SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Marketplace Warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Amazon Marketplace Warning Reply with quote

All,

Be careful about ordering the book off the Amazon Marketplace from third parties.

There are some there who are taking orders who don't seem to have any intention of sending it out.

They do not have the book in stock as required, and you will not receive your book.

I have no doubt there are legitimate sellers there, but read the reviews of past purchases carefully.

(I have ordered the book from several places, and visited several book stores. No luck yet.)
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
shamrockgreen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Amazon Marketplace Warning Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
All,

Be careful about ordering the book off the Amazon Marketplace from third parties.

There are some there who are taking orders who don't seem to have any intention of sending it out.

They do not have the book in stock as required, and you will not receive your book.

I have no doubt there are legitimate sellers there, but read the reviews of past purchases carefully.

(I have ordered the book from several places, and visited several book stores. No luck yet.)

Many 3rd party sellers are drop shippers, especially when it comes to HOT books in high demand. Short first prints of the book and the demand is keeping this item on the reorder list.

I am a third party seller but I do not sell NEW books and do not order anything from the major book distributors, however I can give some tips on order from 3rd party sellers.

First you can email the seller and ask them if they actually have the book physical inventory. If they do actually have physical inventory of the book, the order should be shipped within 2 business days of the order placed. The book if ordered via standard shipping should arrive 4-14 business days later. If a book does not arrive in this time frame, call Amazon and file a A-Z complaint. If you ordered your book expedited shipping it should arrive within 7 business days (generally it arrives in 2-3). If you do not get the book within the time frame contact Amazon. Their customer service policy is outstanding.

Basically with Amazon the customer is always right....do not ever hesistate to contact Amazon with a purchase problem concerning a book or third party seller. You as consumer need to stay on top of the third party sellers that are trying to build up huge $ amounts in their accounts before shipping or ordering out from wholesellers the book you ordered.

We take our book selling as third party sellers seriously on Amazon, we can't please everyone but strive very hard to accomodate our customers.

My best advice to you if you are going to purchase this book off Amazon is buy it directly from Amazon, shipping is quick and you are assured of getting a copy.

Now.....when buying your other books...email me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: