SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Soldier Investigation Testimony

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinki dau
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Winter Soldier Investigation Testimony Reply with quote

Name: Steve Pitkin
Served: Co. C. 2/39th, 9th Inf. Div. May- Aug 1969
can find my testimony on "VVAW site Winter Soldier Investigation" (Misc. Panel)

I came back angry at our government who should have known better than to let men and women die in a conflict they had no intention of winning. Again, this is beginning to strike a bell for present conflict, but I hope it changes.
I wanted to say that except for my contempt for the liberal press, that the entire testimony I gave was a bold face lie. If any of you ever see the movie "The Winter Soldier Investigation, I am the one trying to talk my way out of testifying, because I didn't know of or see any "war atrocities" deliberately being committed. "War Atrocity" is an oxymoron for the morons who've never been under fire. My unit never went out with the intention of doing anything but it's job.
Knew Kerry on personal level. Used to call him "Lurch". Was also at "Dewey Canyon III" and watched some longhair with bag full of ribbons passing them out to whoever wanted to throw them over the fence at the capitol. I grabbed some and threw them at the reporters and left.
Went back into the military via 20th SFG (Md Nat. Guard) in '74 but could not get back on full time active duty with them.
Joined Coast Guard (Aviation) in '78 and served until retirement in May 97.
I'm asking my fellow Brothers in Arms to forgive me for being duped into the set up for returning Vets such as myself. No excuses, I was wrong for what I did, and I spend my time confronting Kerry Supporters by telling them what he's really like. When they ask me "How do you know?...

Last edited by dinki dau on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinki, why not take this to the press? Tell your story to them and encourage them to go public.
dinki dau
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Winter Soldier Investigation Reply with quote

Tried to take it to everyone from R Limbaugh to Fox news, and they don't seem to care.
To the whoever who wrote in, I'm not making myself out to be a "hero" (They're on the Wall), I'm just coming clean. Be careful before you cast the first stone.
xcorpsman-usn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Soldier Investigation Reply with quote

dinki dau wrote:
Tried to take it to everyone from R Limbaugh to Fox news, and they don't seem to care.

dinki dau It is a new war and a new season..This time they may listen..this morning on Fox Hurley said kerry was sticking to his winter soldier testimony.. Mad Thank you..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: