SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PayPal anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: PayPal anyone? Reply with quote

Hey, I don't know any other way to ask this question. Can we (gosh, I just feel like such a part of this group) get PayPal added to this website so it will be easier to receive donations??? Millions of people use PayPal across the nation. Can anyone look into this. I would be happy to make a weekly donation because we need the money so badly. Any suggestions?
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have a credit Card? My God! You must be a conservative! Wink
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal would be a good idea. While I have given to SBVT via credit card, I do have a PayPal account too. I find using the PayPal account easier to use. You might want to look into it. Fees are very nominal.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal would be a terrific addition guys. Many people do not like to use credit cards on web sites, but have no problem using their PayPal. And its so easy to use! 3 click of the mouse button and voila you have donated.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I would definately use my Paypal account Very Happy
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can write electronic checks...woooohoooo. BUT it will be a record with name on it and pay pal would have it. Not sure how the anonymity of pay pal works. I personally wouldnt mind going through pay pal but some might. I personally think donations would at least double. Good suggestion regardless.

Curt
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good idea. My earlier post was in jest! Maybe after Kerry completely implodes there will be time for administrative details.

Hey guys and gals, we have a war to fight and we're winning! Let someone count the beans when the war is won!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
It is a good idea. My earlier post was in jest! Maybe after Kerry completely implodes there will be time for administrative details.

Hey guys and gals, we have a war to fight and we're winning! Let someone count the beans when the war is won!

Okay. I still want someone to get us PayPal. It only takes a few minutes for the webmaster to load it up. I promise (on a stack of Bibles) we can take in two or three times as much money. Money is what we need now to keep this ball running. We need more ads and we need more media buys. I want us to start rolling up about $1 million every week to dump into media buys. There is more to the story to tell. We won't get a fair shake from the media. We have to buy that time. Lots of vets are angry and this is the perfect vehicle to let even more than swift boat vets have a go ad Kerry. How many vets did he insult? A whole lot more than 250. John Kerry challenged this group to "Bring it on!" Well, let's do just that.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Nomorelies on the fact of raising alot more money but look at it from both sides. Paying pay pals percentage will be a great amount. We will help pay pal just as much as the SBVFT. If we are right, it will be ok. But if we arent, it may not be worth the hassel. I sell on Ebay and I strictly believe in pay pal but I wont try to force this sites hand. But again, I like the idea.

Curt
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nomorelies that's a great idea! I love Paypal and use it all the time. I'll bet it would increase donations too. Very Happy
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt wrote:
I agree with you Nomorelies on the fact of raising alot more money but look at it from both sides. Paying pay pals percentage will be a great amount. We will help pay pal just as much as the SBVFT. If we are right, it will be ok. But if we arent, it may not be worth the hassel. I sell on Ebay and I strictly believe in pay pal but I wont try to force this sites hand. But again, I like the idea.

Curt

Dear Curt,

I hope that the webmaster doesn't think I'm trying to force anything. I am very sincere in wanting what is best for the SBVT. I take credit cards in my business and I still pay the card companies a percentage. When I sold on ebay I found the convenience of rapid fire payments via PayPal far outweighed the extra penny on the dollar. PayPal has excellent security and is the best known on the internet. I appreciate your input too.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Nomorelies... No argument here. I think it would benifit alot but we will have to let the site owner/founder decide. Thats all I am saying.

Curt
Navy_Brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day,

While I agree that paypal is a quick and easy way to send money, it kinda reminds me of Kerry, the say one thing and then something else.... I also sell on eBay and started accepting Paypal almost from when they started, one of the reasons was that advertised it was FREE "forever" with no restrictions...... then it was a small fee per transaction.... then it was a fee plus a percentage per transaction plus limits depending on your account status (Business, Personal, Verified, Unverfied, Etc).... and now it is a fee plus a sliding scale percentage per depending on your level of sales from the previos month.... luckily I am "grandfathered" till Aug of 2005 at the low percentage which will then (Aug 2005) go to the highest percentage because I don't do enough volume. I plan to start telling people in june '05 that unfortunatly I will no longer accept Paypal Aug 1 '05 because of the increase. From what I read all NEW account will be charged on the sliding scale.... which is less the 3,000 per month.. 2.9, 3-10,000.. 2.5, 10-100,000 2.2 and over 100,000 1.9, all also have a .30 pre transaction fee.... Plus just 1 dispute over a insignificant amount and they can freeze the entire account, have heard a few horrer stories...

So there is some info to help the decision.

Jeff Eldridge
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - PayPal has a "Featured" or "New" vendors page; if calls are placed to the right person, and SBVT is added to that page, it will increase traffic to the site and donations...

Also, one of you folks, or perhaps one of your kids, may have knowledge of how to drive traffic for this site... let us know if you have any expertice.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeff,

I accept 4 major credit cards in the course of my business. It is a necessity. There is a 25 cent per transaction fee, billing fees and my rates (I do good volume) are between 2.25 and 3.5%. I also pay $46.00 monthly to lease a terminal upon which to make transactions and pay additional for a separate, dedicated phone line. If I compare the money I pay to Visa, Amex, Discover and Mastercard, I don't find PayPal rates out of line. Honesty, that is the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: