SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local rag of a newspaper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rittar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Local rag of a newspaper Reply with quote

A national hero

Republican Sen. John McCain specifically repudiated the smear campaign being waged against John Kerry’s service record, and called on President Bush to do the same.

The members of the so-called “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” neither served on Kerry’s boat nor have any evidence to substantiate their allegations.

Kerry, on the other hand, has a squad of direct subordinates (some of whom claim to owe their life to him) who have volunteered to tell of his heroism under fire. And, of course, he has the Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

Regardless of what you think of him as a presidential candidate, the fact remains that John Kerry is a national hero, and The Eagle dishonors him and all veterans by publishing letters that are full of politically motivated slander.

Lt. Col. (ret.) JOE NORTHROP
College Station

The above letter appeared on Aug. 11, 2004 in our local rag.

My response:

No war hero

There is no “so-called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” (Eagle, Aug. 11). It is Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, no so-called, not supposedly. It is a group of veterans.

Steven Gardener did serve on Sen. Kerry’s boat. If Joe Northrup had bothered to research, there are plenty of facts to substantiate the group’s allegations. How about Kerry’s claims of being in Cambodia in 1968, or his testimony before a Senate committee in which he claimed to have committed war crimes or his meeting in Paris with the leaders of the communist party leaders?

I do not know where Northrup was in 1971 when I joined the Army, but I remember leaving Fort Sam Houston in uniform and being spat upon and called a war criminal and a baby killer. Sen. Kerry’s statement before a Senate committee, along with Jane Fonda, only reinforced this behavior.

John Kerry is no war hero. He tossed his medals away.

<<deleted by me>>
College Station

Of course the local rag choose to edit my signature block. It should of have included CW3, USA, 1971-1994. I guess they only include your military service if you are pro-Kerry.

Rittar

<edit: corrected type>
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Warrant!

Good rebuttal! Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: