SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information about RNC protest groups (personal story)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Information about RNC protest groups (personal story) Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/shutupkerry/protesters.htm
Sue Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article Swan Lady.

I was in high school at the time as well. I was pretty oblivious to it at the time.
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Though my husband was never in Nam, he did serve DURING Nam. I started the website because I am sick and tired of Kerry, et al, making it seem as though anyone who didn't step foot on the soil of Viet Nam is somehow less of a patriot or somehow less military.

I wasn't oblivious to the goings on. I wish in a way I had been. But having a war-protesting brother (who now regrets what he did and is a staunch conservative and grandfather) I was basically thrust into hearing about it (arguments between him and Dad often ended with Mom intervening when Dad wanted to kick my brother out of the house- not because he was a protestor, but because he kept smuggling pot in).

Also, I was close to DC. Grew up across the Potomac in Arlington, VA. Those were trying times for those of us who had to travel into DC. All of our family physicians were in DC and (until they moved it to Reston) my Dad worked for the USGS in DC. To make it even more interesting, Mom worked for the DoA Material Command in Alexandria. She was George Patton, Jrs, personal secretary.

I hope you'll pass the link along to other people. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: