SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Camp gathering signatures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Kerry Camp gathering signatures Reply with quote

Against Swifties and the Ad. Can we do the same thing?
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can they do with them? Freedom of speech isnt against the law. They cant stop the SBVFT. Neither can Bush. It would be political suicide if Bush tried. The libs are trying to use the SBVFT against Bush know he cant stop this. Am I wrong on this?

Curt
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh.... I'd say the Swifts are already gathering signatures.

On checks. Wink

Wait'll the next ad hits.

We get to go through the whole suppression/ threats/ free news coverage /troll attacks on the site cycle, again.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:))))) tee hee...

I'm ready:)

I will go find signature thing and see what they are up to:) The way I figure it is, they will go to the media and say we have XX signatures saying blah blah blah........
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When "Not In Our Name" ran a petition drive, folks put the most hilarious names on there. It was so funny that Taranto of opinionjournal (WSJ)online ran excerpts. That's what I'd suggest. Have fun with it. I bet Saddam would like to sign that petition....Osama too. Wink
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found anything yet, but based on Moveon's new ad I suspect it is to petition President Bush to make the Swifties take the Ad off the air.

Yep you are right, we could have some real fun with this:))) LOL
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: PETITION FOR JOHN KERRY Reply with quote

Osama Ben Laden

Saddam Hussein

French President

German President

Canadian President

Bill Clinton

Ho Chi Min

Chinese President

Fidel Castro

Arafat

Dead Terrorists

Flying Dog, VC......kerry promised he would one day pee on the BUSHes
Ruffcutt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the best news of the week. The past couple of days I've been noticing a huge lapse in coverage regarding the Swift Boat Veterans. It seems the Democrats have been content with only distributing misinformation and lies pertaining to the credibility of the SBVFT group. A rekindled interest in shutting them down will only spawn more questions for both sides, and that will be a good thing as the public reads the book and hears more details of JK's twisted recollection of events.

I predict that the only way to put the issue to rest in the minds of the media and the public will be to finally scrutinize both sides and see where the chips fall. John O'Neill has already proven himself to be an incredibly formidable opponent with this topic. The Kerry Camp's insistence with trying to stifle the SBVFT will only force them to try their hand at explaining their version of events, and somehow I don't think that they will hold up as well as Mr. O'Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans do.

As far as I'm concerned I think the SBVFT should invite JK or a delegate from the party to publicly debate the issue.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I thought was interesting on that petition site... The (ahem) "petition" is addressed to George W. Bush... and right next to it is an advertisement for a Bush-bash-book called "Deserter"!!!

Doing what they don't want others to do?... expected.
Doing it on the same site as your petition page?... priceless.

Added a few names of my own to help them out. Laughing

SOTG
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Oregon, some Union lawyer went after people who signed petitions to get Ralph Nader on the ballot there. They were sent threatening letters saying they were going to be investigated for fraudulent signatures, and some letters were even hand delivered to the peoples homes.

A lawyer who supported Nader found out and he is going to show the letters to a Civil rights outfit. He said the Civil rights people had an office in Seattle.

No one can stop someone else from participating in the democratic process, such as starting a ballot measure or free speech.

The Swiftees need to consult a civil rights outfit if this does happen. The left can't stop their right to free speech, especially after that 9/11 movie!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freefall,

It'll never happen. While stations can refuse to run it, no one can "pull" the ad except for SwiftVets, and they have way too much support and momentum now. Thank God, and God Bless the SwiftVets for defending us once again.

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: