SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUGGESTION: New SwiftVet Ad (No. 3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinKnight
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: SUGGESTION: New SwiftVet Ad (No. 3) Reply with quote

One reason the press thinks it can smear and sweep the SwiftVets under the carpet, is because they think that the public does not know that John Kerry is hiding something. Think of the time they hounded President Bush to release his military records. So here's my idea of an ad (general outline). Note that this works only if the SwiftVets featured have signed SF 180 forms.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
[ul]GRANT HIBBARD: I served in the same Swift Boat squadron with John Kerry in Vietnam. I was his commanding officer. And I know he lied to get a purple heart. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my full military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

STEPHEN GARDNER: John Kerry was my commanding officer in Vietnam. We served on the same Swift boat. And I know he lied about being in Cambodia. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my full military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

[WRITING]: John Kerry has refused to sign Standard Form 180. He continues to refuse to release his full military record to the public and the press. It's because he is afraid. It's because he's not telling the truth.
[/ul]
END TRANSCRIPT

If possible, make many versions, with two different SwiftVets making their charges in each version. The issue would soon become that John Kerry has something to hide. The Press simply cannot deny that John Kerry has not released his military records. They may try to ignore it but they've already put their feet in it to save Kerry. It's a challenge he cannot afford to ignore.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a great tactic. It would be great if someone spent the time to make a flash movie timeline of Kerry's war time history. Starting with his request for deferment, to the Gridley, and interspersed with links to quotes about each event.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show a clip of Kerry on Meet the press in 2004 telling Russert he would release his records.Then show he backed out of it right away.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe swiftys must keep up the attack. They need more donations, if you are a lurker nows the time.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next movie should be haow he saw still in the military while testivying and meeting with the Hanoi delegation in Paris. Show laws he broke and specifically the one which disqualifies him to be president or even a senator
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swiftees need to start with the real "Unfit for Command" Message also. Hopefully this is in O'Neils strategy.

I think a VERY VERY effective ad would blend past and present.

Show Kerry in the 2004 campaign talking about how he knows diplomacy, and knows how to get leaders on his side... then show how he met with the communists and worked AGAINST THE US INTERESTS in the 70's... If thats Kerry's diplomacy, no thanks.

Another tactic would be to go on every show and face down Hurley or whoever by saying that regardless of what he did in Vietnam, one thing is indisputable. He smeared veterans and soldiers with lies in the 70's and is smearing veterans with lies now. He could offer no evidence then and he offers none now.

Its sad to say, but the majority of people don't care what happened 35 years ago. Its time to make the present the issue, and the swiftees can do it.

Show Kerry saying on the senate floor that he was in Cambodia, then bring Gardner on to call him on it, and challenge Kerry to provide ANYTHING to prove he was there (Also it might be fun to point out he blamed the wrong president) and to sign the 180.
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that everything, and I mean everything, that this traitor has done during his brief exagerated tour in Vietnam and especially after Vietnam, when he was with the radical VVAW group is being studied by a team of marketing experts as we speak. There is enought tape of John Kerry using his own words to torpedo his campaign in very short order. I predict that by the end of September that the Democrats will realize that this election is over and that their candidate is a fraud and a charlatan.

We have only seen 2 SBVT commercials (the last one being brilliant, using Kerry's own words against him), but I'm sure that there are many more to follow. Let's all continue to support the group in whatever they need from getting the word out to being media watchdogs.

Aren't you just so damn glad that Al Gore invented the internet? Laughing

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commercial I would like to see:

John Kerry at the Fullbright Congressional Hearings-(This is on record and recorded)
Quote:
"Well, I think if we were to replace the Thieu-Ky-Khiem regime....I think....we have an obligation to offer sanctuary to the perhaps 2,000, 3,000 people who might face political assassination or something else. But my feeling is that those 3,000 who may have to leave that country."

Kerrys Voice\Picture Fades out......

New Voice\Picture fades in.....

A South Vietnamese Army Officer-
Quote:
explaining what happened after American troops left and Congress cut off their military support.

RVN Officer Voice\Picture fades out...

Vietnamese-American Refugee Voice\Picture fades in...

Quote:
A South Vietnamese Boat Refugee- explaining how 200,000 of their relatives drowned as "boat people" in an effort to excape the Communists.

Vietnamese American Voice\Picture fades out....

Montnagnard-American Voice\Picture fades in....

Quote:
A Montagnard-American- explaining how 650,000 of his people were massacred by the Communists after America withdrew.

Montagnard-American Voice\Picture fades out...

Hmong-American Voice\Picture fades in...

Quote:
A Hmong-American- explaining that it was either refuge in America or death in the lands of his ancestors at the hands of the North Vietnamese Communists.

Hmong-American Voice\Picture fades out....

End of Ad- A stills picture of the skulls stacked from the Khmer Rouge killing fields of Cambodia, while John Kerrys voice in the Fullbright hearings fades back in........
Quote:

Kerry-(This is on record and recorded)
"they will respond to whatever government evolves which answers their needs, and those needs quite simply are to be fed, to bury their dead in plots where their ancestors lived, to be allowed to extend their culture, to try and exist as human beings. And I think that is what will happen."

Michael Moore ain't got nothin' on ET!!!

Last edited by ETEE on Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a GREAT one ETEE!!

Jarhead, I hope so!

I also hope that someone will coach these guys on how to take Hurley et. al. down with his own words.

Hurley loves to spew the "Republican Financed out of Texas" crap. They need to say back sometyhing like "Who do you expect to donate to us? Theresa Heinz Kerry?"

The claims by the Times should be heralded! Yes, we use the same ad agency that made the famous Dukakis Tank ad! They were effective then and are effective now!

Every time he says that the Navy Documentation supports Kerry (which is a lot) he needs to be challenged to have Kerry sign the 180 and prove what he is saying!

Hurley is a PR pro. The swiftees are not, but the have the truth on their side.
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are some of the nastiest I've ever met and I love you all! I've never been to war but if I ever have to go, I want you in my boat. Keep up the good work. If you have not donated, do it now! Laughing
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ad: Reply with quote

I agree with ETEE's ad, but we should add:

If John Kerry did this to Vietnam, what would he do in Afghanistan and Iraq?
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a high noon tactic...I saw Gardner on Scarbough Country..this
guy is great..he needs to be on more...
DavidS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: SwiftVet Ad (3) Reply with quote

Wonderfull ideas.

I have contributed and am again and will do more when the next retirement check comes in.

KEEP THE HEAT ON.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: