SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doubting Thomas Here...But..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Septer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Doubting Thomas Here...But.. Reply with quote

When I first started reading and posting on this site, I was in full support of the SBV4T. I was already against Kerry and figured to myself, “Yeah!...Here’s something that will keep Kerry from getting elected-the truth! Here are facts according to the book, ‘Unfit For Command’”

So, the media onslaught begins.
Some people against Kerry are apparently discredited.
Some people have been shown to waffle on specific statements made in the BOOK.
Documented evidence has been presented by the government that substantiates Kerry’s heroic claims.

Now, grant it, I haven’t received my pre-paid ‘Unfit For Command’ from Amazon.com, but I am now beginning to have reservations on its accuracy.
This crap is begging to insult my intelligence!

What I want is accuracy and truth! What the HELL REALLY HAPPENED!

What I expect is from those sniveling-elitist creeps from the Kerry campaign is to make public his records.
Sign that 180 form.
Until you do, Mr. Kerry, there is going to being lingering doubt on your ability to be elected and to serve as President of the United States (assuming you are elected).
Mr. Kerry, you owe it to those that you intend on governing that you are indeed qualified to lead.
I for one will have severe doubts about you.
You say that you are A Uniter, Not a Divider? Then you should prove it!

Sign that 180 form and get this behind everyone so we can deal with today’s issues!.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, it looks like "what the hell really happened" is that you've had the wool pulled over your eyes by a few sleight of hand tricks.

Who's been discredited?

Nobody but Kerry has had to admit that there was no Christmas in Cambodia - and changed THAT story, even.

Nobody but Kerry has been demonstrated to have turned and run from the group in the No Man Left Behind incident.

I don't get it. Even Rood's appearance seems to have backed up at least part of the Swifts' recollections.
25-06
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, the media onslaught begins.
Some people against Kerry are apparently discredited.
Some people have been shown to waffle on specific statements made in the BOOK.
Documented evidence has been presented by the government that substantiates Kerry’s heroic claims.

If you actually read the evidence about the so called discredited, waffeling and such you will find that it does not hurt the SBVT case. It is the spin of the media that makes it apear that way.

If you get a chance to see O'Neill in a reasonably fair setting like "ThisWeek" was was he will put down this spin and loses nothing.

I came to this site that same way you did.
Im not a vet, just a proud consertive american
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your statement that some of the stuff in the book has been discredited.

It's torture, but you have to follow some of these news stories through to the end and then you see the book has NOT been discredited.

I've been marking up my own copy of UFC with new info as it comes out in these news stories and supposed "discreditings".

Re: Kerry's Bronze Star...much of the controversy is over whether there was enemy fire when Rassman was rescued...UFC claims there was not...a few days ago (on the 18th I think), the Washington Post supposedly "discredited" UFC's version by quoting Thurlow's Bronze Star citation, which clearly says there was enemy fire...but nothing was discredited...Thurlow has told a consistent story, that (a) there wasn't enemy fire, (b) he - Thurlow - didn't get his Bronze Star citation until years after the action when he was back in the States, (c) if the citation does say there was enemy fire, it says so only because it was written from Kerry's own reports (the same reports that formed the basis for Kerry's citation. falsely claiming enemy fire) and is "fraudulent" (Thurlow's word) to that extent! And Thurlow's account is backed up by many more eyewitnesses than Kerry's. (I think Kerry has 2, including himself and Rassman; Thurlow's version has something like a dozen witnesses.)

Re: Kerry's Silver Star...there are several points of controversy. Not that I claim any knowledge, but I tried to summarize the competing versions of this event in another thread (I don't know if this system will let you search it). There are probably others who have summarized the facts better. In the last couple days, we've seen William Rood's account of that event come out with much fanfare, supposedly "discrediting" UFC's version of the event. But once again, it didn't really. As I wrote in my other post, and as Mr. O'Neill has said far better and more effectively than I ever could, Rood's account actually agrees with UFC's account on the majority of key factual points....as *against* Kerry's account.

Re: Kerry's 3 purple hearts....Look at your news; Bob Dole himself has just come out agreeing that they were for "scratches" or tiny bits of self-inflicted shrapnel, and what was Kerry thinking when he claimed awards for them? So UFC's criticism of the Purple Hearts stands up.

Re: Kerry's statements and actions in 1971 with his Vietnam Vets Against the War group...Those are all public record. Kerry said what he said; did what he did. Look them up on many websites.

The bottom line is I think you are going to just have to wait for your copy of UFC to arrive....It helps alot to have the book in front of you, when you are trying to follow all these tortured stories and resolve the different claims, and to be able to compare (or even write in) the new points you learn.

I'd had a lot of fun following the controversy, and each day I am more amazed than the day before at how much substance and REALITY is in SBVT. This group is the real deal. (As opposed to, say, Kerry who is not.)

Last edited by joe_madeup on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:29 am; edited 4 times in total
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay the course. Let Kerry get rattled. There can be some honest memory differences in 35 years. However Kerry's statements over the years are not the Fog of war (or age) but pure unadulterated lies.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only distortions and waffling I've seen have been Kerry's stories and some of those coming out to support him. Even they seem unable to agree on what happened. Did Kerry pull Rassman in the boat, or did he dive and save him? Supporters have said both now.

Was he in Cambodia Christmas Eve, or close to it and went to Cambodia later on, maybe for another Christmas Eve in January of 1969? They've said both of those too.

The Swift vets have steadily maintained their stories and haven't waffled. That a couple supported Kerry a few years ago shows they too were fooled by him, by a long time, nothing more.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of nothing that the Swift Vets have said that has been discredited.

Disputed, yes, and I think poorly so. But still not discredited.

Blanket statements like that drive me crazy.

What has been discredited?

The only thing that I know that has been successfully disputed is whether there was hostile fire on the actions that brought Kerry the bronze star. The after action reports (most likely written by Kerry) clearly say that there was hostile fire.

The physical evidence of this, however, does not back up Kerry as even 1000 meters (not the 5000 that Kerry claims) of hostile fire over an hour and a half would have certainly damaged a boat.

It is Kerry's version of the the events that took place that keeps changing, not the swift vets.

Please refrain from the "Juan Williams" attack by simply saying things are true without even some reasoning that backs this up.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh!
maybe we better rethink this whole thing.

I mean, even today, I heard Susan Estrogen warn that this could really hurt the Bush campaign.

Like I could care.
I want Kerry to earn a Purple Heart for a change.
I want Kerry to write a full report answering the (apparently competely baseless) charges and present this to the people of America.

Problem is, I want direct answers, and I want them from John Kerry, and I want them signed.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the term "Juan Williams attack" come from? (who was that? forgive my great ignorance)
AF366TFW
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't think the SBVT are disputing the award of the Bronze Star for the action on 13 Mar 69. It is the Purple Heart that is awarded that day that is in contention. Am I correct?

To my knowledge the first Heart, the third Heart, and the Silver Star are the bones of contention here. All the rest of the "he said, she said" is just smoke and memories. It's the 2 heart and the Silver Star that are the contenteous awards.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Williams - NPR leftist talking head.

On Brit Hume's Special Report 2-4 times a week.

Tried to argue Kerry's case for a week without even having read the book, when Barnes and Kondracke obviously had. Wink
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
I mean, even today, I heard Susan Estrogen warn that this could really hurt the Bush campaign.

If Ms Ostrich really believed that she would not have given the warning. AFter all, she is a Kerryite, why would she want to help Bush?

She made the statement because she knows the swifties are damaging Kerry and will continue to do so.

All this is about is making sure the voting public know the complete truth about the two candidates so they can make an informed choice. Kerry has not been fully analyzed.....till now.

Go get em Swiftvets!

Zell Miller
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Sweet Sue Reply with quote

When Susan Estrich speaks, my 5-year old cries and the cats dive under the bed. My wife's memorable reaction: "My God, who is that woman? Turn it off!"

Forgive this off-topic post, I couldn't help myself.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Her Voice + her Politics..= bad reaction
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF366TFW wrote:
Actually, I don't think the SBVT are disputing the award of the Bronze Star for the action on 13 Mar 69...To my knowledge the first Heart, the third Heart, and the Silver Star are the bones of contention here.

Hey,

The episode where Kerry pulled Jim Rassman out of the water was both the Bronze Star and the 3rd heart, right? and I could be wrong, but I think the point of contention about whether there was enemy return fire that day would make a difference to how well-earned the Bronze Star was.

Something I forgot to mention - Another point of contention was whether Kerry stood his water that day after the mine exploded under PCF-3 and did the other Swift boats flee? or rather, did the other Swift boats remain and Kerry fled? I say that "WAS" a point of contention, because the Kerry campaign caved on it!!!! Which is reflected in the most recent Washington Post article on the incident. That article *took for granted* that Kerry retreated from where the other boats were remaining to help PCF-3. Wouldn't Kerry fleeing the scene also make a difference to the validity of his Bronze Star that day?

It seems to me that the Swifts discredited Kerry's account - they forced this huge concession from him. This huge change. Yet the mainstream media just silently slips in the big change - hoping we won't notice. And indeed, I very nearly forgot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: