SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impact Assement: CALIFORNIA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Impact Assement: CALIFORNIA! Reply with quote

People,

Check out the new Survey USA poll. California is in play:

Kerry: 49
Bush: 46
Other: 6

[numbers don't add due to rounding]

www.surveyusa.com/currentelectionpolls.html

Now I caution you that polls can be tricky, but this is such a huge move, and so recent that I am sure we had something to do with it Wink

[/i]

Truth is Beauty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those big military bases and veterans retirement areas are going to have some clout, for sure.

And California is only hardcore leftist in a few areas - the rest of the state is pretty moderate.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very encouraging news. It's very difficult to believe that California could be in play. It's been a solid blue state.

Well if California went for Swartzenegger, it's possible that it could go for Bush. If California is really in play, Kerry's campaign is on the verge of being terminated with extreme prejudice.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
And California is only hardcore leftist in a few areas - the rest of the state is pretty moderate.

You've got that right Navy*3. Behold, Tulare County, where I live, has given 91% of our total donations to Republicans. But alas we're outspent by the kooks in Los Angeles and San Fransisco. Just like the rest of the country in general, there is a huge advantage for Republicans when people live in "normal" conditions. But when you crowd them together like rats, as in LA and SF, they magically become Dems.

The difference? Well, in LA people consider it normal to sit on a fwy onramp with a sign asking for free money. Here in Tulare County, men stand in front of Home Depot and ask for the opportunity to do an honest day's work.

http://www.opensecrets.org/states/county.asp?State=CA&Year=2004

The Democrats are concentrated in huge pockets of stupidity and whineyness. Arnold had them pegged!

MarineBrat
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from the great, but often quirky and misguided state of California, it warmed my heart to see those poll numbers.
Wow, if California went against Kerry this election I think Berkeley would file for it's own statehood!

SOTG

PS: We'll throw in Hollywood as well - no charge. Wink
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that Arnold is going to be givine a primetime speech at the convention. I plan to tune in to see what he has to say. Also learned that McCain will be campaigning closely with Bush - apparently they've been spending more time together within the past month and gotten to know each other. I think Bush is following the adage "keep my enemy close to heart."
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolajl,

I thought the saying was:

"Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer."

Truth is Beauty
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Washington state. We have the Seattle area that is blue. The rest of the state is red. However, it is hard to balance out the pagans that dominate the big city. Therefore , our state while on the whole is concervative, we end up with Macdermet, Murray and Cantwell.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk,

I know. I grew up in Olympia, Wa. Thurston county was "purple" when I grew up there 20 years ago and you are right only Pierce and King Cos were reliably blue. The rest of the state was Red...so it was always a balance between the rest of the state and Seattle-Tacoma.

As I understand it, though, the Seattle Metroplex has grown so big that they out vote the rest of the state every time. Pity because Washtington is traditionally a very independant state (when I grew up it was purple....now it is blue).

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Illinios and this whole damn state is ruined by King Daley and Chicago,You realy want to see corruption ha we got it. Almost every part of our state besides Chicago and extreme southern Ill. is republican but the state goes blue every year.Funny?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question everyone has to ask themselves (assuming they can keep an open mind) is that if Kerry would betray his fellow sailors and soldiers is he the person to be trusted with our military today --- now that we are at war with an enemy who wants to kill America?

I think even the lefties at some point have to understand that this is a war to preserve even their way of life --- and withdrawal, surrender, and sensitivity does not get the job done.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they don't understand that it will be hard to make those oh-so-clever moveOn cartoons and Michael Moore "documentaries" while wearing a Burkha(sp?).
Wait a second... Michael Moore in a burkha... I think my brain just imploded.

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: