SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you serve under a "President Kerry"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Would you serve under a "President Kerry" Reply with quote

How many of you would actually serve in the military under a "President Kerry?" How many of our armed forces will continue to serve if he is elected?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you serve under a "President Kerry" Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
How many of our armed forces will continue to serve if he is elected?

The answer is "all of them" - being in the military is about serving your COUNTRY and not about serving your president.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. You are right. I still cannot help but think how demoralizing it would be to serve under someone who is, himself, a traitor.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We survived under Carter.

We survived Clinton.

I think Kerry would do more damage than either of those and I can see a lot of people becoming dispirited and leaving at their EAOS instead of re-enlisting - it happened a lot during Carter's tenure.

Not sure of Clinton's - I was out of the Navy by then and a Navy wife, but I know morale took a nosedive during his years. Perhaps the same thing was going on then.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be some high ranking officers retiring before they normally would as happened under Clinton, but for the most part the military institution is greater then any single president. People serve for their love of country not any particular president or the office of the presidency, although the person residing in the presidency has always had a direct affect on the morale of the military.
Jim Peterson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Service is to the Country Reply with quote

I was at Little Rock AFB with the JRTC when Clinton held his party just down the road in Little Rock, AR after the 92 election. I went back to the 5th Group at Ft Campbell, KY for the next 2 years. While there were a few cracks about him here and there for the most part we had a job to do and went about it.

Whoever is elected, the individuals in the military will have their opinions about the man, respect the office and get on with the job. After all, the job of President is temporary while the military just goes on and on and on, and.......

Training Aid for the staff Mar 74-Apr 95
Who?
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed inappropriate propaganda - Admin
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The members in my family who are in the military are more ticked about having to serve under Bush who doesn't know jack about what it means to leave a family behind or put your life in danger. They don't want someone telling them what to do when that man hasn't walked a mile in their shoes.

I somehow doubt you know anyone in the military, family or not. You smell very much like a Troll.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who? wrote:
The members in my family who are in the military are more ticked about having to serve under Bush who doesn't know jack about what it means to leave a family behind or put your life in danger. They don't want someone telling them what to do when that man hasn't walked a mile in their shoes.

Using your logic, Franklin Roosevelt would have been a horrible commander in chief. I don't think you have family members in the service. I think you are a troll. Beep.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed quoted troll post that I deleted - Admin

President Bush is a Graduate of Yale and has an MBA from Harvard. You obviously do not know the truth. Your attitude is quite miserable and I suspect your life gives you back what you earn. I think the economy is great and am having the best year of my life and I am self-employed. My life is terrific. I abhor political correctness and don't give a darn what Franch, Germany and Russia think of us.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed quoted troll post that I deleted - Admin

2003 GDP
1 United States 10,881,609
2 Japan 4,326,444
3 Germany 2,400,655
4 United Kingdom 1,794,858
5 France 1,747,973
6 Itlay 1,465,895
7 China 1,409,852
8 Spain 836,100
9 Canada 834,390
10 Mexico 626,080

Damn our economy is in the gutter. Wish I lived in France.

Also, speaking of 4rth graders in the state of Texas Bush brought down illiteracy from 23 percent to 2 percent as of 2003 by bringing phonics back into the public schools.

Chew on that buddy!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to serve...what's a little more spit going to matter.

But I would encourage my kids not to serve under kerry.

Under Bush...no problem.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I silenced the Kool-Aid drinker. Smile
MarineCorpMom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son, who is currently serving in Iraq, will be making his decision next year re: continuing his commission with the USMC. He has said that whoever is the Commander in Chief will, most likely, weigh heavily on that decision. He would leave his beloved Corps & return to civilian life rather than serve under Kerry.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
I think I silenced the Kool-Aid drinker. Smile

Goodness. I hope so. Where do they come from? They're like cockroaches crawling out of dark corners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: