SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cowboys and Indians, and praise from my family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stiltner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Cowboys and Indians, and praise from my family Reply with quote

I've listened to the arguement on the facts on both sides of the fence. The way I figured it best to show my support for the statements I found as being most factual, and honest, was to donate to the cause that I supported, and the viewpoint that I viewed as being most accurate. Sadly I only had $10 to give Embarassed

If I had more, I'd give it without a question.

Here's the brunt of my statements. For everyone that is represented on this site, that represents the SBV4T (Don't we all love Acronyms). I would like to show my loving, respectful and heartful thanks to each and every one of you for your service, or the service of your husbands, wives, fathers, sons, daughters, cousins, etc.

I'm young (28 years old), so I was not around for Vietnam. I cannot say I can personally attest to the feelings and the horrors you and your families went through. But the thing I do know is your service should be commended, respected, and forever remembered. I will say despite his stretching the truth, I respect Mr. Kerry for his service, its his depiction of that service I do not respect.

For the efforts you, and those like you put forth, giving your essence, your life, and your time to keep my family safe, allows me to be safe today, and raise my children the way they should be raised in a country that has a Commander in Chief that is strong, straight forward, honest, and most of all understanding, of the situation we face today with our country under constant awareness of the dangers that lay in waiting.

God bless you all, my children are being raised to respect our military, appreciate their service without reservation upon the consequences of their actions as necessary to protect our safety, and foremost love and respect the people that die for this country to keep the civilians of this country safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: