John Kerry’s honesty. Kerry claimed he spent the Christmas of 1968 in Cambodia and he has stated this event was the catalyst that made him oppose the war. The truth has finally been forced out and the truth is John Kerry was never in Cambodia in 1968 as he has claimed many times.

Since Kerry has made his reported heroic actions a pivotal part of his campaign I wondered how he could expect the American people to accept the fact that in my opinion he was a traitor from the United States Navy who now calls himself a patriot from New England. I’m tired of all the side stepping of this important issue and if Kerry wants to sue me for defamation he can have my worldly goods which by his standards would be considered lowly redneck treasures.

Traitor" is a hard word, but what could be more appropriate for someone who:
1. Worked actively to undermine support for the war at home?
2. Met with the enemy while still a commissioned Naval Officer?
3. Helped to propagate anti-war sentiment that was scripted by the KGB? (as admitted by a former KGB officer)
4. Helped to foster and encourage a view of our soldiers as war-crazed marauders, little better than snarling animals?
5. Marched repeatedly under the flag of the North Vietnamese at a time when we were still engaged in combat operations against that country?

Some might say it is time to get over Vietnam. I was working on that very issue until Kerry stood up and tried to convince me he was ready to “report for duty”. What happened to his sense of duty during the war? I spent 19 months in Vietnam and most of my months were in the field and I never saw anyone kill a baby, get raped, get murdered or do drugs. Kerry spent a mere four months and during his zip trip he somehow managed to land three purple hearts, a Bronze Star, a Silver Star, witness murder, rape and drugged out killers waste babies. And then he split for America and began his campaign against his "Band of Brothers" he left behind. I found the contrast of a young marine seriously wounded in Iraq wanting to get back to his unit “as soon as possible” very stark to Kerry’s actions.

Undisputed documentation shows that Kerry came home and waged propaganda against the war in Vietnam. In 1968 there were fewer than 10,000 U. S. casualties and according to General Giap the North was on its knees after the Tet Offensive of 1968. Short of food and material the leaders of North Vietnam were getting ready to negotiate surrender.

Thanks to the inaccurate Walter Cronkite report that proclaimed success by the NVA during that 1968 offensive and the protest movement lead by Jane Fonda, John Kerry and others, the communist morale was boosted and they decided to hang on and continue the war. They only need to persevere because they knew the American protest movement would provide them the victory they could not achieve on the battlefield. Remember that during this time frame there were less than 10,000 American casualties. By the wars end that number would increase to over 58,000. In his memoirs General Giap thanked the anti-war movement. "During the Vietnam War the American people supported Vietnam. I thank the American people for that."

Most Vietnam veterans have tried to forgive and forget those cruel days when many Americans supported the enemy more than the American soldier. Why Jane Fonda and John Kerry were not tried for treason is beyond me. Freedom of speech is a sacred right but aiding the enemy has always been treason.

On Feb. 8, the Tehran Times published a letter that Mr. Kerry’s office sent to an Iranian news agency explaining why he should be elected president. The letter suggests that the Bush administration’s objectionable behavior toward other nations is to blame for many of the world’s problems. “Sadly, we are also painfully aware of how the actions and attitudes demonstrated by the U. S. government over the past three years have threatened the goodwill earned by presidents of both parties over many decades and put many of our international relationships at risk”, the Kerry letter says. (Credits Kenneth R. Timmerman Insight magazine).

This action by Kerry has enraged the students for Democracy in Iran (SMCCDI). They have written a rather long letter to the Senator and express outrage that he would cuddle and coddle with the leaders of a terrorist state. These young rebels know their country much better than Kerry. “For us, recognizing the political season in the United States, we had maintained our silence respecting the internal politics of the country. And, above all, we still believe that United States is cognizant that supporting terrorists regimes, such as the Islamic Republic, is contrary to the values of the nation and would gravely undermine her status as the champion of the democratic principles and the ideals that she stands for; the very foundation of America. And, naturally, we fail to see how a powerful nation could be safer or its national security interests better served by "engaging" and rewarding a terrorist regime!”

The letter goes on, “Once informed, obviously, we were outraged and disillusioned! Senator, by sending such a message directly to the organs and the megaphones of the dictatorial Islamic regime you have given them credibility, comfort and embraced this odious theocracy. You have encouraged and emboldened a tyrannical regime to use this as propaganda and declare "open season" on the freedom fighters in Iran. Sir, by so doing you has assaulted us directly and has insulted the honor and the dignity of the Iranian people.”

“Senator Kerry, you may very well be the next president of the United States and since your overriding concern seems to be appeasing the terrorist regime at our expense, it is evident, you will "engage" and even "collaborate" with the "Tyrants in Tehran." You may prolong our suffering and jeopardize our position. We may have to bear the brunt a while longer, but we promise this: You will not silence us! To paraphrase President Kennedy's Poet-Laureate, Robert Frost: "… We have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep…" And, Senator, as an American citizen you must know that the true power rests with the people.”

Again John Kerry is showing more sensitivity for the enemy than America. He played this game as the Vietnam War raged and his actions provided inspiration for the North Vietnamese Army. Now he wants to inspire the leaders of Iran and put the freedom fighters in great jeopardy.

We need a leader who is steadfast as we continue the fight against those who would destroy us. I cannot vote for John Kerry because he has already helped us lose one war. We cannot afford to lose this one.

Always Faithful

Wayne Standiford
Condon, Oregon
541-384-3214
work# 360-532-9059
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well written and to the point. It is very readable with the facts and
information very clear.

Thanks very much Wink
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb!!

I would only add hat he is the only (as far as I know anyway) veteran to confess to actually committing "atrocities and war crimes," not just witnessing them.

And I would send it to every paper you can get an email address for!!

Again, great job!!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

SOTG
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recon leads the way. This is a great letter. Semper Fi.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Great job!!! Reply with quote

Thanks, Wayne - out****ingstanding!

Semper Fi!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the next time you write, to get the name of the group accurately recorded. It's the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth, not the Swift Boat Vets Against John Kerry. The name is already hacked up enough without adding additional confusion.

Please don't take this as anything other than well-intended criticism, the letter is otherwise outstanding.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Genghis John Kerry = America's Kurt Waldheim Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:
I would only add hat he is the only (as far as I know anyway) veteran to confess to actually committing "atrocities and war crimes," not just witnessing them.

"I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions..."

Royalty-free leaflets
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html Genghis John Kerry burning a village
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/warcrim.html Kerry giving Hitler salute and proclaiming that he was just following orders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: