SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Joined the Navy in 1984....

I've never liked Kerry since my stint at the POW/MIA office. He was not interesting in finding any or helping us in any way, although he carried the title of Vietnam War Working Group Commissioner on the Presidential US/Russian Joint Commission on POW/MIAs. Our work was not perfect but the intent was there. I have never served in a duty with so much passion by so many!

Request permission to come aboard, gentlemen!

These "character references" are what make this site so powerful....Both my dad and mom were Navy, and I'd like to think they'd agree wholeheartedly with your analysis.
As for myself, I'm an Army vet ('69- '71)
'69 Ft. Dix Basic,
'69-70 Ft Gordon, Permanent Party, graduating 31M radiomen to their next tour, mostly Vietnam;
Spring 1970, while Kerry was negotiating with the NVA and VC in Paris, got my own 'orders' to RVN;
5/70-1/71 Cam Ranh Bay, 22nd Repl Bn, with the best job in the Army, sending our troops home. (MOS 71H30)

...and with you guys doing your great service to this country can finally say "I'm proud to have served in Vietnam"....but 35 years was too long to get there. Not that John O'Neill hasn't been doing his best to silence the War Protester-in-chief all these years....where is the outrage in a free country where the media has supported the VC all these years!!!

Congrats again to making sure the Truth regains a foothold on Media Hill...been reading since I joined (2nd post in the Vets Thread, after the Site Admin of course, was my first contribution), and you guys always 'make my day'.

Bruce
Big Red 1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Big Red 1 Reply with quote

My name is Bob Auel, Hi to all my bros who served, and welcome home hope you are well. I served in Vietnam from 1967 to 1968 during TET with the Big Red 1 on a 105 artillery gun section as assistant gunner. Lai khe was are base camp and we had firebases in Quan Loi, An lock and many areas in the Iron Triangle. Fired 1 Million rounds of 105 shells in six months in country, Im also a DAV with a loss of hearing in both ears. I was in country for 1 year two days, does anyone know how Kerry only served for four months as we all had to serve for 1 year. When the swiftvets say they know what happened because they where there, but didnt serve on Kerrys boat our gun sections had six guns although I was on the number three gun I served with all the guys in the gun sections and we knew what happened on all the guns during a operation so when Kerry says you guys didnt serve on his ship you still knew what was going on with all the other boats. Again welcome home, God bless are troops in Iraq. Go Bush
VPSS-1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Mustering Up Reply with quote

Well first off, I want to say well done, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. As an Active Duty Sailor in the P-3 community, I am always seeing good leaders come and go, and sometimes you see the bad ones linger around, so seeing how you guys are exposing Kerry for the person he really is, makes a strong statement. I think I speak for almost every Active Duty member when I say seeing Kerry in Office would be a disgrace to the United States, and its entire Military, and I am completely disgusted by his comment to the VFW this week about how he said "I am your brother in arms" He gave up his "BROTHER" status when he returned from Vietnam and denounced the US and its military. How much more UNAMERICAN can you get? For him to be voted in office would be a huge slap in the face to me, and obviously to all of you also. So thank you, and please keep supporting the Cause

Last edited by VPSS-1 on Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All;

I'm on board with you. Although an Army guy I did go out on the Greenling and Finback, once each, for some water play. Loved the food.

Some rules I tried to live with were "Never get out of something you cann't get back into" and as an army guy "Never go out so far you cann't swim back". Problem is, I failed to follow both a number of times. Oh, well.

Checks in the mail, best of luck.

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
mpaluda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Mike Paluda, CPT, Advisary Team 68, Vinh Long Province, 1969. 1st 6 months as advisor to the Vinh Long Battalion, a Viet Namese infantry outfit similar in function to the National Guard here at home. Spent a week onboard a US Navy Mobile Rivereen Force in local rivers with some of my troops. Those were some hard core, gutsy Navy guys. Bummed a ride on a Swiftie once too when I needed to get my wounded radio operator back to civilization and a hospital. Separated December 1969.

Missed the brotherhood and joined the Michigan Guard in 1973, retired in 1997.

I am pleased to have found this site and look forward to the association with fellow vets.

Great job Swifties ! Keep up the great work !
DavidH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

David L. Horton, CMsgt Retired USAF. Was an AC-130 Spectre Gunship Crew member from Dec 1970 to Mar 1974. Supported many TIC in Vietnam and Laos. Killed lots of trucks bringing supplies down the Ho-chi-min Trail. Am a Plank Owner in VA-147. Was Attached to the Navy when the USAF decided to purchase the A7D. Served aboard the USS Ranger CVA-61 for a 9 month deployment. I am proud to be associated with this group and support the effort at hand.
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reporting for duty !! Reply with quote

Active duty army 2 Jan. 1959 to 29 June,1963. Air national guard 26 March 1963 to 30 Sept. 1997. Retired. asking permission to come aboard.

Last edited by sparky 36 on Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenie_6871
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reporting for duty [I wish it could be so] Reply with quote

Hi all:

I am pleased to say hello to all my fellow veterans, and especially those who served In Country. We should all be proud that we served our country at a time when it was not cool to do so.

I volunteered for military service in 1968 and served a three-year stint from 1968 to 1971. I was a member of the 5th Special Forces in Nam from July 1969 to August 1970. I was attached to Pleiku and Quin Nhon Mobile Strike Force [Mike Force] teams.

My training was as follows:

Basic: Ft. Dix
AIT: Ft. Benning
Jump: Ft Benning
SF: Ft. Bragg

My thoughts, prayers, and gratitude go out to all those who currently serve our country and place themselves in harms way in the name of freedom.

Regards,

Paul
msgtphelps
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reporting For Muster Reply with quote

As my profile reflects, I am a Vietnam Vet (1966-67) and I am appalled at John Kerry's accusations of war atrosities taking place in-country. I worked in HQ 7th AF TACC (South), Offense/Defense Sections. To my knowledge his accusations are ALL false and none of that s--- took place.
As I understand it, he was in Vietnam twice, once for a year and another later for four months at which time he got his infamous medals. This my opinion, of course, but I did know some guys over there that got purple hearts for "shaving", so let's face it that sort of fraud did happen. Kerry's first tour was a learning tour, which he must have asked himself, "What can I do to get notority and out of country fast?" That is why he volunteered for his second tour: Swift Boats, resulting in purple hearts, and all other medals he cound acquire and therefore he spent approximately four months his second tour. Another thing, how may guys do you know of that filmed his own battles. Isn't it logical that he would be ducking rather than filming? Gentlemen, he planned the whole event. Kerry is not only a liar but a conniving bas---d. I predict that should he be elected POTUS, he will end up impeached and this country will go to hell in a handbasket. So please people DON'T VOTE FOR KERRY.
Tincanman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
Welcome to our "Veterans & Active Duty Military" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow brothers & sisters-in-arms, please "report-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Thanks for inviting me aboard.
I'm a proud veteran, even though I didn't serve in Viet Nam. As we all remember, there was a mighty big world outside of that area. Some of us spent lots of time defending this country in other places.
I served in the USN from January of '62 to May of '66 (the last four months courtesy of MacNamara Evil or Very Mad ...but that's a story for another day). I spent 3 years at sea as part of the Destroyer Navy.
I don't know if anyone has talked about this before now, but I am getting awfully PO'ed at these idiots who think the only service having merit is in Viet Nam. From the bottom of my heart, I salute each and every man and woman who went there, but we who served in other parts of the world are being made out to be somehow less "patriotic". We went where we were ordered.
Tincanman
snake king
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Gentlemen; Req permission to come aboard. Reply with quote

I am Swift Boat Vet, Chief Staff Officer at Cosron One, Cat Lo, CTU 116.5.3 (Operation Blue Shark), and later Senior Advisor to VNN COSFLOT 3.

Congratulations to my comrade Swiftees on what has been accomplished so far. I ache for the pain that is being piled on you by Kerry Campaign as well as their allys, the unbiased press -- hang in there guys -- it's only words and your cause is just!

I cannot understand where the POW's are on this entire question. Have they all decided to let Senator McCain speak for them?

Keep pouring it on -- rapid continuos fire -- he'll break cover soon -- and then lay the fifties on him!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! So good to have you all with us - thank you for joining.

All vets and ACDU of all uniformed branches are welcome here.

One correction - Kerry did one year aboard the USS Gridley and part of a WESTPAC (unlike most personnel who did a three year tour and 2-3 WESTPAC's in the blue-water Navy at the time)

Kerry refers to this year on the Gridley as "a tour in Vietnam" because she spent approximately five weeks in support of the 7th and docked for one day in Danang.

His "other" tour was his 4 months and 12 days in Swifts. One month in training, three months moving from one COSDIV to another.

Again, very glad to have you all - the smoking lamp is lit and that good Navy coffee is always on in the geedunk, but working parties have commenced and will remain on station in the other spaces until mop up is complete. Wink Make yourselves at home!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I join in with N3 in welcoming all the new vets. Makes this aging Army vet proud to see so many standing up again to help clear us all and set the record straight. Very Happy
aroostook sailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: aroostook sailor signing in Reply with quote

Have just done my duty and contributed to these invaluable heroes, our Swiftvets.

We owe so much to you guys for the honor you bring to our nation right now, today.

I was a QM3 USS Inchon LPH-12. Served in Vietnam late '71 to late '72.

My service is nothing compared to you great men. I salute you. Thank God for you all.

Aroostook Sailor
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: RE TRAITOR KERRY Reply with quote

MY HUSBAND IS WW11 VET, AND I WORKED FOR DEPT ARMY IN AUSTRALIA DURING VEITNAM WAR, YOU ARE ALL HEROS, AND WHAT THAT TRAITOR DID TO YOU GUYS IS UNFORGIVABLE, AND IF HE BECOMES CINC, HE WILL DO THE SAME THING TO ALL OUR TROOPS IN IRAG, AND THE WAR IN IRAG AS IN VEITNAM WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING AND ALL THE BRAVE SOLDIERS WHO DIED WILL HAVE DIED IN VAIN, HE CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT BE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 26 of 47

Jump to: