SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isn't this Libel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Isn't this Libel? Reply with quote

From the Kerry-Edwards Website:

misleading to say the least:
John Kerry served two tours of duty during Vietnam, during which he was awarded three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star with Combat V and a Silver Star. The Republican attack group that has produced the false negative assault on John Kerry’s service isn’t interested in the truth. The truth is that official United States Navy reports document John Kerry’s service in Vietnam, and these Republicans, with help from the Bush attack machine’s biggest patrons, have attacked the integrity of the United States Navy itself and all who served on the Swift Boats.

hasn't this already been explained - again, misleading:
Kerry’s crewmates have responded to these attacks with the truth – they were on the Swift Boat with Kerry and they know what happened. “These assertions are garbage, these people weren’t there with John Kerry,” said PCF 94 crewmate Gene Thorson. “We were. If John Kerry hadn’t made the right command decisions, in my opinion, we would be some of the names on that wall.” Del Sandusky, senior enlisted man on the PCF 94 added, “It was an horrific firefight, I don’t know how these guys could stretch the truth like this.”

WHAT difference does this make? Seems obvious to me those witnessing from the boats would have a better idea as to what was going on. (recounts from the guys witnessing vs. guy in the water panicking???)
“The fire was strong enough to knock out Tommy Belodeau’s machine gun…I was in the middle of the firefight,” Rassmann has said of the false claims that there was no fire that day and that other boats rescued people from the water. “There was one person in the water that day and that was me, anyone who is telling you otherwise is giving you a lie.”

Excuse me, wasn't it Kerry who wanted us to focus on his "heroic" service in Vietnam or did Bush start the Vietnam stuff?Republican lies about John Kerry’s record will not stop him from fighting for issues that matter to the lives of everyday Americans: the skyrocketing costs of health care, the need to create good paying jobs, and the real fight to make America secure in a dangerous world – the very issues the Bush Administration is afraid to put at the center of this election.

ISN'T THIS LIBEL? Aren't YOU Swift Boat Veterans? Aren't you after the truth? WHERE'S THE PROOF THAT YOU'RE FALSELY LABELED?
A group falsely labeled “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” is trying to smear John Kerry’s military service and the service of those who served in great danger with him on the Navy’s Swift Boats. This group of “Swift Veterans for Bush,” isn’t interested in the truth – and they’re not telling the truth. Thirty years ago, official Navy reports documented John Kerry’s service in Vietnam and Navy commanders decorated him for his service. Thirty five years ago, this was the truth, and it’s still the truth today.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. MY FAMILY AND OUR ENTIRE CHURCH FAMILY ARE PRAYING FOR YOU DAILY. THANK YOU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: