SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you serve under a "President Kerry"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed quoted troll post that I deleted - Admin

Who do you think you are????

I have a cousin in Fallujah so Iraq is covered there with that one, my daughter is in the Navy, she was married in May and 2 weeks after marrying her sailor husband, she deployed on a surge deployment to Iraq, got that covered again, my son who has been in the longest in the Navy has just deployed again and is headed somewhere over there and in the job he does he will be feet dry at some point, got it covered again.

Guess what, my daughter was not registered to vote, kept after her on how important it is to vote when she turned 18, but now she is getting registered because she is NOT wanting Kerry as her CiC. None of my sailor's want Kerry as CiC.

Matter of fact my son told me everyone he is with is AGAINST Kerry!!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin got him. Hip hip.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Admins removed him but sure is fun debating them while they last. They are definately like cockroaches at least in terms of intelligence and number.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that troll got sent to the brig, if not atleast make him walk the plank!!! LOL
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Active Duty attitudes towards Kerry Reply with quote

I joined the Navy in 1988. I am curently stationed at Great Lakes Naval Training Center teaching young recruits basic engineering principles. I can't think of one time I have heard a Chief in the mess say a good thing about Kerry. We all remember the RIFs, budget cuts, BRACs, resorting to cannablizing working equipment to keep our Ships mission capable, delays in new platforms like the DD21 and supercarrier under the Dems because they were giving the American public a "Peace dividend". We have lost training facilities such as Roosevlet Roads thanks to rabble rousers like Sharpton, and are rapidly losing more training areas because of environmental activisits. They closed their eyes to history, and ignored the dangers that are still so prevelant in the world. And here comes Kerry, who votes against every signicant military expenditure, voted to slash intelligence funding after the first WTC bombing, thinking we must be idiots because he is ready to "report for duty"? What is really eye opening is talking to the hundreds of civilians who work on base, many who are retired military from the Vietnam era. Again, definitely no support for Kerry from those fine individuals. My only concern is these young recruits who have had their brains poisoned by the main stream media and the blabberin chuckleheads in Hollywood may not open their eyes wide enough in time. Thank you Vets for getting the message out in the open were it belongs. I trust the truth will prevail
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm struggling with that question right now. Luckily I won't be signing anything until summer of 2005, so i have some time to decide whether I want to join.

i've actually thought about becoming a 'dem dodger' and staying in england if douchebag wins tho
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Serving under Bush comment

The military isnt a free trip to college its the responsibility to serve in combat if you are called upon. Dont like it dont serve.

My father has served under many presidents but his job is to serve the Country. He did his job in Iraq and just came home a few months ago. He doesn't complain and he feels it was the right thing to do. The media doesn't show what he saw to make him believe removing Saddam was right. It was difficult specially on my mother and there were days we wished he wasnt there when we heard about the consitant attacks on his base. Were a stronger family than we ever were with every conflict and we realize just how special our freedom is. He would do it again in a heartbeat and we would support him just as strongly as we did before.

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i'm struggling with that question right now. Luckily I won't be signing anything until summer of 2005, so i have some time to decide whether I want to join.

i've actually thought about becoming a 'dem dodger' and staying in england if douchebag wins tho

If you do NOT want to put on the uniform of the United States military (whatever branch, in whatever capacity) more than ANYTHING in your world, then do NOT do it. Please. People's lives will depend on you, and you can NOT be having "second thoughts" when the going gets tough (and I can guarantee you that it WILL get tough).

Duty. Honor. Country.

They aren't just words. People DIED for those concepts. People will continue to die, holding those ideals. Perhaps even you will die with those words on your lips.

It's your choice. Don't screw it up.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: I just found this somewhere Reply with quote

One sunny day in 2005, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here." The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and again walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Kerry. I've told you already that Mr. Kerry is not the President and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"

The old man answered, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow."
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, cipher. Thank you.
jirwin72
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice one

I served in the Military under Bush 41 and Clinton. I was part of the 30% budget reduction Clinton made. I can say that, without any doubt, I would never ever serve under a Democrat President again. I would be done with my first 4 years and call it good.

When I joined the service, it was the proudest day of my life. Hell it was the proudest day in my entire families life. We are after all Military wo/man. There has been an member of my family that has served the United States in every war going back to World War I. I have 3 cousins serving in Iraq right now. To hear the vile being spewed out of Kerry's mouth and his surrogates. Just makes my stomach turn, I hope that you swiftvets can keep this man from the White House. I know you personally can't do that, but with your determination and getting the truth out it will change peoples opinion. I have already changed 10 friends mind concerning Kerry. I can not say for sure who they will vote for but I know they think of Kerry the same way I do now. I got my book on order at my book store, they seem to of sold out in my area already.

Keep up the work guys and gals, You give us the information we need and we will make sure everyone sees it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: