SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9 days after Purple Heart, Kerry wrote "not shot at yet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

As this appears to be a "story in progress", I'm moving it from the main forum to the R&R forum.

Thanks,

Admin
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
xracer isn't saying to ignore this - if I'm reading him right, he's suggesting that there is a window in that paragraph a mile wide and that we use caution before we put any real weight on it.

It fits in well with an overall pattern of Kerry's lying, and deserves to be included in the now-mountainous rebuttal, but it's a small piece of the puzzle.

Keep the focus on the things that he CANNOT wiggle out of, like the Cambodia story, the March 13 incident, his first PH, the fact that he claims TWO "tours in Vietnam."

Two tours on Swift boats, you mean. That's what he wrote in his book, A Call To Service - http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3089

The guy is a pathological liar. I'm convinced that he doesn't even believe that he's lying. It's just too obvious to be deceipt.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we dissent on "two tours", in Vietnam or on Swifts, given both the Gridley and Swift tours and the two separated CoastDivs and boats we just give our detractors more ammo. One may consider a four-month tour to be one even if on two boats and/or one may consider Gridley on Yankee Station and/or North/South SAR to not count but many would not agree. especially those in the media and those who weren't there. Just common sense would suggest two different Divisions could be interpreted as two tours, and, like it or not, being on ships like Gridley qualified for the VSM, Combat Pay, Income Tax exclusions, etc. Let's focus!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, of course the "two tours in Vietnam" or "two tours in Swift boats" can't be the centerpiece, but it is a piece of this puzzle.

Every tiny piece contributes to the picture of the real John Kerry.

As I've posted elsewhere a few times, Kerry denigrates his tour aboard the Gridley by claiming it to be something that it wasn't.

There were too many sailors out there in full three-year tours with full WESTPAC's under their belts to let him get away with it. They sweated or froze their rear ends off in grueling work for long hours for six months at a time or more.

He does them all a disservice to suggest that his brief period on the Gridley in support of the 7th Fleet and his one-day in-port in Danang (in which he probably did not even leave the ship) is "a tour in Vietnam."

None of the sailors I've ever known who operated in the waters off of Southeast Asia have ever claimed their WESTPAC's to be "tours in Vietnam," which conjures up images of boots on the ground, hacking through jungles and digging and sandbagging foxholes.

It's just a tiny part of this image that Kerry has carefully constructed, and if you've seen the films of him stalking along with a machine gun and bandolier, you'll know what I mean. Wink

Ships and sailors were an important part of that war - Kerry steals their thunder by trying to make it something it wasn't.
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh as to why the Democrats put him out there as a candidate? ... It certainly helps being a billionaire and having 20 years in the Senate to cozy up to the top of the political machine. One can have a lot of favors to call in after 20 years at the top of the party apparatus.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: has anyone seen this yet? Reply with quote

nickb wrote:
Soldier with Kerry in '68 says he earned first medal
Monday, August 16, 2004
Bill Sloat
http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/isele/109265584379530.xml?isele

Can't start engine
watches Kerry do all this stuff
finally starts engine

Anybody out there want to start an outboard (that's right isn't it?) while watching the guys in the FRONT of the boat?
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:
I dont think Kerry could have been at Cam Ranh Bay which is way up in II corps. It was probably Cat Lo

There's really no need for speculation on this stuff. The facts are available. Kerry flew in to Cam Ranh Bay and was there for 19 days. He was there on 2 Dec 68, when the first Purple Heart incident occurred. He transferred to An Thoi on 6 Dec 68, to Cat Lo on 13 Dec 68 and back to An Thoi on 5 Jan 69. These are documentable facts. Before people start speculating, they should really go visit my blog. I have done a voluminous amount of fact checking, and it's all carefully documented and linked.

For example, the WN story that started this thread - I wrote about that on Friday the 13th. WN got to it 6 days later. The MSM will write about it some day - maybe.

I have a complete timeline of Kerry's service on Swift boats, with dates, with documentation. It's all there. You just have to read it.
LubyStarling
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: 2nd tour Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
xracer isn't saying to ignore this - if I'm reading him right, he's suggesting that there is a window in that paragraph a mile wide and that we use caution before we put any real weight on it.

It fits in well with an overall pattern of Kerry's lying, and deserves to be included in the now-mountainous rebuttal, but it's a small piece of the puzzle.

Keep the focus on the things that he CANNOT wiggle out of, like the Cambodia story, the March 13 incident, his first PH, the fact that he claims TWO "tours in Vietnam."

Doesn't a trip to Hanoi with Jane count as a tour?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: