SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I miss something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangebrue
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Did I miss something? Reply with quote

Why does John McCain defend Kerry so much?

Why would a former POW of a brutal enemy force of the United States care about defending a man who spit in the eye of his fellow comrades?

Why would a man who when I was in school I read about in a book by another POW of the Vietnamese (Book : the Hanoi Hilton) want to defend him?

Though he hasnt come right out and said the allegations are false I didnt like what Senator McCain said about the ad Swift boat run on many outlets, how he said it was dishonorable.

I dont think it is Dishonorable for Honorable Men to have a different opinion of a set of events. In fact Senator kerry has been less than honorable in front of the Senate when he told tales of murder and rape and free fire zones that in fact he later recanted because he himself had never seen them.

Now I would never throw these words to John McCain because I am not worthy to question such a man, but many Swift Boat Vet supporters can and are worthy to question his defense of John Kerry.

Now some people would say the price of our freedom of speech is paid for so there is no dishonor in speaking one's mind. To me there is a great dishonor in calling some of this nations greatest heroes dishonorable or lackeys of a certain affilation or party.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been touched on in some earlier threads.

I suspect that McCain came out early and hard against the SwiftVet ads because he mistook them for another group.

There is a guy named Ted Sampley who has a website called Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry. Ted got angry with MCain's position on diplomatic relations with Vietnam several years ago, and he supposedly accused McCain of being a brain-washed Manchurian candidate and then punched out one of McCain's aides. There is also a rumor that some PR or ad firm that worked on the SwiftVets ad also worked on some nasty ads against McCain when he ran for President.

It's well documented that McCain was angry with John Kerry for a long time after he returned from Vietnam, and that they had a long talk and made up on a plane trip since then. Maybe McCain needed Kerry's vote on certain pieces of legislation.

Maybe he really believes that Vietnam should be left in the past and that this detracts from more current issues that he's more interested in.

Nobody can get into McCain's head, but it is disappointing that he didn't reserve comment until more of the facts came out.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in fact he later recanted because he himself had never seen them.

When did he recant? I'm not aware that he did. All I've seen is a lame comment to the effect that he wished he'd used other language, that's not recanting, that's dodging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: