SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOSTON GLOBE critisizes kerry!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: BOSTON GLOBE critisizes kerry!!!! Reply with quote

New op/ed in BG is starting to see the light.They still hate bush but now critisize kerry.

(Admin note: They also hate SBVFT, calling it by another name. Intentionally misleading, in light of the fact that they wrote, "Through surrogates, Bush attacked...." Like I'd expect Michael Kranish's paper to get it right? Wink )

link was restored by integritycounts below
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.

Last edited by pmc3rcc on Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remove the link by the Boston Globe. It is damaging to swiftvets as it uses lies and untruths.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit they do not like swiftvets but they say Kerry should answer all questions and do it himself.Isnt that good.We all know they hate swiftvets and attacked us with that false recant story.
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.

Last edited by pmc3rcc on Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with part of that - but let's not provide web traffic to a half-assed story from a paper that can't be bothered with getting the facts straight. Wink

Thanks,
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are in the desert and I give you a glass of water that contains poison, would you still drink it?
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgivenjojo wrote:
Please remove the link by the Boston Globe. It is damaging to swiftvets as it uses lies and untruths.

Damaging? Are you kidding? This is a major media organ from Kerry's back yard admitting that the SBVTs have created a huge issue that demands answers, and that what has been coming from Kerry & Co. are not good enough answers by half.

That newspaper is not going to say anything nice about Bush, and it is going to link SBVT to him. Ok. But for THAT PAPER to insist, in rather vehement terms, that an issue now exists that Kerry had better deal with "at his peril," is an enormous victory!

It is also a cue to other media. Really, this is good news.
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Yeah, I agree with part of that - but let's not provide web traffic to a half-assed story from a paper that can't be bothered with getting the facts straight. Wink

Thanks,

I think that is very misguided. But it is your forum.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pmc3rcc, I think it's a good story for us. To get a liberal paper like that to even spell our name right is a major victory. Don't forget the Boston Globe is owned lock stock and barrel by none other than the New York Times. (really)

It is an indicator that our story is alive and well in Kerry's home turf. These are his homies saying this stuff.

We are on a roll and we haven't even fired all of our big guns yet. Wink

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: BOSTON GLOBE critisizes kerry!!!! Reply with quote

pmc3rcc wrote:
New op/ed in BG is starting to see the light.They still hate bush but now critisize kerry.

(Admin note: They also hate SBVFT, calling it by another name. Intentionally misleading, in light of the fact that they wrote, "Through surrogates, Bush attacked...." Like I'd expect Michael Kranish's paper to get it right? Wink )

That link was deleted before I could could bookmark it, and I can make good use of it against Kerry defenders in other venues. If you would, please forward it to me by email. Thanks.
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criticism? Better read that again. Another new age hippiemama going on there. How can these people keep these jobs? This is frightening how many of these "pundits", "writers" have any influence, but they do.

There is an audience of dullards etc. who are always there, not thinking, not reading, not listening...just hearing the talking points and/or voting with their masters.
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Toy wrote:
Criticism? Better read that again. Another new age hippiemama going on there. How can these people keep these jobs? This is frightening how many of these "pundits", "writers" have any influence, but they do.

There is an audience of dullards etc. who are always there, not thinking, not reading, not listening...just hearing the talking points and/or voting with their masters.

You are missing the political significance of that editorial. It is in the Boston Globe[b]!

For that organ to be conceding that Kerry appears to be a liar who has not given sufficient answers is a breathtaking victory. You are never going to get it to say something nice about Bush or to give more than very grudging approval to the SBVTs. But its hand has been forced -- by the SBVTs and the blogosphere -- and other media will have to follow.

I did not expect to see this, and am sheerly delighted that it has happened.

pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they hate us and bush But when you hear
Quote:
"Answers like that aren't good enough. Kerry put his Vietnam service before voters as the seminal character issue of his presidential campaign. He should answer every question voters have about it -- and he should answer them himself."

You know its gonna be big.That coming from the enemy.
This gives us the ammo to blow holes in John Kerry's story.
GO SWIFTVETS.
Smells like victory Razz
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston Globe
note:replaced long URL with hypertext

The link is there for people to understand the landscape of the discussion, its important to see what is being test floated out there, and then to see if it sinks or swims.

the key section after a bunch of very biased advocay of Kerry is the conclusion of the article. That the Globe is asking for Kerry to speak directly to the question is actualy IMHO a very positive development. Don't concern yourself with shrill critics, the fall away by themselves.

Kerry's statements about Cambodia do have traction for opponents. He has referred to spending Christmas or Christmas Eve 1968 in Cambodia and coming under fire. At the time Cambodia was neutral and supposedly off-limits to US troops. "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia," Kerry said in 1986 at a Senate committee hearing on US policy toward Central America. "I remember what it was like to be shot at by the Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there, the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me."

The Kerry campaign now says Kerry's runs into Cambodia came in early 1969. "Swift boat crews regularly operated along the Cambodian border from Ha Tien on the Gulf of Thailand to the rivers of the Mekong south and west of Saigon," Michael Meehan, a Kerry adviser, said in a statement last week. "Many times he was on or near the Cambodian border and on one occasion crossed into Cambodia at the request of members of a special operations group."

Answers like that aren't good enough. Kerry put his Vietnam service before voters as the seminal character issue of his presidential campaign. He should answer every question voters have about it -- and he should answer them himself.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Can you see them scrambling now? All the phone calls, etc...
I imagine it's like turning on the lights and seeing cockroaches running for cover.

Kerry's final words... "Et tu, Boston Globe?"

On a side (but similar "coming straight from the enemy camp") note: Anyone see Bill Maher (I know, he gives me an ulcer too) actually question why Kerry is now saying something similar to "knowing what I know now, I would have been for authorizing the President to go to war in Iraq."
Bill "I know everything and am smarter than you" Maher was about to pee his pants when talking about it (with Hannity, then on his propoganda cable show).

Excuse me, Mr. Kerry, could I get some ketchup with those flip-flops?

SOTG
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Round 2 Reply with quote

Its time to call for John Oneill vs John Kerry Debate no 2
Im sure everyone wants to see this rematch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: