SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardball: Michelle Malkin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have to say that Chris Matthews had a point. He did not bring up the 'plan' - Larry Thurlow did. Once Thurlow brought it up, Matthews went after it.

The real problem here is that most of the Swiftvets do not have John O'Neill's background. They are amateurs going up against very good professionals like Matthews. Larry Thurlow made some crucial mistakes in that interview. The main one was veering away from the facts and talking about his personal beliefs about Kerry's master plan. Once he did, he was vulnerable to cross examination. John O'Neill would have never made that mistake.

I think O'Neill needs to sit his Swiftvets down and give them some lessons in how to present their arguments to the media. If they keep going out unprepared and speaking as average people with an opinion, guys like Matthews are going to turn them inside out, get them confused, get them saying contradictory things, then the media will have their hook to hang the Swiftvets on.

They need to stick to the facts. They should never talk about anything other than what they witnessed and what they are willing to swear to in an affidavit. Talk about Kerry's 'plan' should never have come up. It's hearsay and speculation.

Agree completely! But, I also think in the end the non-polished swift vets such as Thurlow will resonate with fly over country.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure are giving ol' Max a bunch of airtime on Hardball...

And Mathews last remark "The Bush people didn't want to come up against the people on today's show."
Translates to: "Oh crap, can't defend so let's let Max drone on and on with his nonesense."

SOTG
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preface: I like Michelle Malkin and Mathews was a creep

Michelle did an AWFUL job by not knowing the facts -- Mathews is right that no one has seriously suggested Kerry PURPOSELY self-inflicted his wounds -- but it is clear that he NEGLIGENT self-inflicted at least two of them.

Chris DREW her into this trap as he forced Thurlow into the the "should Bush attack Kerry" and then "what earned him that right?".

BUT, both Michelle and Thurlow performed very poorly by not being properly prepared to STICK TO THE FACTS -- no supposition, just facts and testimony.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEP I love Maulkin but how in the hell can she not know what self-inflicted means. Grrr sometimes the erudites are too smart to understand the simple. Someone needs to let her know that yes self-inflicted can be causing a injury on purpose to yourself or in Kerrys case firing a grenade and having some shrapnel hit your arm by accident. Both are self-inflicted, but she made it seem the former was what kerry did rather then the latter. She made it appear self-inflicted could have only one meaning and the wrong one at that.

Last edited by GenrXr on Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
iggit,

I disagree. It is hard to get everything right when Matthews is bullying you, but he was clearly being a bully and a cross examiner, and just as that didn't go off well vs O'Neill, I don't think it worked tonight either.

The key point is this: She got Matthews MAD at her for asking a reasonable question. She got him to lose his temper on the air...and THAT is what people will remember. Bank on it.

You know I shoulda stayed for the rest of it, but I was so disgusted when that mental midget mayor fellow started in that I turned it off. Now I'm wishing I would have stayed. If only to see Matthews lose his temper. Doggone it. Well... though... you have to admit I was right up until I left.

Matthews is the kind of person who intimidates through speed. Many lawyers like that and negotiators. I noticed Michelle laboring with the speed of his fired up prodding and as she looked away from him he knew he had her. That is when I decided it was a lost cause. Ok. Perhaps they came back to her and she had regained her structure? I hope so.

The only way to handle a person like Matthews is the secret that O'Neill uses in every interview I have seen him in. Slowly establish the gate of the conversation. Make the interviewer follow your speed of delivery. A fast talker like Matthews is thrown off timing when that happens and they stumble all over themselves everytime.

For the other SwiftVets: just go slow. Don't let emotions from the interviewer cause you to change your slow pace. It drive drive them off topic and even an amateur will win the debate with logic the speed talker cannot comprehend as the timing is where his intellect comes from.

Sorry for typing so long.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read your comments rather than watch Hardball. Chris Matthews wants a job as a John Kerry speechwriter, and has run a 60-minute infomercial for the Democrats since 2002 in hopes he can help his boy. I quit watching about this time and about the time he declared Afghanistan another Vietnam, which showed he understood neither.

There is absolutely NO reason any SBVT, Republican, or even moderate Independent or Democrat should appear on the same set with this stupid, bloviating Kerry sycophant.
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is so bad for the Bush Campaign that the Kerry Campaign wants it all swept under the rug. Make sense? No, of course not!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews screamed at Thurlow yelling that Thurlow had no hard proof that Kerry had a plan to be a hero.

Then he spent the rest of the show accusing Bush of controlling the SwftVet ad without a shred of proof.

Matthews stutters when he is really angry.

Why didn't Matthews ask wWhy Kerry didn't stop Moveon.org from making Bush into Hitler?

How about asking Kerry to call of Michael Moore?

see how Matthews twists things when it isn't going the way he wants?

Id' share with you all the many emails I sent but I'd get booted for posting vulgarity.

It wasn't ptretty.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
EEEEEP I love Maulkin but how in the hell can she not know what self-inflicted means. Grrr sometimes the erudites are too smart to understand the simple. Someone needs to let her know that yes self-inflicted can be causing a injury on purpose to yourself or in Kerrys case firing a grenade and having some shrapnel hit your arm by accident. Both are self-inflicted, but she made it seem the former was what kerry did rather then the latter. She made it appear self-inflicted could have only one meaning and the wrong one at that.

Me too: She needs to learn three phrases:

1) Self-inflicted due to his OWN NEGLIGENCE

2) Splashback from an M-79 grenade HE FIRED

3) RICE in his own BUTT when he almost blew up Rassman EARLIER in the day

Moving the RICE WOUND to the "river" incident is MUCH strong evidence against Kerry than any argument over whether he was brave in saving Rassman or just doing his job before Chenowith could do it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get on top of this particular concept very fast - Olberman just repeated the claim that if the Bush campaign is going to accuse John Kerry of shooting himself......

Self-inflicted wound DOES NOT EQUAL intentionally shooting oneself.

bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is absolutely NO reason any SBVT, Republican, or even moderate Independent or Democrat should appear on the same set with this stupid, bloviating Kerry sycophant"

I agree with Jack on this one. It is impossible to convey any meaningful thoughts to this psychopath, he won't just wont' let you. While it is important to get the truth out, it is also important to realize that these Matthews is among the hardcore leftists who will take any slip of the tongue, any tiny inconsistency, and will try to bury you with it. John O'Neill can handle that nutcase because he has much experiences with public debates and he can immediately sense any pending traps. But the silver lining is that the vast majority of people will walk away with the conclusion that Matthews is just a nutcase.
Beldar
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the show.

But don't give too little credit to the American public. Lincoln was absolutely right -- Matthews and the other Kerry proxies can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people (or even a majority of them) all of the time.

Bullying and stridency make powerful subliminal impressions, especially when they're repeated.

Trying to control or script the SwiftVets, trying to turn them into pre-programmed answer machines, is probably not a good idea.

Collectively, the public -- whether as voters or jurors -- are genuinely good at spotting a phony. It's great to have a calm, collected, articulate guy like O'Neill as a principle spokesman. But he's not an eyewitness. You have to let the people see the eyewitnesses -- even under stress, even if they make missteps. And keep plugging away at it. The truth will have out.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Entire Matthews line of questioning was joke. He can go bonkers all he wants, go after all the gotcha details he can, try to pin people into corners like with the "shoot self" thing.

But in the end, the Truth has a sniff to it.....People can sniff it out.

Kerry does not have the truth.

Matthews and other DNC cronies can shout and interrupt and make wild conclusions all they want.

But the Truth counts, and tonight the fear of the truth was all over Matthews face.
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody. Couldn't stand on the sidelines any more.

Somebody needs to do a handwriting analysis on that report to see if Kerry did fill it out by himself.

Matthews is so totally rude and cuts everybody off.
Michelle was unfortunately lost with the term "self-inflicted" and really missed a chance to knock down Matthews.

Mr. Thurlow I think was repeating comments that were said about Kerry wanting to be the new JFK while over there and it didn't work.

Should be interesting to see what the Dems come up with tomorrow and how the press spins it.

I couldn't help but notice that none of the Kerry people were allowed to speak tonight. I guess they all have to work on their b.s. lines for tomorrow. LOL.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey everybody. Couldn't stand on the sidelines any more.

Glad to have you here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: