SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dem Talking Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Dem Talking Point Reply with quote

I've heard this twice today by the DNC. It's something Rush has been saying to great effect.

I suspect the Dems are saying this in the hope that others will repeat it and it will eventually be true.

THEY ARE CLAIMING THAT THE SWIFT BOATS KEEP CHANGING THEIR STORY.

To the best of my knowledge, the Swift Vets have not changed their story and have it pretty firmly documented in the book.

THIS FALSEHOOD HAS TO BE CORRECTED.

It is Kerry who keeps changing his story. Over and over and over again (They're even back to him claiming he WAS in Cambodia.)

We have to contradict this lie when they say it. We can not let them repeat this over and over again.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin Note: Removed the quoted troll post that I deleted.

The swifites have said on more then 1 occasion the reason for them coming out now is Kerry is unfit for command of the military. As a senator they had no worry about him as president they do. Now chew on that buddy.
Ladyhawke
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard that John O'Neill was going to be on for an hour with Rush Limbaugh tomorrow. It might be the biggest audience yet for the stories that need to be told - and Rush will let it flow. I cannot wait!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what the Dems are referring to are Elliott and Lonsdale saying positive things about Kerry in 1996 or 1998 (don't remember the date) and saying negative things about him now.

The point they miss is that they have now learned "the rest of the story" about how Kerry wrote up the reports that got him the medals.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

Go back and check those 1996 statements by Adm Hoffman and Cdr Elliot. They do not endorse Kerry for senator. In fact, if you read the old interviews, they refused to do so even under some interviewing pressure. All they said was that they did not feel that then Lt (JG) Kerry committed war crimes. To my knowledge they still don't at least with regard to his silver star incident.

That was the huge story at the time: That Kerry had committed war crimes during his silver star action.

It's funny how details like this get lost in the spin. [Go back to the 1996 Boston Globe archives and you will find more.]

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: