SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$$$$$$$$$
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpookGroup_Stache
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

As someone who has made a couple minor donations (the equivalent of two beers) to the Swift Boat Vets For Truth I am personally upset and offended when I hear the comments that the Swift Vets are just a small group of wealthy Republican Bush Supporters out of Texas. I am from New York, I am not a Bush Supporter ( www.peroutka2004.com ), but I AM a Kerry Hater, and I want the commercial on the air in every swing state 24 x 7 till the day after election day. I hereby give permission to the Swift Vets For Truth to post publically my name and donation amount $$ for all the world to see. Perhaps when the world sees a list, longer than Howard Deans of all the $2 to $20 to $200 donors they will see who the real Swift Boat Vets For Truth are. My Swift Boats were Fast Attack Submarines.
US Naval Security Group
www.SpookGroup.org
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well -- I gave the Swift Vets $50. Everytime I hear that they are funded by a Republican bigwig Republican --- makes me feel important -- then I am crused when they mention Texas and I realize that they aren't talking about me.

$100,000 donation --- umm that means the the Swift Vets have sold out their character, integrity, privacy for $500 each? Only someone who has not served in the military could be "bought" that cheaply --- Confused where is logic? where is reason?
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: I think so too. Reply with quote

Somebody really ought to point this out to the media.

Like they would do the math.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like they can actually do math Laughing
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am offended by it !

I have been a registered Independent as of the day I turned 18 which by the way was exactly 19 years ago today ( i'm 37 shhhhhhhhhh Cool don't tell anyone ). I have donated $25 Twice !! AND I'll do it again I SWEAR!! I will take out my credit card and shake it at the Democratic party yelling "I know how to use this... Don't MAKE me use this !!!)

I have always looked at both sides of the issues and voted for the person I thought was right for the job at the time.

One of my best friends called me last night in tears telling me how embarassed she is to be a registered Democrat right now. I hope they see what they have done to the people in there own party this election they should really be ashamed of themselves.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm offended as well! I'm a registered Democrat, who's always voted straight ticket, ever since I was old enough (including Gore Shocked Shocked Shocked ), who contributed $25. Notice, that I'm not going to think about changing my party affilitation till well after the election - I want to wait and see if the Democrats pull themselves back together before I give it a really serious thought.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a Republican and a supporter of President Bush and proud of being both, and I won't apologize for contributing to the SwiftVets.

When George Soros and Michael Moore, and moveon and other communist front groups, including the current Democratic (sic) party, apologize for being agents of national destruction, then perhaps I'll consider doing so.
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dang!

I bought the book, and donated $10 bucks. And here I am ... a MILLIONAIRE!!!

Who'da thunk it Wink
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I baught 2 books and will buy more when I find them. I ordered 1 from Amazon almost 3 weeks ago and they still haven't emailed me regarding shipment yet Mad
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep making donations and ask friends and family members to donate also.

After the next 527 filing, the media will notice 20,000 donors.
Moderate
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: $$$$$$$$$ Reply with quote

I'm also a registered Independent, and I feel queasy about Kerry, too, but I honestly feel that way about most politicians these days. The question I have for the group is, and I believe SOLDIER asked something exactly like this earlier, if you're against Kerry in this Forum, does that then mean you're pro-Bush?

IIRC, the reply was an artful dodge along the lines of: "Some of us are, some of us aren't, but we're all against Kerry and his lies, etc." My question today is: "Are you largely funded by the Republican party or aren't you?" If so, I think you should be more open and honest about it.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm self employed and struggling but I found $25 to contribute.

Now I have a new goal.... To become a millionaire and live up to
the wealthy contributor accusation.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised We are people who have lives and families and children and grandchildren we want to retain their freedom and we are willing to open our wallets and our mouths to do so . If you need my name it s Janine Manley I am a house wife who helps my Husband with his Environmental Business. My husband just recently registered to vote for the 1st time ever he is 42 years old and he will be voting for Bush and Proudly I might add His name is John Manley anything else you want to know?
SpookGroup_Stache
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jataylor11"] Everytime I hear that they are funded by a Republican bigwig Republican --- makes me feel important -- [quote="jataylor11"]

Thanks jataylor11!!

I feel so much better about myself now that I realize I am in the same "Country Club" as the other Wealthy Republicans
US Naval Security Group
www.SpookGroup.org

Last edited by SpookGroup_Stache on Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked So i guess i'll be getting a bunch hate mail now huh? Cuz i'm a regular person and all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: