SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Media is actively undermining the war on terror *UPDATE*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: The Media is actively undermining the war on terror *UPDATE* Reply with quote

I base my statement on what I see, and don't see, in the dominant media stories coming out of Iraq.

Stars and Stripes had better overall coverage, good and bad, when I was over there. The home media, with the notable exceptions of Fox News, talk radio and the internet news sites, are pushing the anti-US line of the Islamofascists and Al Jazeera(ie: enemy propaganda arm).

Why?

Because they are using it to target the Presidents re-election bid. They don't care what they do to the morale of US Servicemen and women by smearing them all as brutes who sexually assault and beat Iraqis in order to achieve that goal. They are rapidly destroying what little trust there is of the media in the Armed Forces, once again, in order to acheive a partisan political goal for those the media THINK should be running things; John Kerry.

Last edited by Grampa on Fri May 28, 2004 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Media - Iraq Reply with quote

Grandpa,

You couldn't be more correct. It's disgusting what the 5th estate has evolved into.

Steve
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Biased media Reply with quote

Grampa,
You must be a recent returnee from Iraq. Thank you.
It sure didn't take you long to figure out the biased [Left] media here stateside. It's rampant, and we don't get Stars and Stripes to compare.
Frankly, besides Fox News, I rely on the many bloggers, which are generally much more intelligent than mainstream media. In addition, I get to read the many Iraqi bloggers to get a more accurate picture from an Iraqi point of view.

Welcome home!!

Vietnam Vet
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres more..

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/28/93140.shtml
failedminus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys speak of the leftist media but you constantly are giving links to news max which has a complete bias to the right
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

failedminus wrote:
you guys speak of the leftist media but you constantly are giving links to news max which has a complete bias to the right

You know, you guys always claim that newsmax is biased to the right, but I don't recall any incidents in which newsmax has falsified stories.

Unlike the New York Times, which tilts far left but HAS had a terrible credibility problem in the last few years.
failedminus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

news max isn't exactly a well known news resource to the general public. would be hard to question there sources or ability to put a slant on what they report
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

failedminus wrote:
news max isn't exactly a well known news resource to the general public. would be hard to question there sources or ability to put a slant on what they report

I'm not sure that I followed that. But, I'll try, anyway.

Conservative news outlets exist to provide some balance to the notoriously slanted partisan networks. The internet is now leading the way.

People don't have to rely on Dan Rather or Peter Jennings or Tom Brokaw or Aaron Brown any more. They have the same wire services available to them as the anchors and they can choose where to put the emphasis in their daily slice of news. They can be their own news anchors.

I choose more conservative sources than liberal for mainly one reason - conservative news is optimistic about our country.

It isn't blind; it sees things that go wrong, but it doesn't blame America first for every freakin' mishap in the entire world.

It sides with this administration more often than not, and when it reports something that amounts to a national disaster or catastrophe, it doesn't seem to relish seeing the US in a tight spot. (Such as the partisan media continues to do with the crimes at Abu Ghraib.)

I guess I won't ever understand why leftists would raise such a hue and cry over someone using newsmax or the Washington Times as a source, then turn right around and cite something like daily.mislead.org or "Err Amerika" for their sources. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: