SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Soldier book ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: The New Soldier book ... Reply with quote

we should beat Kerry over the head with this too ...

http://thenewsoldierbook.com/
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Own Words Reply with quote

Absolutely. I just finished reading a good portion of it, and I am appauled how little of this is being exposed in the Media. It is so clear that Kerry is unfit for CinC, because his "New Soldier" claptrap is such nonsense.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while you're beating, be sure to drive home the fact that these people were not all Vietnam vets, were not all even VETS.

Some were proven frauds and posers.
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: What Kerry Means Reply with quote

After reading John Forbes Kerry's contribution to The New Soldier, including much of his Senate testimony and the Epilog, I found myself thinking about this concept. According to Kerry, "unlike veterans of other wars and some of this one, the New Soldier does not accept the old myths." I was thinking about this, and decided I had to understand what these "old myths" that Kerry talks about are.

He writes that the "greater glory of the United States" is unacceptable "rhetoric." Now, he wants us to elect him President, I suppose, for the deeper humiliation of the United States. He writes, "We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars... we will demand relevancy." Now, he expects a warm reception from the VFW and does not receive it, perhaps lacking relevancy in their minds. He writes, "We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese." Does he now visit The Wall in Washington, pretending to mourn the heroes who fell in Viet Nam? He writes, "We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim." Was he celebrating Memorial Day this last May?

Kerry writes, "It is from these things the New Soldier is asking America to turn." So, venerable organizations like the AL and VFW, poignant monuments to fallen loved ones like The Wall, and holidays that honor our beloved dead like Memorial Day are, according to Kerry:
- "false glory"
- "hollow victory"
- "fabricated foreign threats"
- "fear"
- "shallow pride"
- "deceiving ... promises."

Kerry took his stand (together with Ted Kennedy) against, not merely our participation in Viet Nam, but against all war. He believes that war is attrocious, all of it. We should never be involved in war, unless everybody agrees that we should all go to war. Kerry writes, "I will not go [to war] unless the people of this country decide for themselves that we must all of us go." So, it isn't right that soldiers should receive their orders, understand them correctly, and carry them out to the best of their ability. They should question their orders, argue against them, and only obey when every person in the country has been polled and agrees that it should be so.

The New Soldier, in fine, should not be sworn to obey all lawful commands, but should act as a saboteur, questioning every command, and refusing any order that isn't approved by the proletariat. He should be, in short, a Communist.

See:
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/staticpages/index.php?page=20040216192626170
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: