SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Times breaks story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: LA Times breaks story Reply with quote

A pal just emailed me that Brit Hume announced that tomorrow's edition will have a front page story about the Swift vets charges, but denying that it is going to be much of a story. Cool
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona,

I smell a setup. Look at what the LA Times (or should I say LA SLIME) tried to do with Arnold Schwarzennaeger (sp?). I don't trust their editors at all.

Truth is Beauty
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the story that was actually posted on the Minneapolis Star Tribune's web site. It's not exactly a win for the Swifties, in my opinion....

But I'm guessing it's going to be very, very typical of how the national media handles this topic.

It concerns me since it so clearly takes a low key approach to the topic - which in the long run will convey the message to the uninitiated - "hey, we looked into this issue...there's a few discrepancies out there...nothing to get your hair in a knot...others out there have done worse in their lives...etc, etc.

MJB

http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/4933842.html
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: We've Been Had!! Reply with quote

MJB and Everyone,

If anyone can wake up the Swift Boat Vets, you need to do it. Seriously. This is absolutely devestating. Basically what this amounts to is a whitewash. The MSM will say, "See we investigated and there is little to these allegations except a few errors in recollection."

This article must be bebunked by the AM as the paper hits the presses and it must be debunked by Kerry's shipmates themselves.

This is just IMHO but I think it is serious enough to raise the alert.

Truth is Beauty
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows their desperation. At least they are forced to lie. When the new add comes out they will look foolish. Kerry needs to resign (OK, now)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: