SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boycott MSNBC et al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jungle-Rat. I don't necessarily agree with all you said. Altough I do think O'Reilly has gone over the edge in favor of his own ego and ratings. I still like Sean Hannity. Only thing is, can someone please just wrap Alan Colmes in duct tape for a few days? I can't stand when he pipes up. Yuck. Can we just have the Sean Hannity Show? .
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: foxes only achilles Reply with quote

The only issue I have with fox is one man that used to be named Jerry Rivers, big time ACLU man now known as Geraldo Rivera
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Geraldo supports the troops and doesn't slime them like John Kerry did.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can we just have the Sean Hannity Show? .

Fox seems to be increasingly ashamed of representing the conservative point of view. I don't see why the conservative POV always has to be "balanced" by some leftie like Colmes. It doesn't bother CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC to be openly leftist. IMHO, trying to appear "fair and balanced" is nothing more than appeasement to the left....to avoid their unjust criticism. Guess what...it's impossible to avoid their criticism...you just have to ignore them.

I'd much rather listen to Michael Savage. He's conservatiuve and not the least bit ashamed of it. Neither am I.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Savage is great. Too bad NBC took him off the air. He was the best talent they ever had. Just a tad to far to the right for those prissy little people.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thank God we can at least listen to Hannity on the radio without that clown Colmbs butting in. When ever that guy buts in, its like hes just using cookie cutter questions to get the answers he wants, never asks any in depth questions.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinkleUSA wrote:
Dang... the admin swatted the troll before I got a chance to play... lol

I have the same frustration. Just when I start to hammer one, they are gone...poof. I have never seen such efficient troll control. Kinda takes a bit of fun out of the board Sad , but I do realize that space is limited.

Zell Miller
shamrockgreen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't boycott NBC again until the Olympics are over. 2 weeks every 4 years is all they get of my viewing time.
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: FOX News -- NEWS???? Reply with quote

atjbear wrote:
Fox News is state run television for idiots that can't formulate their own opinions.

Hey atjbear;

I get my news from on line sources and Fox News. My wife is hooked to ABC. When she gets up in the morning I tell her what she's going to see on ABC as the big story or two. Then I tell her "The rest of the story". I just love hearing "you were right" at least once a day.

The truth only hurts those who are afaid of it.

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also MSNBC is partly own by Microsoft.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atjbear is just a troll. Begone!
PENJ
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle_rat wrote:
Quote:
Can we just have the Sean Hannity Show? .

Fox seems to be increasingly ashamed of representing the conservative point of view. I don't see why the conservative POV always has to be "balanced" by some leftie like Colmes. It doesn't bother CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC to be openly leftist. IMHO, trying to appear "fair and balanced" is nothing more than appeasement to the left....to avoid their unjust criticism. Guess what...it's impossible to avoid their criticism...you just have to ignore them.

When the Hannity & Colmes show began, Sean Hannity wasn't big. From what I understand, though, Roger Ailes began the show as a Hannity vehicle. He asked Sean's advice regarding what liberal he would like to work with. It was Hannity who suggested Colmes, as he used to listen to Colmes' radio show. Reportedly, they like each other personally even though they disagree often.

Look, I am a liberal on most social issues, although I take what would be a conservative position on many fiscal/economic issues. That said, I give Hannity credit for getting along with at least one member of the other side. (He admires other liberals.) Given that this country is made up of people with all kinds of points of view, I don't see how it is helpful for the media to balkinize into single minded outlets. That's what is happening with radio these days with WABC in New York all the way to one side and Air America all the way to the other. So one station Bush is the devil, on the other station Kerry is the devil. How does that help us work towards solutions, especially since a large number of people are independents who don't necessarily fall on the right or the left?
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: MSNBC, Geraldo, CNN, et al

I watch mostly Fox, because the reporting's solid, and because I like the commentators.

However, I do make a point to force myself to switch over to MSNBC and also CNN ... just to keep tabs on them. If you don't hear what a liberal commentor is saying, then you can't know what the dem talking points are going to be, or what needs to be said to counter those talking points.

Watching a little of CNN and MSNBC keeps me from being "ambushed" by liberal acquaintances of mine.

RE: Geraldo ... before he became a liberal talking head, he did start life as an pretty solid investigative reported. He seems to have tried to go back to his roots, and I'll watch his reporting on Fox. He has an ego the size of Montana, as does O'Reilly, and I bet Geraldo's just happy the 101st didn't shoot him a few years ago! No more maps in the sand for HIM!

The very good thing we have now is Fox, and radio talk shows. Back in the Vietnam years, we had NO dissenting voices from the mainstream media, and no questioning of Walter Chronkite.
leftknee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Fox News Sunday morning Reply with quote

Mike is misstating the facts about what Mr Rood is saying. Mr Rood is talking about Feb 28 when Kerry shot the wounded VC. Mike is tying this to the March 13 Rassman rescue event. Mike stated that the shooting on Feb 28 validated the story by Rassman and Kerry that there was shooting on March 13th. Pure lack of knowledge. Hope everyone emails this mistake to FOX News
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly just watch fox because I get so mad with msnbc and cnn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: