SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are we inadvertently helping Kerry become President?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
Now I know how post end up being repeated!

But another thought as well. The strategy here is not to get Bush elected. Obviously, all of us think Kerry would be a terrible President, and an even worse CinC.

But the objective here is to simply get the truth out. This is not so he'll lose, or Bush will win.

The strategy here is to simply get the truth out about John Kerry. After that, let the chips fall where they may.

I understand and agree with your stated positions, as they are mine also; hopefully, the truth will set us all free.
My point was, wouldn't it be sad if our path of good intentions had unintended results - those being Kerry as C in C; no more, no less.
MarkRock
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Polaris is right Reply with quote

Polaris is absolutely right.

The Kerry-Edwards campaign announced right around the time of the Democrat Convention that they would "go dark" until early September (when Bush received the GOP nomination).

But now that the story surrounding Kerry versus the SBVT has pierced the mainstream media blackout and it is damaging Kerry's standing in the polls (especially among Veterans), Kerry has decided to start running ads about a week and a half before they had planned.

Take away Kerry's phony war hero status and what does he have? A 19 year US Senate voting record that demonstrates that he votes to cut intelligence spending and defense spending.

As someone who has made a small contribution to the SBVT campaign, I don't want the SBVT to do anything except tell the truth about what Kerry did in Vietnam and what he did to smear Vietnam Vets once he left Vietnam.

Bush-Cheney aren't going to raise these issues. But you can bet that POWs and others are not going to go quietly as Jane Fonda in pants attempts to become our commander in chief.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: re helping kerry Reply with quote

I hope you guys are rght, I cannot sleep at nite worrying about him being president, last nite, late foxnews reported that since the ad came out,200,000 vetss have come to support kerry, the public is easily misled , I am afraid theu are going to vote for him regardless, fox also showed yesterday that his is leading in most states bush 211 electoral votes kerry 300+ I know that this site is not political, but kerry can not be president, or it will be veitnam all over again
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media just recently got involved and interested in any investigatory reporting of Kerry's military record and anti-war activities. More and more is becoming known about Kerry that the public in general is not aware of, thanks to the efforts of the folks here and at other veteran sites. But we have to stay active and keep emailing them to point out the discrepancies in their reporting and demand they get the facts straight versus just putting their personal spins on the matter.
I just fired off an email to Brit Hume asking him to moderate a forum of anti and pro Kerry Swifties to try and get thru the smoke and flak. If Kerry doesn't have the stones to answer the tough questions and quit blaming Bush for his problems than we need to demand answers from his lackeys, NOT a couple of Army spokesmen like Rassmann and Hurley, the bombthrower. What the hell is the media doing giving them a soapbox? Neither of them can relate to the Swift Boat missions and Rassmann barely knew Kerry (BTW, I STILL want to know why he was on the boat).
LeastofThese
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Fact is, we'd do it even if it did help Kerry.

Bravo, Polaris! It's this spirit that convinces me that the Swift Vets' mission is a respectable and admirable one.

"Truth" doesn't change based on poll results or popular opinion; it simply remains the truth and, when the dust settles, it will still be standing.

Rachel in Atlanta
cgc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Bob Dole has come forward Reply with quote

Yahoo news is reporting Bob Dole is questioning Kerry's purple hearts and the fact that Kerry has attempted to make his 4 months in Viet Nam a centerpiece of his run for president. Dols is saying what does Kerry expect, He blasted all of his Fellow Veterans in 1971 with his lying testimony and now he wants us to elect him CIC? Yea Right! Dole also said that The three purple hearts were earned without the loss of any blood, time in the hospital, missed duty etc. Senator Dole's ******** filter has sorted out the **** from the shinola. There is over TWO MILLION Vets from that era, so what is Kerry has 200,000. I say Kerry's ******** has finally caught up with him.

CGC Swift Boat Veteran, 68-69 An Toi, Danang, Swift Crew 6C
dhanson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole issue has done one really good thing, if nothing else. It's taken the 'Vietnam card' away from Kerry in the debates. I was dreading the debates because I was just waiting for Kerry to take a shot at Bush about not going to Vietnam, and using that to neutralize any criticism of his own record. Now he doesn't dare bring Vietnam into the discussion, because Bush will have some ammo to throw back on him. So now when Bush attacks Kerry's record on intelligence, the military, and security, Kerry won't have a riposte against Bush.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very interested in knowing where that 200,000
number came from. I live in an area where there are thousands of
active duty and retired Marine and Navy personnel and I would have
to look hard to find 200 that support Kerry. We here in NC (despite
the polls) don't think much of John Edwards either and it would take
a complete collapse of the Bush campaign for Kerry-Edwards to
win this state in November!
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: It changed my husbands mind Reply with quote

My husband has been strongly Democratic since the first time he voted. I couldnt get him to view this site at first so I played the media from the SBVT which was over an hour long and made sure the speakers were turned up. The next day he mentioned some things he heard from my computer vs what was on the news. He now is a registered Republican this week.

Dont get me wrong either I vote either way depending on who I think would do the best job and consider myself in the middle when it comes to politics.

Very Happy

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media will try to spin this just like they did things that made Carter and Clinton look stupid in the 70's and 90's.

Carter got away with some really dumb stuff and like Sean Hannity I am constantly amazed at how much damage he did to this country and it's interests in just ONE term.

Clinton got pass after pass after pass because the internet was just coming into it's own and Fox news was just starting up. Can you imagine how FBI Filegate, the Travel Officegate and Chinagate would play out if they happned today? The illegal fundraising activites that Sen. Fred Dalton Thompson tried to look into where about half the witnesses fled the country and the other half pled the Fifth Amendment and Janet Reno just yawned and ignored the whole thing? And the mainstream media acted like this was all one big waste of time? They could never get away with that stuff now.

In the past the Dem's would spin stuff and there was nobody to call them on it. Remember when the Republicans got control of the Congress for the first time in over 40 years during the midterms of 1992? And they cut the projected spending increases for school lunches from (from memory here) 10% to 5%? And Tom Daschle and Richard Gephardt did photo ops on the Capital steps surrounded by school kids talking about how the mean Republicans were trying to starve our children? They continually claimed it was an actual reduction of spending, not a cut of projected spending increases in the next few years.

And the media helped Daschle and Gephardt do it. Over and over again the media pretended the money spent on school lunches was being cut when only the spending increases planned for the future had been reduced.

And they GOT AWAY WITH IT. That is just one example of how the compliant media aided the party they favored.

Now they throw out figures like 200,000 Veterans For Kerry! and expect people to believe it.

I sincerely doubt 200,000 Vietnam Veterans are going to support Kerry.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just read some statistics last week that said there were 26-28 Million veterans in the country, 6-8 Million of them from the Vietnam era.

JUST the Vietnam era vets could lose this war for Kerry if their might was mobilized on voting day.

Add in the older and younger brother and sister vets and their families - get them educated as to the truth and JUST the vets in this country could cause a landslide.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Are we inadvertently helping Kerry become President? Reply with quote

Steve02C5 wrote:
With the media focus squarely on Kerry's military service and OFF his 25+ years ultra-liberal voting record, are we inadvertently helping him become President?

Kerry's 25+ year voting record is for the Bush campaign to deal with, especially since they have pseudo-condemned the Swift Boat Vets ads.

The Bush campaign can go ahead and condemn all they want because these Vets have a right to be angry, and a right to be heard.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve02C5 wrote:

I understand and agree with your stated positions, as they are mine also; hopefully, the truth will set us all free.

My point was, wouldn't it be sad if our path of good intentions had unintended results - those being Kerry as C in C; no more, no less.

Set you free? Yeah, because people are going to want to vote for a candidate that's been a dork his whole life, basically. 'Camel' Kerry? Remember? So he gets to be President that way. I can understand your anxiety. And Wright and others wanted him out for the good of the unit. Yep, another way to become President. The New Soldier - now in ppk (well, maybe someday). Another sure way to the Whitehouse. And just the fact that the more people get to know this guy, the less they like him. I can understand your nervousness.

Now a good part of all that reason you think he'll be President is that people will warm to his ability as a fiction or sitcom writer. It takes quite an imagination, which you must think people would appreciate, to come up with a firefight, a brutal, withering and sustained firefight, in which a bunch of 50 foot boats bunched together a few feet from shore, and one without any propulsion, receive not a single bullet hole anywhere on the vessel, not to mention that not a single crewman on a six-man vessel is wounded from anything but a single mine that exploded (or was remotedly detonated, no one's really cleared that up).

Add to that the 'story revision' meetings, before final shoot, where the first draft they have boats all disappearing around the bend (this was Rassman day one, remember, the first day he's in the public eye), so that Kerry turns around and sees the bobbing Rassman (Kerry, speaking on Rassman Day One), and then later Kerry is going to immediately rescue the 3, but he gets 'blowed up', and they keep working on the plot, Monday, Tuesday . . . Just like any sitcom. Of course, since they didn't get a chance to roundfile the rejected scripts, we get to read all these conflicting accounts at once. And it's clever. And it's creative. And you can sort of see the 'creative process'. Kerry-Edwards, for a laugh?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the Bush campaign folks know how to pitch THEIR ads. What THEY do, or don't do, isn't an issue here.

Let's keep our focus>>> candidate Kerry's activities related to Vietnam.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: re foxnews Reply with quote

just watching foxnews, monday morning, they had a dem senator and another dem back to back, and they both called the vets a bunch of liars, the senator from ny was really nasty, and kerry is calling them liars, fox just keeps repeating it we need to get someone to respond, also pretty boy edwards is calling for the ad to be pulled
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: