SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop attacking Kerry's medals, attack what he did later
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Stop attacking Kerry's medals, attack what he did later Reply with quote

I said this before, and this posting from a purported veteran in alt.politics.republicans says it all:

"These swiftboat [veterans] are not just discrediting Kerry's medals - they are also discrediting the medals earned by other vets. If they can convince people that the military screwed up with Kerry's medals, there is nothing at all to suggest the military didn't screw up with the medals earned by any other vet." ("veterans" isn't what he wrote, by the way.)

This argument has merit even if Kerry deserved none of his medals. Remember that officers above him had to approve every medal, so saying that he didn't deserve them reflects on the character and integrity of other members of the Armed Forces. On the other hand, Kerry's side has no conceivable defense whatsoever against the following items:

(1) Kerry threw his medals back into OUR country's face so he is no longer entitled to claim them. If he now says he threw another man's decorations over the fence while pretending they were his own, it simply reinforces Kerry's total lack of character, ethics, and integrity.

(2) Kerry gave the NVA for free what dozens of POWs endured torture to refuse giving up: admissions that our Armed Forces committed war crimes.

The above item is, as I think I saw on TV, a centerpiece of a new SwiftVets ad. This is absolutely devastating and it should be pursued.

[brag] Remember that I am the person who took down the Million Mom March, an organization hundreds of times "bigger" than me in personnel, financial resources, and political support (including figures like Hillary Clinton and Carl Levin). I did this by knowing how and where to hit them, and through the good fortune of getting a columnist to publish ONE article with national exposure. I didn't argue gun control with them, I pointed out that they were apparently using 501(c)(3) tax-exempt money to influence elections. That broke their back almost instantly; you could almost SEE them panic and begin to collapse. I can therefore claim somewhat reasonably that I know how to take out Kerry's political career as well. [/brag]

Plenty of other things also can be said about Kerry, such as his association with Al Sharpton (whose followers burned down a Jewish-owned business in New York and killed several people), Michael Moore (http://www.stentorian.com/politics/moore.html) and George Soros. As suggested on my Web site below, the hamster story looks like a fake and this reinforces the idea that Kerry is a phony through and through:

(1) He threw his decorations away but now it turns out that they weren't his.
(2) He poses with a hunting rifle but he has voted consistently with the Brady Campaign (Handgun Control Inc.)
(3) His daughter says he rescued a hamster that had been submerged far longer than (I think) a hamster could survive, noting that the animal normally breathes 100 times a minute.

These three items together paint a very convincing picture.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing the point Bill,

The serial lying started in country with Kerry's peers and superiors. We're not diminishing the value of true recipients. We're diminishing the man that has diminished our valor. By exposing Kerry's fraud in Nam we give value back to those who served with true valor.

Last edited by ASPB on Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Actually I think it is clever. The Kerry campaign is all over themselves trying to defend his medals....and trying to stave off a Standard Form 180. Really, that is one of the key points in the medal controversy...to get Kerry to RELEASE those records so we will know.

However, please note that while he and the MSM have been defending the medals, they have allowed the second ad to go unanswered, and that second ad is far more damning than the first.

In short, the medals were round 1 to introduce an element of doubt...an initial kick to the shins if you like. The second ad is round two and it a direct punch to the solar plexas.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving man.

I might also add that his actions as a potential president have been revealing....and totally damning.

Truth is Beauty
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all will come together. Kerry has built his whole political career on Vietnam, his medals and him being a hero. It is gonna get alot nastier because if Kerry cant win this and just trash the SBVFT, his political career should be finished. In my opinion with all his lies, it will be well deserving. I also agree with Polaris's theory. We are in the second phase while the media and Kerry are still in the first and they arent catching up.

Curt
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
We're not diminishing the value of true recipients. We're diminishing the man that has diminished our valor. By exposing Kerry's fraud in Nam we give value back to those who served with true valor.

But the enemy can CLAIM that SwiftVets is diminishing the value of decorations that were awarded to other veterans. Since we have so many other routes of attack against which the other side has no defense whatsoever, why give them the opportunity to muddy the waters?

Right now, the enemy is claiming that SwiftVets is a RNC tool for "smearing veterans." Go after what Kerry did after the war, and the enemy loses that line of counterattack. (See my latest post for how to deal with John McCain and other veterans who are now sticking up for Kerry.) The other side has no conceivable defense whatsoever against the fact that Kerry threw his decorations back into his country's face.

The other side has tried to defend Kerry's statements about war crimes as "protesting a war that was a big lie" but that is pretty weak. There were plenty of ways to protest the war that would not have aided the enemy.

The Chinese general Sun Tzu (whose tactics were used against us in Vietnam) said to attack what the enemy cannot defend. This applies to business and politics as well as to war. Do not go head to head with the enemy if you can hit him in his flank or rear.

The new SwiftVets ad, that points out how Kerry gave the NVA for free what many POWs refused to give under torture, is absolutely devastating. It is a formula for a one-sided massacre of Kerry's credibility.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I don't disagree with what you're saying strategically but a lot of this, in fact most, is not about political strategy. It's about honor! If Kerry were a Republican foreign policy hawk today it would not change what we're doing.

Get this through your mind. We don't care, in this effort, whether Bush wins or loses. that's politics. This is not about politics. It's About Honor!
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is not about politics. It's About Honor!

Bravo.
Now that is cutting to the chase.
That is exactly what all this is about.
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the enemy can CLAIM that SwiftVets is diminishing the value of decorations that were awarded to other veterans.

The enemy may spout that position, but I think the American people are smarter than that -the bad apple in the barrel analogy

As a civilian, I certainly see it as Kerry who has diminished the value of the service and medals of all other veterans.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kate
As a civilian, I certainly see it as Kerry who has diminished the value of the service and medals of all other veterans.

Excellent point.

Curt
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Play with honor but play to win Reply with quote

prdCOmom wrote:
Quote:
This is not about politics. It's About Honor!

Bravo.
Now that is cutting to the chase.
That is exactly what all this is about.

Then we should want to keep a DIShonorable individual (Kerry) from becoming Commander in Chief of a couple of million honorable people who are serving in our nation's Armed Forces, just as Bill Clinton should have never been CIC of people who could be (and were) thrown out of the Armed Forces for sexual relations between a superior and a subordinate, as done by Clinton and Lewinsky in the Oval Office.

To put it another way, we don't want to end up like the good guys in "The Last Samurai" (mowed down by Gatling guns partly because they refused to employ firearms, as the sword was more "honorable.") The good guys died with honor but the bad guys won. Vince Lombardi had it exactly right: winning isn't everything but playing to win is. (He never said "winning is the only thing," nor did he ever advocate winning by dishonorable methods like cheating-- but you played to win by every available method within the rules.) And Saint George (Patton) himself said something similar.

It is one hundred percent fair, honest, and honorable to talk about how Kerry threw his medals back into his country's face, and how he gave the NVA for free what dozens of POWs refused to give under torture. Kerry did these things and no one can argue with them. By focusing on these aspects of his record instead of his medals,* we can keep him from becoming CIC of millions of soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

* and don't forget that doing this touches on the honor of innocent third parties like the officers who signed the paperwork for the decorations. Another way of putting it is that, when one calls a man a b*stard, one also calls his mother an adulterer.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Unfit for Command" is about Kerry's record both in Vietnam and after he returned to the US.I think the Swiftees are doing the correct thing in exposing his phony war hero persona and dishonorable conduct when he returned to the US. Both are important in exposing Kerry as an opportunist who was not above selling out his fellow soldiers.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Bill,

The officers (all of them) have put their lives and reputations, from Admiral to seaman, on the line to expose the lies. They deserve our respect and admiration. Besides, they're telling the truth! Laughing
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I think it was smart to go after Kerry the "war hero" first and raise questions about his service. For a long time Kerry has belittled and spit on the service of his opponents, now for the first time some people were raising questions about his service.I think it would have been expected for someone to come at Kerry on the basis of his antiwar activities what was not expected was for someone to take on Kerry the "war hero". I think raising questions about his medals and "war hero" persona caught Kerry and his campaign by surprise.
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill is correct, we have more than likely got all the mileage out of Kerry's war record, now is the time to shift the attack to Kerry's post Viet Nam actions/statements. We have him on film and in his own words. He'll try to worm is way out of these statements, but the more he'll try to explain himself the deeper he will dig the hole.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think he needs to hear all the issues daily and hopefully hear it alot. I dont feel sorry for this guy and to me Kerry is in a class by hisself. I dont know any veterans like him. He has put hisself into this position and he needs all the heat he can get. I am sorry that some of you dont like the part about discussing the medals. But it is an issue of his whole political career and he made it an issue. You dont look and Kerry and think of other vets. I look at Kerry and see scandals. I am wondering just how much scandal will be brought out about Kerry by the SBVFT. I dont see where any of this needs to stop. Matter of fact, all of it together needs to be nailing his ass to the wall daily and any vet should be pissed at this guy. He labeled each and every vet that fought in Vietnam.

Curt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: