SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Lambert bronze star shows hostile fire like Kerry's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Robert Lambert bronze star shows hostile fire like Kerry's Reply with quote

David Corn, noted Bush hating author, digs up Robert Eugene Lamberts bronze star records, and finds that they too (like Kerry and Thurlow's) claim evidence of incoming enemy fire.

"Three Navy men won Bronze Stars for their actions that day: Kerry, Thurlow, and radarman first class Robert Eugene Lambert, a petty officer in the boat captained by Thurlow. The citation for Lambert's Bronze Star--previously undisclosed but obtained today under the Freedom of Information Act from the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis--repeats the description of the incident included in the citation for Thurlow's Bronze Star: "all units came under small arms and automatic weapons fire from the river banks.

Lambert, a career Navy man who served on active duty from 1957 to 1978, could not be located.

"For meritorious achievement while serving with Coastal Division ELEVEN engaged in armed conflict against Viet Cong communist aggressors in An Xuyen Province, Republic of Vietnam on 13 March 1969. Inshore Patrol Craft [PCF] 51, with Petty Officer Lambert serving as Leading Petty Officer, was conducting a SEA LORDS operation in the Bay Hap river with four other boats. The boats were exiting the river when a mine detonated under another Inshore Patrol Craft, inflicting heavy damage to the boat and wounding the entire crew. At the same time, all units came under small arms and automatic weapons fire from the river banks. Inshore Patrol Craft 51 immediately proceeded to aid the damaged Inshore Patrol Craft, where the Officer-in-Charge [Larry Thurlow] leaped aboard to render assistance. Petty Officer LAMBERT assumed command of Inshore Patrol Craft 51 and directed accurate suppressing fire at the enemy. While administering first aid to the crew of the damaged Inshore Patrol Craft, Inshore Patrol Craft 51's Officer-in-Charge was knocked overboard. Petty Officer LAMBERT, without hesitation, directed Inshore Patrol Craft 51 alongside his Officer-in-Charge, where, from an exposed position and with complete disregard for his personal safety, he pulled him aboard. Petty Officer LAMBERT then returned his Officer-in-Charge to the aid of the damaged Inshore Patrol Craft and remained in command of Inshore Patrol Craft 51 until all units cleared the river. Petty Officer LAMBERT's coolness, professionalism and courage under fire significantly contributed to the rescue of his Officer-in-Charge and the damaged Inshore Patrol Craft and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service."
http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=1692

It would be nice to get Lambert's recollection of events, since he was the only other bronze star winner that day, besides Kerry and Thurlow.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has very interesting wording. Introducing the text of the citation, the intro claims "evidence of enemy fire", however there is NOTHING in that citation that indicates that there WAS enemy fire.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all citations were written based on the After Action report by Kerry, then all would say basically the same thing. Notice that wording in Kerry's citation for bronze star has some embellishment added in the one signed by John Lehman, compared to the one signed by E. Zumwalt.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Lambert bronze star shows hostile fire like Kerry Reply with quote

gee williger wrote:
...repeats the description of the incident included in the citation for Thurlow's Bronze Star: "all units came under small arms and automatic weapons fire from the river banks.

You mean all three citations have consistant descriptions of the events?

Gosh, I wonder... do you think they could have all been sourced from a single report?
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Enemy Fire Reply with quote

I am not up on Military wording but could the Mine be counted as Enemy Fire? I know that "Self Inflicted" means that you did something stupid, and hurt yourself. So in my mind (as small as it is) I could see the Mine coming under the brood umbrella of "enemy fire" in the mind of the person that wrote the after-action report.

I am always confused Very Happy

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hanna,

I PM'ed you with some info.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about the mine thing being enemy fire. Problem is both rasman and kerry say the fire was coming from the banks, In kerry's case 3000 meters of hostile fire (lie). From rassmans view i could understand him thinking there was enemy fire from the bank, exspecially if Kerry told him there was
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
I thought about the mine thing being enemy fire. Problem is both rasman and kerry say the fire was coming from the banks, In kerry's case 3000 meters of hostile fire (lie). From rassmans view i could understand him thinking there was enemy fire from the bank, exspecially if Kerry told him there was

3000 meters of fire?

That's over two miles -- wouldn't there have to be hundreds of VC to cover that distance? If there were that many enemy soldiers shotting at the Switftboats, I doubt the boats would have been able to hang around for an hour and a half.
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:

I just wanted to bring up what I see as the next defense of the Kerry Camp after they change their story on hostile fire and it is confirmed that the medal wording came from the after-action report written by Kerry.

Just waiting for them to change their story again.

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM will probably use these Kerry fitness reports as visual props to attack the credibility of Elliot and others. They are already using the 1996 video support clips to effect.

We need to stress that there was an honor system and reports were taken on face value -- Kerry's own action reports were the basis of all of his glowing evaluations and medals.

How can we expose this in a simple and clear way to counter the Elliott "video/photo graphic" bytes that are sure to some in the days to come?
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way to counter the Elliot videos really. It's the visual that counts. It gives those who don't want to believe a reason not to believe.

Elliot was there to defend Kerry from charges of a war crime in relation to his Silver Star. They were charges from someone who is not there (I personally have not heard any of the Swift Vets charging him of anything like that or even inappropriate behavior that day. They just don't think killing a lone boy, albeit armed, is Silver Star material)

You can explain this stuff all you want, but it is the visual that counts. You will see it over and over and over again. (National Review has a really great article on that topic)

The pressure has to remain. The Dems managed to get the initiative yesterday with The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy thing. If we can expose that for the absurd notion that it is and get back on message on Monday I think we'll be okay.

But if the MSM deciedes that the collusion angle is there story and they're sticking to it... we're in trouble. We can't spend our time defending a baseless charge.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
SwiftPrayerWarrior
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Lehland and Hyland citations and signatures Reply with quote

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Silver_Star.pdf

This is getting real confusing.......
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftPrayerWarrior
certainly can be confusing
first of 3 versions of the silver --the zumwalt version
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jkerry/jksilverstar.pdf

in the resources section there are some discusssions about the Bronze & Silvers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: