SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chirs Matthews distraught: Got Kerry to commit to a position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Chirs Matthews distraught: Got Kerry to commit to a position Reply with quote

This one is amazing...click the link watch the video, can anyone not think Kerry is saying Yes to Matthews very detailed question. You have to see Chris Matthews on the video clip he is panicking. Just read the question and answer in the transcript. Does he think every view is so stupid they can not understand plain English?

Chris Matthews is a Democratic operative (not debate, just his resume) and he is frankly shocked of his own mistake of questioning his Candidate and putting him into a position. Of course at the time...Dean was indeed kicking Kerry's butt, and Kerry had fired his past campaign manager and was in the process of "reinvention" of his Candidacy.

Recall why Matthews had to get Kerry to commit at the time, because Matthews and team felt that "if" Kerry would stand against the war he could claim Dean voters. Matthews did not ask that question to Kerry for no reason...he asked it because that was what Kerry needed to say to win the Nomination.

Lastly look at the topic title of his own article.. "But was the way the Video used fair?" HE HAS TO ASK A QUESTION.....Why is that?

BECAUSE Chris Matthews can not declare it to be unfair, unless he wants to say, what I was thinking I wanted Kerry to say is not how the words went.

Matthews = Meltdown

=================================

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5727982/

'Hardball' in a political ad
But was the way the video was used fair?

Updated: 11:08 a.m. ET Aug. 17, 2004Chris Matthews wants to set the record straight about a sound bite from a Hardball interview with John Kerry that aired on January 6, 2004.

The sound bite was used in an RNC web-video recently to claim that Kerry had 'flip-flopped' on his Iraq war position and that he that he declared himself as the "anti-war" candidate.

In addition, President Bush seemed to make reference to this Hardball bite when he claimed in Sioux City on Saturday that John Kerry "declare[d] himself the anti-war candidate."

Chris felt the interview back in January with Kerry was taken out of context. (Click here for the full RNC video which used the bite.)

Below is the FULL exchange between Chris Matthews and John Kerry:

MATTHEWS: Do you think you belong in that category of candidates who more or less are unhappy with this war? The way it‘s been fought? Along with General Clark, along with Howard Dean, and not necessarily in companionship politically on the issue of the war with people like Lieberman, Edwards and Gephardt? Are you one of the anti-war candidates?

KERRY: I am. Yes. In the sense that I don‘t believe the president took to us war as he should have, yes. Absolutely. Do I think this president violated his promises to America? Yes, I do, Chris. Was there a way to hold Saddam Hussein accountable? You bet there was and we should have done it right.

This is what the RNC-related web video used:

MATTHEWS: Are you one of the anti-war candidates?

KERRY: I am. Yes.

On last night’s Hardball, he asked Bush-Cheney '04 Sr. Strategist Matthew Dowd and Sr. Advisor to the Kerry-Edwards campaign Tad Devine on whether or not the way the interview was used is fair.

“The impression John Kerry was trying to leave when he was up against Howard Dean in the primary was he was the anti-war candidate after he voted for the resolution,” Matthew Dowd said. “You asked John Kerry a yes or no question. And he said ‘yes, absolutely.’”

“I want to be perfectly fair here,” Chris Matthews told Dowd. “Eight million supporters of the president received a videotape. Do you think that was a fair cropping of what he had to say? You cut him off after he said, yes. And you did not let him continue on to say, ‘in the sense that I don‘t believe the president took to us war as he should have.’”

Matthews went further and asked Dowd to ask the president to stop claiming that Kerry “declared himself the anti-war candidate.” “Is the president going to keep saying that something that was said on this show wasn‘t said? Would you like to have your sentences cut down like to a third of their length and let people decide on the first three or four words what you meant by the 20 words? I think you guys should consider taking this off your loop. I think the president ought to be shown this tape so he knows what he‘s talking about, instead of having it fed to him by somebody who doesn‘t show them full sentence.”
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeopardy answer for Matthews:

What is "anti-war" candidate.

Matthews thinks the edit is unfair but fails to ask why it is relevant in the first place. If a candidate is anti-war, what does it matter as to how President Bush conducted the war? ANY conduct would be deemed illegitimate by an "anti-war" candidate, no? Kerry's nuance is presupposed and adds nothing to his affirmation of being an anti-war candidate. Matthews has shown a lack of professionalism dating back to his barrage on Ralph Nader.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is funny is that that is what the DNC does to the President all the "F"ing time. That fat SOB Moore is a master at that yet they do not complain about him or MoveON.org. What a bunch of Hypocrites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: