SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

300 NEW REGISTERED USERS IN LAST 24 HOURS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, welcome aboard! Smile

I really think Kerry imagined he could waltz right through this election with only a few of the people that he spit on putting up any kind of fuss.

That he could make proclamations of how he has stood by and stood for veterans all these years and no one would question him on it.

Not happening the way he planned it.

And thank you guys for the nice notes about the mods. We try. We're here to support Swifts, just as you are.

Thanks for hanging with us! Smile
CeeBeeBratPH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me also as one who has been faithfully following the Website and Forums for the past month and decided it is time to stand up and be counted with this group. My donation was mailed yesterday and here I am standing beside those seeking truth and justice in an inverted world of up and down, right and wrong.

Heads high and keep on pushing!
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally standing up Reply with quote

ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter wrote:
"...He is a respected member of society and he doesn’t speak against the country, the vets or the people of the United States. He is proud of the service men and women today and still proud of being a US Marine. Yesterday I was shocked as he re-registered as a Republican. This man has been a Democrat since he was able to vote and even though I am Republican we just don’t talk politics. Why did he change?

“I don’t want that anti-military, anti-vet, self proclaimed hero and lying SOB to be Commander in Chief of the men and women who proudly serve the military today.”

Do I need to say anything more?"

No, that just about says it all. Wink

†he Pa†rio†™
A Son of the American Revolution
(Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.)
VietnamVetsWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter Reply with quote

ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter

Welcome! You brought tears to my eyes.
My husband and I both joined last week. He hasn't posted yet, but he reads. He has strange nightmares where he yells out and cries, but he never wakes up. Usually all the sheets are half off the bed when we wake up in the mornings.
He volunteered for Vietnam, he had just graduated college with a teaching degree, and was deferred. But he said, he was going! I have the utmost respect for him, and all Veterans!

Keep up the good work Swifties, I am so proud to be an American, and you guys never let me forget it!!!!!!!!!!
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter Reply with quote

VietnamVetsWife wrote:

He has strange nightmares where he yells out and cries, but he never wakes up.

Very much the same for him. I lay there and listen sometimes I feel like I am violating him but it is my only of understanding what he went through. I can only close my eyes and hear his words and imagine what he is reliving in his dreams.

My feelings about SwiftVets is they are not promoting Bush or Republicans what they are doing and rightfully is standing up and presenting the lies and crap Kerry threw in their face 35 years ago and challenging his fitness to be in charge of the military that he once turned his back on. Go Swiftys!!

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie here, too. I was sickened by Kerry the hypocrite and just sensed there was a whole lot of spin, if not outright lying in his military "service". Then, I saw the CSPAN re-play of the O'Neill/Kerry debate on Dick Cavitt, and then the unrelenting efforts by media to ignore or discredit, and figgered this effort by folks who were there, and from everything I could see, sincere and driven by understandable motives, was worthy of some support. A grass-roots effort needs every dollar and every voice raised to get and keep attention focused on its mission. So, after ordering Unfit from Amazon, I did a search to find the folks behind it all. And what I've found is an outstanding resource for sifting through the fog (the real fog and the created fog!) and putting some substance to my gut feeling that JK is an opportunistic liar. I also found a forum that's well organized and maintained, with predominantly respectful discussion aimed at ferreting out the truth. Without this resource, I would have been left only with the belief that a fresh out of college Ltjg with a few months of experience is about as qualified to be CinC as a copywriter is to be head of NBC. That's still true, but oh there's so much more than just inexperience! Inexperience can be cured by time, dishonor to this degree cannot and should not!

Keep up the great work!

Military Spouse, retired
Sharon_47711
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you hubby. Thank him for his service. My Viet Vet hubby is no longer with us. He loathed Kerry when he was here. He taught me plenty. I'm new here also. I signed up to show my support.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we have here is a phenomenon ...Soccer Moms on steroids...now kerry can't win! Wink
dallasbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Love this forum Reply with quote

I registered yesterday.

I made a monetary donation.

I was glad to discover the "silent majority" has decided to no longer be silent.

I am darn tired of Maureen Dowd, the NYT and the MSM dissing Texas, Texans and our Constitutional right to give money and our full support to causes we believe in. Don't mess with Texas! Long live Bob Perry!

Lastly, remember, if a Democrat at the national level opens their mouth: They're lying!

Thank you Vietnam Vets for your honorable service,
Bob Pruett
Houston, Texas
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Love this forum Reply with quote

dallasbob wrote:
I registered yesterday.

I was glad to discover the "silent majority" has decided to no longer be silent.

I am darn tired of Maureen Dowd, the NYT and the MSM dissing Texas, Texans and our Constitutional right to give money and our full support to causes we believe in. Don't mess with Texas! Long live Bob Perry!

Lastly, remember, if a Democrat at the national level opens their mouth: They're lying!

Bob Pruett
Houston, Texas

Dear Bob,

Welcome aboard. I hate 'em too. Sickening liberals. It's time we dumped a lot of money into this group to show what a fraud John Kerry really is. Worse, he is a communist and a traitor.
jimbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading the forum for a few days, and decided to register. A Navy veteran myself (77-84, USS Ranger, USS Detroit), I really don't care what Sen. Kerry did or did not do in the service. What has bothered me for some time now is that this obvious opportunist has gotten any traction with the American people. After the education afforded me by this site, the news media (MSNBC, CNN, Fox), I see that this issue with the swifties is a perfect example of what I had suspected about Kerry all along. He has not developed any strongly held convictions for himself. He must adopt them from others and they must have immediate benefit to him. The swifties are correct in their analysis; Sen. Kerry is not fit to command our armed forces.

By the way, wasn't Chris M hilarious. He should take that act on the road. The problem is he'd have to take every other day off to recover. Did anyone else notice his replacement was far more balanced? I don't think his day off was voluntary.
snowy251
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry shouldn't of made this his center piece of his election without taking the heat for it. Now he has to go forward with it or look like a big dope. What is Kerry hiding? Just release his records and let the people see.

Semper Fi!
USMC
1980-84
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdonions wrote:
I would like to say Welcome to all the new members. Hopefully most of them are not TROLLS.

In the early days of this site, there were quite a number of "trolls." They were rapidly debated into oblivion. Their debating style ranged between outright hysteria to below-sixth-grade-debate-club level (at best).

Regarding the possibility of new babblers coming aboard, and armed with my handy-dandy Dilbert Debating Rule Book ( at www.megat.co.uk/wrong/ ), I say "Bring 'em On."

FDL
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Love this forum Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
dallasbob wrote:
I registered yesterday.

Bob Pruett
Houston, Texas

Dear Bob,

Welcome aboard. I hate 'em too. Sickening liberals. It's time we dumped a lot of money into this group to show what a fraud John Kerry really is. Worse, he is a communist and a traitor.

His calls for ad censorship and book banning sure don't bring George Washington and Thomas Jefferson to mind.

FDL
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: 3600 new registered users reporting for duty. Outstanding! Oooooorahhhh!
Great job Swifties

Back online tonight after a hard day of fishing the Florida ocean. Most of the talk today while fishing was about the turncoat John Kerry, the Swifties, and the book "Unfit For Command". We were interrupted a few times today to reel in some fish. Took a half hour break from Swifties chat to reel in 50 pound sailfish. Release sailfish, then resumed Swifites chat. More new recruits (registered users) to follow soon as everybody that I met today, I told them to come to swiftvets forum and sign up.

Thank god for Al Gores' internet since it has given us all this unique ability to assemble, join ranks and be heard as never before all the while having never met and operating from the privacy of our own hooches!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: