SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets to Fizzle Out After the Election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: SwiftVets to Fizzle Out After the Election Reply with quote

John Kerry and his supporters only wishes!

I believe that the SwiftVets will survive well beyond the Presidential Election - Why?

Because of the judicial deficit that John Kerry created in 1971 when he testified before Congress and labeled all Vietnam War Veterans as "War Criminals." This has been an ongoing issue for the past 33 years - and, Vietnam War Veterans has yet received a fair and equitable hearing to have this cruel, insensitive and unfounded label, once and for all, renounced and removed. For 33 years, Vietnam War Veterans have been overtalked and shouted at and denied their day in court! For our Nation to elect the likes of John Kerry as our President would be the ultimate slap in every veteran's face.

The media and Kerry supporters have cleverly constructed their counter arguments and criticisms in context of the Presidential Election - using different criteria for what testimonies are accepted - eg, "None of the SwiftVets served on Kerry's boat" - However, Kerry didn't serve on any of their boats either - yet, in 1971 Congress allowed him to not only testify on his own behalf - they also allowed him to testify of the activities of the other swiftboats in his convoy - furthermore, they also allowed him to relay the stories of others as told him by other members of the Armed Forces without requiring him to submit sworn affidavits - in fact he refused to even give Congress their names. Our sense of jurisprudence mandates that if Congress allowed the very broad and unsupported heresays of Kerry in 1971 - then, SwiftVets should be allowed to submit their testimonies today - and that with personal testimonies from each witness, sworn affidavits and copious documentation. The SwiftVets efforts confronts issues that are much broader than the Presidential Election - rather, the context of the Vietnam War Issue as it relates to John Kerry actually covers a period extending from 1971 to now.

Respectively Yours,

Bob Cooper, Veteran, USN, Attack Squadron 34, 1971-77

Tulsa, OK
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main goal is to defeat Kerry, then hope all the truth comes out then fade away. Although not a Swiftboat Vet, (actually I did sail a 36ft sailboat across the North Atlantic in the winter time, but that is another story) I did pay my dues in Vietnam.

After Kerry is defeated we need to consentrate on giving all our support to the current generation of soldiers so something like what happened to us will never happen again. After Kerry's down fall I say leave the past alone but never forget it. "Hang the Mask of Zorro in a safe place in case it is ever needed again".

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Put the dog down once and for all ... Reply with quote

I say keep things going until Kerry is down, humiliated and out of office. That dog bit veterans once, and instead of doing the same thing we would do with a real dog they let him get away with it (out of respect for any veteran). HE WILL BITE VETERANS AGAIN !!! As long as he has his one vote out of a hundred in the Senate he is dangerous.
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To FF1047,

Like I said. Always remember where we stored the Mask of Zorro and keep it handy.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he loses, he'll still be a U.S. Senator and that's unacceptable. The Swiftees will still have a lot of work on their hands to make sure this fake, phony and fraud enters obscurity.
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: SwiftVets to Fizzle Out After the Election Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:

I believe that the SwiftVets will survive well beyond the Presidential Election - Why?
The SwiftVets efforts confronts issues that are much broader than the Presidential Election - rather, the context of the Vietnam War Issue as it relates to John Kerry actually covers a period extending from 1971 to now.

Respectively Yours,

Bob Cooper, Veteran, USN, Attack Squadron 34, 1971-77

Tulsa, OK

There is the matter of Hanoi John’s sedition and treason after his unsuccessful bid for office running as a war hero. With that failure he joined the anti-war movement and led the Viet Nam "Veterans" against the War as a way to gain name recognition and fame in Massachusetts.
To the best of my knowledge there is no statute of limitations on these crimes. I would very much like to see him brought up on these charges by either a civil or (preferably) a military courts martial. He was still an officer in the US Navy when he blatantly committed these crimes.
Caleb Flerk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth "ain't no one-trick pony." There's no reason whatever they should pull a Douglas MacArthur and "just fade away" after the election.

I really think this group has become a powerful focal point for veterans of all branches in all areas of operations who served during the Vietnam era. It's giving a lot of people a chance to voice much of what they've kept inside themselves for so many years ... perhaps even a chance to reclaim some of the pride they felt in their service to this country.

Todays warriors have certainly earned and deserve the gratitude and admiration of a nation. Vietnam vets are no different.

This presidential election is a once in a lifetime opportunity to remove the stain Kerry imposed on the military and set the record straight.

What would you call two trial lawyers out of work? .... A good start !
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, after Kerry loses this election, there is so much that this group could do to essentially change the face of American politics as we know it ....... SBVT Party? I'd vote the ticket Laughing
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will continue to fight and inform until Mr. Kerry has Justice, damn the election. This is about reversing a great injustice, protecting our military and destroying the Myth that was created by Mr. Kerry and people like him for their political and ideological gain which quite frankly has never died to this day and will continue to harm and stigmatize our military for 4 more generations.

God Forbid the American people do not become intelligently informed on the facts or worse yet they vote for Kerry anyway because they don't see the relevance, I will continue to fight this till I 'm dead. The big difference is that the UCMJ will constrain officers from criticizing a President under certain circumstances- but that’s not going to happen.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: