SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who wrote after action report for Thurlow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amstanbury
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Who wrote after action report for Thurlow? Reply with quote

Maybe this is covered in another topic. It's being contended that report leading to Thurlow's Bronze Star was written by Lambert and speaks of hostile fire. How does this square with what I've been hearing that only Kewwy wrote up the incident? What am I missing here?
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I have seen that mentions Lambert is in the Washington Post article that hit the Internet yesterday and is dated for publication today:

"Even if Kerry did write the March 13 after-action report, it seems unlikely that he would have been the source of the information about "enemy bullets" flying around Thurlow. The official witness to those events, according to Thurlow's medal recommendation form, was his own leading petty officer, Robert Lambert, who himself won a Bronze Star for "courage under fire" in going to Thurlow's rescue after he fell into the river. Lambert, who lives in California, declined to comment."

Notice the fudge words around Kerry: "...it seems unlikely..." and "official witness" to the "recommendation form". Note: the author can't say for sure Kerry did not write the report (Kerry, the Cambodia Coward, refused an interview, and we all know he has yet to sign a Form 180), and there is no reference to the after-action report itself. Thurlow has said, though, that it was Kerry who wrote the after-action report. If Kerry will ever come clean with all his military records, maybe that assertion can be corroborated.

I love it how the so-called "mainstream media" assume that since Kerry got the medals he must have deserved them, and no doubt should be cast on the "Navy's official documents," i.e. the citations, with no questions asked about how the language in the awards got there in the first place.

And the press has yet to focus on the bigger issue: how is it Kerry is allowed to brag about medals he won and then "symbolically" threw away in a very public -- and much-publicized -- protest because -- for him -- they were badges of war crimes? How can any of his former crewmates stand up with him when he bugged out on them (including fleeing from the 3 boat on 3/13/69 while all the other boats came to its aid), abandoned them when he got his ticket punched with the 3rd undeserved PH, and went home to call them all war criminals?

So much for investigative reporting.
amstanbury
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was based on what I heard on Fox News this A.M. Now I can't recall if CeCe Connolly (of the Wa. Post) said it or Wallace said it. Nevertheless, what you've just told me, essentially, is that the guy whom they'd like to be the author of the report won't comment about hostile fire, whereas they'd like the Swiftvets to produce "documentary evidence" for every single thing they've said and sworn to and, in particular, the confirming evidence of no bullet holes in the boats. This train is rolling and won't be derailed by the babbling of the likes of Hurley or Podesta or their media minions. Come cwean, Kewwy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: