SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNFIT FOR COMMAND Book Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: UNFIT FOR COMMAND Book Review Reply with quote

I posted this as a "topic" header, hoping for some organization here.

Two or more of you in this forum seem to be literate Razz ... I'm eagerly awaiting review comments.

My copy arrived today.
I've already read it.

I've never seen a "hit" piece backed up with concrete, cross-referenced and searchable facts like this book.

Most every chapter has "if this happened, then this must be true", "if that happened then this must be true" logic ... logic that no matter which way things happened, Kerry's version must be at best highly exaggerated, or at worst totally false, on most accounts.

If "the press" takes 1% of the time to ask Kerry the questions that they've asked Bush, my son's (CPL, USMC) assesment would be correct by Friday: Kerry would be toast.

I was unaware that Kerry will not authorize reprints of The New Soldier. It sounds like that would be more informative than how his service records read.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The New Soldier" is a compendium of many people's comments about the war and the demonstrations in Wash. DC

It's a pitiful little volume, actually.

I suspect that the reason he won't allow it to be re-printed is that many of the people quoted in the book were proven frauds - never were in Vietnam, or in the operations they claimed to be in, sometimes not ever in the military.

That and the disgraceful cover. Mad
jack173319
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi's book "UNFIT For Command" and find myself shocked. The book's 60+ specific and damning eye witness allegations are absolutely devastating in the indictment of Kerry and the "war hero" persona he has sold for years to get elected. As a Nam Vet I'm outraged and disgusted that a fellow officer could lie and falsify reports to get undeserved medals and an early release from combat then run for office on a resume of lies for 30 years. Unfortunately I find it impossible to believe so many officers and men would lie or embellish with so much to lose and so little gain if caught in a lie.... If you care about this country you owe it to yourself to read this book and to judge for yourself. If the 250+ officers and men of Coastal Squadron 1 who stand behind it as the truth of their experience in Vietnam and of Lt John Kerry are lying it has to be the most amazing conspiracy of all time. Kerry should authorize the government's release of his files immediately to disprove them if he can. The allegations are far to serious an integrity issue to be left unchallenged. If they are NOT disproven then John Kerry should be stripped of his medals and his Senate seat by congress and sent packing in disgrace for what he clearly has to have perpetrated through fraud to obtain them. Election of this man as commander in chief of armed forces that simply will not willingly serve under him is simply beyond contemplation if any part of what is alleged in "Unfit for command" is true. Ltc John G Stapler USA (Ret) RVN 70-1 173 Abn Bde , Concord, NH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: