SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

300 NEW REGISTERED USERS IN LAST 24 HOURS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: 300 NEW REGISTERED USERS IN LAST 24 HOURS Reply with quote

Congradulations to the Swift Boat Veterans. They have registered 300 new users in the last 24 hours. This site is gaining popularity and is being taken very seriously (even by the mainstream liberal media and the Democratic party). Don't let anybody fool you or convince you otherwise. As more and more people see the SBVT TV commericals, as word spreads about the SBVT website, and as the book "Unfit For Command" continues to top the best seller lists, more and more people will learn the truth about the traitor John Kerry. This movement is no longer being laughed off or excused as just a few disgruntled Republican veterans, it is causing shockwaves throughout the Democratic party and liberal/leftist establishment in this country. The "truth" about John Kerry as it is being told by the people that knew him best (shipmates/commanders in his own unit) has the pontential to sink the John Kerry ship to the bottom of the deep blue sea. I have the utmost respect for John O'Neil and the rest of the Swiftees who did not ask for this mission but have once again risen to the task of serving their country in a time of need. This site now has over 3000 registered users who have reported for duty to help spread the word about John Kerry. I salute the brave Swifties and all others (admins) who give unselfishly of their time behind the scenes to make this mission a success. Please let us know what else we can do to help.

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message

Last edited by Jarhead on Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! Hope their server(s) can handle the load. Very Happy
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is the place to find out the truth about John Kerry. As John Edwards said "if you want to know what John Kerry is made of just spend 3 minutes with the men who served with him".Swift Boat Vets are making sure people get to know the real John Kerry.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
During the week ending Aug. 8, 966,000 people visited the anti-Kerry group's Web site, 34,000 fewer than those who visited Kerry's official site, according to Nielsen/Net Ratings.

From an MSNBC article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5771731/

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one on those who registered in the past few days, and I'm so glad this site is here.

I am also proud to know that there is such a group of highly concerned Veterans & Non-Veterans alike, who take such pride in their Country.

Keep up the great work & GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that was for the week ending August 8, before the book was released, before the story was so popular on cable and talk radio, and before the MSM finally had to talk about it.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say Welcome to all the new members. Hopefully most of them are not TROLLS.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined last night at the request of Navy_Navy_Navy. Seems you are starting to see an influx of others though that I have seen elsewhere, Mil.com sees a lot of these "other" types. Just be prepared that a lot of your incoming members will be here for one purpose only, to disrupt, spew contempt, and possibly DUers who are out to play any dirty trick they can to discredit anyone who opposes the Democratic Candidate.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great news. The more people who come the more important it is that we maintain our standards.

If its not credible, don't post it here. This is not a place for rumors and slander. Just the facts and questions about the facts. This has become a major source of information and links to information for me.

I have been really impressed how the admins keep the tone of dialogue here civil yet passionate.

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for all of your hard work.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the people can debate on the issues without the personal attacks and when the "others" show up, they get debated out the door pretty quick.

And it helps having the Admins (who do an outstanding job) running around giving warnings and carrying the Big Ban Stick
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that if you argue your point with no name calling, no rude behavior they will still let you post and argue your points, but one must remember that the majority of us are vets and have come here for a reason...to talk with people who feel the same way we do.

I know I have a great dislike, distrust and disgust for John Kerry....I support the swiftvets and would 87 billion times over. I have come to respect these men and their honor to return to duty to let the rest of us know the type of man John Kerry is....we see John Kerry becoming quite the nasty "thug, liar and thief" that he is and I am just disgusted even further by his hatred for these vets speaking out.

How ironic that Kerry did not take a stand nor speak out against Moveon.org or Michael Moore's propaganda movie. Presdident Bush took the high ground. Free Speech is not just for the DNC, MM's of the world or the MSM...it includes all of us and especially those of us who have gave blood, sweat and tears for this country.
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered yesterday.

I am not a troll or a Veteran, but I am a proud republican.

I am so glad that these brave men are doing this.

I have donated, and want to do more to help.

God Bless you all!

Mike Janay
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: 3339 new registered users reporting for duty. Outstanding!

Oooooorahhhh!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
LeastofThese
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new member, too, and joined simply to "be counted" among those that support these honorable veterans in their quest to spread truth. I'm sure each of the SBVs expected the onslaught of media attention and criticism, but I can't imagine the strength it takes to continue to fight amidst all the attacks. I have no doubt, though, that in the end, the truth will be known, and the entire country will see these men for the heros they are.

So, to the Swift Boat veterans... thank you for serving then, and thank you for serving now. You have my prayers for your physical and emotional well-being in the coming weeks.

Rachel in Atlanta

Last edited by LeastofThese on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Finally standing up Reply with quote

I’ve visited Swift Vets for sometime but never gathering the nerve to sign up for the forums. This site affects me as a wife of an unrecognized Vietnam Vet. Why do I say unrecognized?

He was there but the government says they weren’t, it was before Vietnam was declared, and many of you know what I am talking about. His military record doesn’t show it, he doesn’t have awards to show it but his nightmares that wake me up and him calling out proves it to me. A tear silently trails down his face when he sees something that reminds him of situations he was in. Seeing the moving wall brought a string of nightmares for weeks after it was here. He doesn’t talk about it because he swore an oath for silence but in turn his government doesn’t recognize his combat duty and the benefits are not there.

He is a respected member of society and he doesn’t speak against the country, the vets or the people of the United States. He is proud of the service men and women today and still proud of being a US Marine. Yesterday I was shocked as he re-registered as a Republican. This man has been a Democrat since he was able to vote and even though I am Republican we just don’t talk politics. Why did he change?

“I don’t want that anti-military, anti-vet, self proclaimed hero and lying SOB to be Commander in Chief of the men and women who proudly serve the military today.”

Do I need to say anything more?

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: