SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry says Bush using SBV to do his "dirty work"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Kerry says Bush using SBV to do his "dirty work" Reply with quote

Kerry is definitely taking the wrong direction . He came out today and openly accused Bush of backing he SBV and also the RNC. "to do his dirty work" was his way of putting it..
this is going to bite him in the butt, b/c Bush has not done that at all, and the moveon.org people have done 100 times more hateful things. if he wants to start slinging hash over these orgs like the SBV and moveon.org. he is opening up a world of hurt for himself.
I see him as imploding. It really looks pathetic. He can't debate the SBV , but he challenges Bush to a debate over their service records. Bush has not accused him of anythng.
look for him to try and slip this into the debates in the fall. Rolling Eyes
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill countered perfectly... When asked if he would pull the ad at the Bush admins request, he basically said he doesn't care if the SBVT mission for the truth hurts the Bush campaign and that this story was bigger than politics.

Bush and Kerry will debate and Kerry will likely bring up (if he's very stupid) that the Swiftees were a Republican "dirty trick". Bush should, and will probably respond as he already has, that Kerry's service record was honorable.

I imagine something like:

"I served in Viet Nam while you were at home."

"Yes senator, thank you for your contribution to this nation."

"I won medals and you didn't."

"Yes senator, thanks once again. Let's talk about the issues and your constant flip-flopping."

"I have shrapnel in my leg."

"Outstanding. Thank you for your sacrifice. How do you feel about the war in Iraq today?"

"I'm a war hero!"

"Again, thanks... uhm... is this thing on?" taps microphone.

Damn, I would pay cash money to see an O'Neill / Kerry debate. Kerry wants to "Bring it on"?!?!...
Senator, show you have a pair and answer your critics... Debate Mr. O'Neill in a public forum.

SOTG
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Kerry's logic then 84% of the top 49 527's are Kerry front groups raising an incredible $176 million dollars.

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmtes.asp?level=C&cycle=2004

Odd that he hasn't denounced any of those groups......
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS astounding...
That someone's lies (and treasonous behavior) of the past have enough momentum from a grassroots effort to counter $176 MILLION in falsehoods.
Truth is powerful.

SOTG
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Godfather,

If each SBV4T volunteer/contributer got a percentage cut of that based on our contribution, we'd all be rich. We are being outspend by literally a factor of 500 to 1000 and we are still winning.

Truth is Beauty
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris my friend, THAT is what keeps hope alive. Wink

SOTG
LarryH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often these disputes appear earlier in the campaign season, and by election day I'm fed up with its mention(which is why an issue can burn out.) This simmering swift boat controversy has the potential to gain in significance, and by mid-October it's a firestorm -- too late for Kerry's 'nuanced' response.

Now there's inconsistency between Larry Thurlow's 1969 medal citation, and his recently signed affidavit which is presumably based upon recollection. This inconsistency is a WONDERFUL occurrence. I misspoke: it's an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL development! Why? Because it's best, in this rather large and complicated controversy, that inconsistencies be found among ALL sides(i.e., it's best for us as citizens, as folks who never were close to Vietnam.) By having conflicting evidence that can weigh for-and-against the various claimants, we will be able to see how the media handles this collection of evidence. Will some news groups concentrate on one set of arguments, while another group handles the issues irregardless of whose ox is gored?

Kerry has apparently finagled and embellished, but more importantly the mainstream media has shown bias in what it will pursue. Let's watch THE MEDIA - - that's a PROBLEM which will persist well beyond either Kerry's election loss or his 4-yr stay in the Oval Office.

Various commentators are certain that this dispute will hurt Bush(help Kerry.) These folks tend to also say that the SwiftVets are doing Bush's dirty work. The question to pose to these analysts is, "Since this is actually HURTING Bush, what's the likelihood that George Soros is surreptitiously funding the SwiftVets?"
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarryH,

What's even worse for Kerry is that we've barely scratched the surface. There is the whole matter about the VVAW and Paris as well. There's enough here to continually hit at Kerry's reputation until election day and beyond....and Kerry knows it.

Truth is Beauty
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And just the straight-out campaign issues as well.
Do I care what France, Germany, the U.N. (or any of Kerry's "unnamed foreign heads of state") thinks about the United States?
For me, the second most important factor behind Kerry's being unfit to be CIC is the war on terror. I am proud of the job our current POTUS has been doing.

I know I'm not alone here either.

SOTG
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another aspect of this is, it is costing Kerry money. You know good and well that ad he put out so he could condem it cost him probably half a mil. What it is costing him in lawyers etc. is going to be another big bite. Now he is running another ad himself....oops there goes another half a mill.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanna,

That is absolutely correct. Not only is he spending money long before he wanted to, but he can only spend 75million before election day...and his opponent is not so restricted until after labor day.

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing; does anyone believe that the Kerry campaign is happy that they've spent the last week mostly trying to make the SBVFT go away instead of running their campaign?

Wink
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Another aspect of this is, it is costing Kerry money. You know good and well that ad he put out so he could condem it cost him probably half a mil. What it is costing him in lawyers etc. is going to be another big bite. Now he is running another ad himself....oops there goes another half a mill.

Excellent point.

They've been forced to allocate money for defensive purposes.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and they are so good at not running their campaign, Kerry shows up in North Carolina to attack President Bush on jobs, and unemployment rate in North Carolina dropped from 5.5% to 5.0%. Good timing.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL,,, I saw that today also neverforget. The best it has been since March of 2001. I cant imagine the people around Kerry trying to help him be President. I personally would try to avoid him if there was any way possible. But I sit here and think about it, none of them are on the same page. They are contradicting each other. So they may not be around each other much. Who knows. I cant see this fella having to fight beside of me in any battle, more less a war. He seems to be a liability in my opinion and not someone I would want to help me out.

Curt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: