SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'reilly this and that...geez Listen to Brit and Hannity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: O'reilly this and that...geez Listen to Brit and Hannity Reply with quote

O'reilly this and that...geez Listen to Brit and Hannity. O'reilly is trying to be fair...in his own mind....he covers stories all the time....he will be covering more still.

But its like people want to see O'reilly say something to validate the Swift Vet story.

The Validation is the Truth.....Let me say that again .... The Truth of what the Swift Vets are saying...IS the Validation. We don't need any other stinking badges.... Badges? Badges?

Hannity is following the story very hard...and frankly its a better forum for discussion...because it always has both sides.

Hume is covering ongoing developments...he is a good news man. Donaldson trained him well. (Donaldson one of the greatest pure journalists IMHO)

The coverage is here now, people are covering the story.

The next part of all this is to get Kerry to respond. To answer. To come clean.

O'reilly will admit to his mistakes....and when he does and swings over to see the Truth he will hammer it.

Just ACCEPT that O'reilly will not be the LEAD on this story.

What is Hannity? Chopped liver? He broke the story if you recall. He was the first TV journalist to cover it. And it was the same day Drudge did.

Perhaps its as simple as that....perhaps O'reilly is just giving Hannity some space.

Does all that make sense? There I feel better now..... Have a nice day
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But its like people want to see O'reilly say something to validate the Swift Vet story.

Since he obviously has not researched the subject, he should just keep his mouth shut! Unfortunately, he does not.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are disappointed that his "No Spin" and "Looking out for You" personas have disappeared.

People used to think that they could trust him and he's betrayed a lot of trust, dismissing 254 honorable Swifts without even a fair hearing, which he insists is necessary for all sides of any argument.

OTOH, you are correct - Hannity and Limbaugh have covered it from the time it broke. The rest of conservative talk radio, bloggers and internet news sources have stayed with it and found ever-mounting piles of evidence that has the effect of landing like an avalanche on Kerry's house of cards.

We need to get over O'Reilly, true. But, I really can't fault people for feeling that their trust in him as "fair and balanced" was misplaced.

JM2¢ Wink
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: TO MANY MIA'S Reply with quote

O/real/y , on vacation
Ted Coppels, on vacation
Tim Russert, on vacation
Drudge slowed and is dead in the water on this

the truth on vacation

Now Rush is 24/7 on Kerrys speech to VFW, we all knew would be
a lie and bs.

not one word today about the U. S. News and World Report
May, 8, 2000 article by Kevin Whitelaw, where "THE NAKED
PRINCE" space cadet hero,Kerry says

I made my first forays into Cambodia during the Vietnam War as a
Navy Lt. on "clandestine missions to deliver wepons to anticommunist
forces.

are they afraid that the american people
will revolt, when we find out , they feed us
lies, lies,lies, and when we get onto it
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O Reilly is jsut another product of the late 60's. When "losing was winning".
Two master's degrees with the philosophy instilled that Vietnam was wrong and everyone committed atrocities.

Nearly all out professors and educators, especially in management are cut of the same cloth.
The truth is out there, but they will never look for it. Why should they, htey are the "authorities".
Their degrees are based on the lies of their philosophy

kerry, the VVAW lies, Panthers, and communists that contributed to this state of affairs are the keystone, that their philosophies are built on. They aren't about to risk undermining the foundations of philosophy, and power.

It's about much more than Kerry to me. I remember full well what he did, and how it changed America.
My lottery number was 364, i didn't volunteer, and i owe these guys.
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly has a huge audience, and some sort of validation from him would be important. But I've sensed a change in him over the past few months.
The MM interview was a joke, and the Gardner interview was a sham. I haven't watched since, except once to catch John Gibson filling in.
Now that Brit and others at FOX are running with it fairly Bill has lost his window of opportunity.
BTW, I haven't caught Dennis Miller in the last week, but I'd love to see him do a commentary on the Christmas in Cambodia thing!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.V. watching around my house was geared towards 8:00 pm and BOR on Fox. No longer. Sean, Tony Snow, Scarbourough, Gibson and especially Brit are the new leaders. BOR is dismissive of swifties and a ranter of no concern. Dump him Fox.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never could understand why that Moore Interview was such a big deal. Bill did not score a single point that I could see. In fact, it was pathetic. Let me at him I will tear him to ribbons in 1 min flat.....with both hands tied behind my back:)
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to report but Keith Olberman ain't the man...

What's even worse is Joe Scarbourough...tonight I think he got kerry's "sensitive" disease. He's going soft.
agorante
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I too identify with O'Reilly. Like him I am a 6'4" Irishman. But you shouldn't expect too much from him. He has his moments but he also makes mistakes. He is not a universal pundit but merely a charismatic enunciator of what should be obivious political positions.

For decades the broadcast media was oppressed by the "Fairness Doctrine" that made liberal bias law of the land. When that ended a number of new pesonalities rose to prominance. O'Reilly was one of these.

He is like the girl you dated "on the rebound" after your heart was broken in high school. He seems admirable only because you have been used to so much worse. He is a limited man.
________
BMW M60 HISTORY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: